British Speedway Forum
comet49

Under 21 Final, Glasgow, 16/07/23 2pm

8 hours ago, Cabbageman said:

I was at meeting & it was fantastic all the lads done well only a few not at it who said Rowe was the proverbial better than them all he had to work hard & yes he was brilliant but not in a different league they were all mixing it Rowe bailey Thompson kemp edwards hagon giving it to each other on a good racing track ,connor didn't make the start in final & was at the back in first lap he passed the lot so how was Rowe miles ahead utter nonsense..connor got a great response from tigers fans we were all cheering for him brought the house down in case anybody thinks otherwise, ace pijper was not on it tho had a crash early so didn't help but hes only just turned 17 & will be back a shout out to 15 Yr old ashton boughen who showed his talent in 3 of his races his time will come he has years on a few of these guys & no doubt in a few yrs cud win this big talent there , also good to see some Plymouth fans long journey well done to them for supporting event for their 3 guys,  As for time of meeting & how long it takes etc tigers need to ditch the stupid kids race its nonsense a wee tip tho the Glasgow meetings normally take longer than most why it's called revenue they don't want meeting over in a flash they want to sell booze food etc its not rocket science 

I agree with 95% of this post, it was a brilliant meeting and well done to Conner, but I believe as a club we need to cater for the younger generation if we want them to grow up supporting Speedway. We spoke to one young lad yesterday afternoon who was there for the first time and he absolutely loved every minute of the meeting.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

I don't like finals & think these events should be decided over 20 heats. However I don't "feel" for Rowe, because before the match he knew the rules & understands a 15 point max only guarantees him gate choice in the final.

Unde the rules Connor Bailey was the deserving winner (I don't like these rules & feel Rowe would have been a deserving winner in a 20 heat match).

I don’t particularly like this method either but like you say they know the score before the start.One thing that it does ,it probably stops riders “having a word “with other riders  who are not in contention in last few heats to “ take it easy” in certain circumstances.We all know it happened in the past.Great meeting yesterday though. Gates were pretty even and riders had difficult decisions.

9 hours ago, Cabbageman said:

I was at meeting & it was fantastic all the lads done well only a few not at it who said Rowe was the proverbial better than them all he had to work hard & yes he was brilliant but not in a different league they were all mixing it Rowe bailey Thompson kemp edwards hagon giving it to each other on a good racing track ,connor didn't make the start in final & was at the back in first lap he passed the lot so how was Rowe miles ahead utter nonsense..connor got a great response from tigers fans we were all cheering for him brought the house down in case anybody thinks otherwise, ace pijper was not on it tho had a crash early so didn't help but hes only just turned 17 & will be back a shout out to 15 Yr old ashton boughen who showed his talent in 3 of his races his time will come he has years on a few of these guys & no doubt in a few yrs cud win this big talent there , also good to see some Plymouth fans long journey well done to them for supporting event for their 3 guys,  As for time of meeting & how long it takes etc tigers need to ditch the stupid kids race its nonsense a wee tip tho the Glasgow meetings normally take longer than most why it's called revenue they don't want meeting over in a flash they want to sell booze food etc its not rocket science 

Aye, let’s stuff the kids (the future supporters by the way) who really enjoy the centre green race just because you’re bored for 15 minutes of your life……..SELFISH!

• Like 3

20 hours ago, iainb said:

Yeah, no, for sure... are there no Glasgow riders innit? I thought Connor Bailey was a Glasgow favourite, Pijper... forecast wasn't great for sure

You asked if there were Glasgow riders in it and then name check a Glasgow asset and a current Tiger, for sure you're not sure. :blink::cheers:

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, tyretrax said:

You asked if there were Glasgow riders in it and then name check a Glasgow asset and a current Tiger, for sure you're not sure. :blink::cheers:

Yeah, no, for sure... I was halfway through typing it when I remembered Ace was a Tiger... meeting deserved a better crowd really

14 hours ago, David said:

1: 58.48  2: 58.37  3: 58.25  4: 57.87  5: 58.92  6: 58.42  7: 58.16  8: 58.32  9: 59.35  10: 59.72

11: 58.98  12: 60.09  13: 60.37  14: 59.85  15: 59.08  16: 59.84  17: 59.45  18: 59.99  19: 60.39  20: 60.11

Semi: 60.22  Final: unknown

• Like 1

I like the kids’ race. It gives me a chance to read idiotic nonsense on the internet.

