British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Belle Vue v Ipswich Monday 17th July Live on Eurosport

3 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Have any of you moaning about the ref ever risked your lives reffereeing for our entertainment...?:D

Lol I think all we want is decent refs

Doyle should never have gone and Wright should never have been excluded ….. I’m an Ipswich fan but a speedway fan first so I’d like to think I’m not biased lol

• Like 1

King had one good ride when he beat Kurtz …. We lost by 8 … he was on the end of a 5-1 in heat 10 and heat 12 …. Keep those close we can get closer

10 hours ago, coldace said:

Not one of his best tracks?  Look at his record in the Peter Craven Meetings.  I think he will do better than you think.

Well how did he get on then 

1 minute ago, Baldyman said:

Well how did he get on then 

not as good as King:rolleyes:

We lost again not because of King, but because we’re continuing to carry an unfit 6 point man who is contributing next to nothing. 

• Like 2

Just now, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

For me the Witches rider of the night was Dan Thompson - deserved an extra ride rather than being taken out

Absolutely. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Don't know why King gets so much stick,7pts away from home against the league leaders isn't too bad imo.King seems to get a lot of stick,7pts away from home against the league leaders i don't think is too bad imo.Now Doyle on the other hand 5pts has cost Ipswich the match.

Neither do i. He started the season on 6.41. He has averaged 6.62 before tonight. Tonight 10 from 5 is 8.00.. 

Ipswich ran the Aces closer than I thought.

The best team won in the end but the referee nearly spoilt it for everyone. Luckily the bad decisions just about evened out, but that's no excuse for incompetency of that level.

Doyle wasn't to blame for Bewley's fall and Wright hardly moved a centimetre - do the refs get assessed? If so, tonight should warrant a demotion.

On a positive note, Emil Sayfutdinov goes up in my estimation every time I've seen him this season - a racer right to the end.

Edited by Garry1603
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

For me the Witches rider of the night was Dan Thompson - deserved an extra ride rather than being taken out

Last two meetings he as ridden well - pleased for him - must have been hard coming into to replace his brother and with all the difficulties etc - be interesting to see if he can keep this going on Thursday - for now he is doing excatly what is needed of him anyway - weakness elsewhere is the issue for not winning!

Edited by GeneralMelchett
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Gavan said:

King had one good ride when he beat Kurtz …. We lost by 8 … he was on the end of a 5-1 in heat 10 and heat 12 …. Keep those close we can get closer

I don't really understand your hatred for Danny King, he has had absolutely no support from Riss in recent weeks so whenever he has a poor ride it is always a 5-1.  I feel you expect him to ride at Sayfutinov level every week which is unrealistic and his average has improved despite the premiership being a higher level imo this year.

The reason Ipswich lost is Riss.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Arthur73 said:

I don't really understand your hatred for Danny King, he has had absolutely no support from Riss in recent weeks so whenever he has a poor ride it is always a 5-1.  I feel you expect him to ride at Sayfutinov level every week which is unrealistic and his average has improved despite the premiership being a higher level imo this year.

The reason Ipswich lost is Riss.

For me it's nothing to do with averages, it's when he loses at crucial times to second strings and reserves. The points in heat 15 tonight didn't matter but the losses earlier did. 

31 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Neither do i. He started the season on 6.41. He has averaged 6.62 before tonight. Tonight 10 from 5 is 8.00.. 

He has increased his average tonight, 2 wins too and as someone else alluded to above he has no backup right now from his race partner for his first 3 rides for sure. One of the 5-1s he conceded was Bewley and Blordorn who are no slouches round the NSS - He can't be expected to win every race! Heat 12 however I am grimacing a wee bit as he had beaten Tom Brennan already  - Danny clearly has it in his locker to beat Kurtz and Brennan in heat 7 so you kind of want him to beat Brennan in heat 12.

However no complains from me over having him in the team.

His average is now 6.90 / 7.23 (quickly did the calculation)

Edited by GeneralMelchett

1 hour ago, GeneralMelchett said:

I switched to the TV and old Kelv Bingo was back - phew!

I was on the iPad earlier and it just switched - will check that for next time thanks!! 

No doubt about that. :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

Wouldn’t have mattered with King and Riss awful but the referee is appalling 

Bewley should have been excluded same as Ellis was when Emil went under him last week

Wright blatantly rides Emil out yet Emil is too honest and stays on 

People wonder why speedway is going downhill well it’s meetings like this 

If there is a top 100 list of reasons why speedway is going downhill I can comfortably reassure you that referees making bad decisions does not make it anywhere near that list. 

• Like 4