British Speedway Forum
Gavan

Ipswich v Belle Vue 13th July

18 minutes ago, arnieg said:

2023 all official fixtures (exc bonus)) King is 11th making him not just the best third heat leader but a pretty decent second one. He has a better average than all the Wolves riders bar Masters.

So based on actual points scored in real matches King is more than doing his job (and his average is up on last year)

Trouble is he goes missing at key times like last night, and rides lines at Foxhall that are clearly not working.

Full marks to the Ipswich promotion in carrying out the remedial work to the track to get the meeting restarted again, and it looked as though the racing actually improved after the work for those riders that wanted to mix it. Listening to Adam Roynon on the BSN stream it's easy to see how some riders can talk themselves out of wanting to continue, he was doing this even from the commentary box and then when the racing restarted Keynan Rew immediately raced his way past Brady Kurtz.

I hope the Sheffield promotion were watching last night on what to do after a rain shower and not just pull the plug and go home!

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Theres nowt worse than a bloke riding injured and  confidence at low ebb, the 2 go together,  riss is both of these.

Hes not doing himself or the witches any good tbf.

Riss needs replacing and should of been stood down wks ago, like been said his poor form puts more pressure on Rew and the reserves, would Batch fit for Riss, just asking :D

10 hours ago, hagonshocker said:

The mind boggles how he got the job in the first place 

If your mind boggles at that maybe you ain't as clever as you think you are - seriously how many people do you think would seriously have the time committment and dedication to do the job!?

47 minutes ago, iainb said:

Full marks to the Ipswich promotion in carrying out the remedial work to the track to get the meeting restarted again, and it looked as though the racing actually improved after the work for those riders that wanted to mix it. Listening to Adam Roynon on the BSN stream it's easy to see how some riders can talk themselves out of wanting to continue, he was doing this even from the commentary box and then when the racing restarted Keynan Rew immediately raced his way past Brady Kurtz.

I hope the Sheffield promotion were watching last night on what to do after a rain shower and not just pull the plug and go home!

Given I wtach most of my speedway at Foxhall - the weather is generally very good in summer there and its the first time in ages I have seen riders filled in and covered with shale!

15 minutes ago, kevin bass said:

Riss needs replacing and should of been stood down wks ago, like been said his poor form puts more pressure on Rew and the reserves, would Batch fit for Riss, just asking :D

I think Riss has lost his nerve.

Feel for Riss because he's clearly not right but he's just trying to continue to earn himself some money, Has he always put his goggles on at the last second when sat at the tapes?

As for the season the blame lies fully with the people who thought it was a good idea to put 150% faith in Danny King and Danyon Hume whilst chucking Keynan Rew in the deep end from the get go when the young lad had no experience on British tracks.

3 hours ago, arnieg said:

2023 all official fixtures (exc bonus)) King is 11th making him not just the best third heat leader but a pretty decent second one. He has a better average than all the Wolves riders bar Masters.

So based on actual points scored in real matches King is more than doing his job (and his average is up on last year)

Where are these figures from?  On the BSPA site using either the team declarations pages or the rider statistics pages King is nowhere near the best third rider. I'm also puzzled why you'd exclude bonus points.

Edited by SPEEDY69

What about replacing Eric Riss with Craig Cook - I remember when he scored an easy 15 point maximum for you against Belle Vue

He has recently returned from being off with a bad back and on wednesday top scored for Edinburgh at Oxford eating both Scott Nicholls and Sam Masters

55 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Where are these figures from?  On the BSPA site using either the team declarations pages or the rider statistics pages King is nowhere near the best third rider. I'm also puzzled why you'd exclude bonus points.

Cos bonus points mean naff all to team building,,, eg Riss last night got a bonus point for finishing third 50 yards behind his partner in a 3 man race,,, 

50 minutes ago, 60sMonarch said:

What about replacing Eric Riss with Craig Cook - I remember when he scored an easy 15 point maximum for you against Belle Vue

He has recently returned from being off with a bad back and on wednesday top scored for Edinburgh at Oxford eating both Scott Nicholls and Sam Masters

He's obviously hungry for success (I'll get my coat)

2 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Cos bonus points mean naff all to team building,,, eg Riss last night got a bonus point for finishing third 50 yards behind his partner in a 3 man race,,, 

But I'd argue a second behind a team mate, meaning you beat both opposition riders is better than a second behind one of them.  The original point was not about team building but his worth to Ipswich this season, keep up.

55 minutes ago, 60sMonarch said:

Good idea - in reality anyone would be better at the moment :D

4 hours ago, arnieg said:

2023 all official fixtures (exc bonus)) King is 11th making him not just the best third heat leader but a pretty decent second one.

Using 2023 all official fixtures (exc bonus) King is 15th in the averages.   Not the best 3rd heat leader - That is Jaimon Lidsey of Belle Vue.   

But King is not too far behind Belle Vue's 4th best rider - Charles Wright.