British Speedway Forum
comet49

Under 21 Final, Glasgow, 16/07/23 2pm

45 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

You were watching it on a computer!

Yeah, no, for sure... was watching on my TV actually

1 hour ago, iainb said:

Yeah, no, for sure, so there's rain threatening, you've had 20 excellent heats of Speedway all building up to a big semi and final and then you stop for 15 minutes, bring a load of kids out to play on the centre green... that's exactly why the sport will never be anything again in this country. It should all have been about theatre but no somebody has got to put a stamp on a tyre, that if it isn't used could easily be used at the next meeting, I don't really care how it works at the moment, it needs to work better, get with it my friend, the writing is on the wall for the sport in this country, born out by the attendance today. 

I have to agree.

If this system is to be used for individual championship events where a new tyre can be used for semi-finals & finals then they should be ready mounted by the SCB/BSPL for the qualified riders to put on their bikes. either that or allow each rider two tyres at the start to use as they see fit.

The waiting time at any speedway event is whats killing British speedway

• Like 5

Great experience for all the lads today. I hope they all enjoyed their day, win or lose

Congratulations to Connor

Well done to Anders Rowe. Best rider there by the proverbial mile but missed the gate in the final but still got through to second. Bailey with his ex-home track advantage stole it but it was a good meeting. 

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Well done to Anders Rowe. Best rider there by the proverbial mile but missed the gate in the final but still got through to second. Bailey with his ex-home track advantage stole it but it was a good meeting. 

What a load of crap did you watch it…. Rowe was unbeaten in his heats but wasn’t the best by a proverbial mile ….. How about congratulating the winner … 

• Like 5

Cheesed off i missed this meeting , should have ignored the awful weather forecast and made the journey. Well done all the riders and huge congratulations to Connor Bailey.

1. 44 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

44 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Bit of an exaggeration ,there were others every bit as good.Conner also missed the gate in the Final.It was a good meeting.you have been watching too much at Poole where if you miss the gate you probably don’t win.

Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, sandking072 said:

Would anyone have the race times for this meeting please? Thanks in advance.

1: 58.48  2: 58.37  3: 58.25  4: 57.87  5: 58.92  6: 58.42  7: 58.16  8: 58.32  9: 59.35  10: 59.72

11: 58.98  12: 60.09  13: 60.37  14: 59.85  15: 59.08  16: 59.84  17: 59.45  18: 59.99  19: 60.39  20: 60.11

Semi: 60.22  Final: unknown

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I don’t think you understand the format of the meeting do you ? Every race bar the final is just a qualifying heat. The only race that matters is the final  and your boy came second 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, David said:

1: 58.48  2: 58.37  3: 58.25  4: 57.87  5: 58.92  6: 58.42  7: 58.16  8: 58.32  9: 59.35  10: 59.72

11: 58.98  12: 60.09  13: 60.37  14: 59.85  15: 59.08  16: 59.84  17: 59.45  18: 59.99  19: 60.39  20: 60.11

Thank you very much.

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

Bit of an exaggeration ,there were others every bit as good.Conner also missed the gate in the Final.It was a good meeting.you have been watching too much at Poole where if you miss the gate you probably don’t win.

Yup, Connor did it when it mattered and was running last rounding bends 1&2………what a fabulous race to watch. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Sounded like he enjoyed Ashfield too, heats 4 and 10 where he missed the gate and had to fight back to claim the victory, wonder if he would of done the same had it been at the Passing at a premium track that he has to ride at every Wednesday?

I don't like finals & think these events should be decided over 20 heats. However I don't "feel" for Rowe, because before the match he knew the rules & understands a 15 point max only guarantees him gate choice in the final.

Under the rules Connor Bailey was the deserving winner (I don't like these rules & feel Rowe would have been a deserving winner in a 20 heat match).

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 1

I was at meeting & it was fantastic all the lads done well only a few not at it who said Rowe was the proverbial better than them all he had to work hard & yes he was brilliant but not in a different league they were all mixing it Rowe bailey Thompson kemp edwards hagon giving it to each other on a good racing track ,connor didn't make the start in final & was at the back in first lap he passed the lot so how was Rowe miles ahead utter nonsense..connor got a great response from tigers fans we were all cheering for him brought the house down in case anybody thinks otherwise, ace pijper was not on it tho had a crash early so didn't help but hes only just turned 17 & will be back a shout out to 15 Yr old ashton boughen who showed his talent in 3 of his races his time will come he has years on a few of these guys & no doubt in a few yrs cud win this big talent there , also good to see some Plymouth fans long journey well done to them for supporting event for their 3 guys,  As for time of meeting & how long it takes etc tigers need to ditch the stupid kids race its nonsense a wee tip tho the Glasgow meetings normally take longer than most why it's called revenue they don't want meeting over in a flash they want to sell booze food etc its not rocket science 

12 hours ago, David said:

Final time was 60.89

• Like 1