1 hour ago, Noelinho said:

I like the kids’ race. It gives me a chance to read idiotic nonsense on the internet.

Yeah, no, for sure... you're welcome :)

5 hours ago, iainb said:

Yeah, no, for sure... I was halfway through typing it when I remembered Ace was a Tiger... meeting deserved a better crowd really

Yeah  I blame all those sat at home watching it on their TV (and other devices) or for free on the updates page. Never mind it gives them more time to type nonsense and pretend to be important, for sure.

• Like 1

On 7/16/2023 at 6:10 PM, iainb said:

Yeah, no, for sure, so there's rain threatening, you've had 20 excellent heats of Speedway all building up to a big semi and final and then you stop for 15 minutes, bring a load of kids out to play on the centre green... that's exactly why the sport will never be anything again in this country. It should all have been about theatre but no somebody has got to put a stamp on a tyre, that if it isn't used could easily be used at the next meeting, I don't really care how it works at the moment, it needs to work better, get with it my friend, the writing is on the wall for the sport in this country, born out by the attendance today. 

The rules on tyres are there to prevent cheating, they used to cheat so they brought a rule in to stop it. Now it doesn’t suit you because you can’t wait ten minutes so you want it changed, the sport is in decline , for lots and lots of reasons, moaning about having to wait whilst everyone gets a fare crack at winning a meeting is probably one of them.

23 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Races like that remind me of why I love Speedway. 

It’s been an awfully long time since I’ve been to Glasgow. Looks like a fantastic track these days. 

• Like 2

To ragdoll64 no its not selfish about kids race its a point about the weather & time of meeting run , the weather was iffy & rain was due on the day it rained in heat 15 & same other days as well the kids race delays & impacts the weather on track my point.....but ok on the kids future bit take note kids at 12 up need to pay £15 at glasgow at ( berwick it's free up to 16 & edinburgh i think it's £2.50 in) if kids are the future then why are glasgow exploiting the situation with entrance fees that are frankly disgusting kids at age 12 13 14 dont earn money remember so can someone at glasgow explain that ? A parent taking 3 kids at ashfield age 12 or say 13 pays £65 for 4 ppl same at berwick under £20 absolutely insane if u take more kids ur out a fortune  ...so if u want to go on about the kids are the future go on thats ur argument right there ill wait ...

16 hours ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

The rules on tyres are there to prevent cheating, they used to cheat so they brought a rule in to stop it. Now it doesn’t suit you because you can’t wait ten minutes so you want it changed, the sport is in decline , for lots and lots of reasons, moaning about having to wait whilst everyone gets a fare crack at winning a meeting is probably one of them.

Yeah, no, for sure...

It's the final set at Wimbledon, Alcarez and Djokovic have been locked in a titanic battle, the crowd are expectant to see who the champion will be, the umpire calls "new balls please"... everybody clears the court and a load of kids come pouring in, nobody has any new balls ready, somebody will have to go off to Sports Direct to get some, I hope they're open, umpire puts a "back in 15 mins" sign on his chair and disappears

It's the FA Cup final Man City & United in front of a full house at Wembley, it's one goal a piece, surely the next goal wins it, 10 minutes to go, the ball develops a puncture... everybody off, where's the puncture repair kit? There's 83,000 fans out there! What shall we do? Ah... send some kids out onto the pitch to throw a load of bean bags about. But there's a ball there we could use... NO! it's not got the right stamp on it

smh

• Haha 1