British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Belle Vue v Ipswich Monday 17th July Live on Eurosport

10 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

For me it's nothing to do with averages, it's when he loses at crucial times to second strings and reserves. The points in heat 15 tonight didn't matter but the losses earlier did. 

However of course, Hume, Riss/Barker and the rs should have done better in all those previous meetings

Edited by SPEEDY69
Spelling

Good win for the Aces tonight, sad I was not there to witness it, as holidaying in Cuba atm. The mark of a good team is they are hard to beat and if one has a bad night, the other steps up to the plate. Sheffield next, with the team whose captains mother cuts my wife’s hair. Aces forever, from Jibacoa.

Doyle should know better by now.  If one ruder steams under another rider and makes contact, if the other rider goes down.  The referee is highly likely to exclude the inside diver, regardless of how much space on track there is.

Bewley knew it and went down when IMO he could have stayed on.

Wright was harsh on Sayfutdinov in heat 14, if Sayfutdinov had gone down no one would have complained. But Wright never moved in heat 15!

Brennan & Blodorn won their meeting for the Aces IMO, must have massively out performed their Witches counterparts. But haven't looked at the actual scores.

Hopefully that's a small scare & a kick up the butt for the Aces

Witches problem for me is Riss, he simply isn't competitive, barely contributes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

For me the Witches rider of the night was Dan Thompson - deserved an extra ride rather than being taken out

Couldn’t agree more , Dan Thompson defeats the tornado 3 times with ease .

I couldn't figure why the Witches put Emil in for Thompson in heat 14 instead of for Riss... Needing a 1-5 it was NEVER gonna happen with Riss in the heat.

That ref though! If you're gonna pull it back for an unsatisfactory start but then see that nobody was actually moving, own your mistake and put all 4 back rather than exclude a rider for no reason.

:rolleyes:

• Like 2

Wright is one of my favourite riders, but he was moving fractionally in Heat 14 and the one in which he got a warning. It is minute, only mm but he was moving.

Adam Ellis does it as well.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I believe it all went wrong for the ref in heat 5 , he could have held his hand up and said I made a mistake all four back no warnings, this then had a detrimental  on heat 15 where there was very slight movement from Wright.

A bad day at the office.

9 hours ago, Col said:

Doyle should know better by now.  If one ruder steams under another rider and makes contact, if the other rider goes down.  The referee is highly likely to exclude the inside diver, regardless of how much space on track there is.

Bewley knew it and went down when IMO he could have stayed on.

Wright was harsh on Sayfutdinov in heat 14, if Sayfutdinov had gone down no one would have complained. But Wright never moved in heat 15!

Brennan & Blodorn won their meeting for the Aces IMO, must have massively out performed their Witches counterparts. But haven't looked at the actual scores.

Hopefully that's a small scare & a kick up the butt for the Aces

Witches problem for me is Riss, he simply isn't competitive, barely contributes.

Certainly agree with those comments, there were some terrible decisions made by the referee, he needs reassessing.

1 hour ago, Mimmo said:

Certainly agree with those comments, there were some terrible decisions made by the referee, he needs reassessing.

Who was the referee? 

3 minutes ago, SSL84 said:

Who was the referee? 

Seth Perkin, son of former Wimbledon promoter Ian Perkin.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, SPEEDY69 said:

For me it's nothing to do with averages, it's when he loses at crucial times to second strings and reserves. The points in heat 15 tonight didn't matter but the losses earlier did. 

King scored to his average from his programmed rides. To criticise him last night is very odd. If Doyle and Riss had done the same then Ipswich would have won the meeting. 

Chris Louis has been around long enough to realise Emil should have replaced Riss in heat 14 surely. Can only think it was a decision made to put Emil in gate 4. 

Given Dan Thompsons form in the last 2 meetings you'd want an up and coming UK rider to get tested if possible with a view for next season

also re Refs - I was reading Tai's autobiography recently and it mentioned about refertees being forced off the panel / list at a certain age does that still happen? Seems to me a speedway referee just needs to stay awake and focus and then interpret the rules correctly. Two decisions last night just seemed wrong to me!

Edited by GeneralMelchett

refs must also know they are costing riders money when they make these stupid mistakes. also Nichols must know better, than to try interview a mechanic just when his riders bike arrives back in the pits. crazy.

20 minutes ago, DazS said:

refs must also know they are costing riders money when they make these stupid mistakes. also Nichols must know better, than to try interview a mechanic just when his riders bike arrives back in the pits. crazy.

I was amazed when Abi went to interview Charles Wright straight after his nonsensical exclusion - I expected a lot of bleeping being necessary!  Fair play to Charles, he kept his cool admirably.

• Like 4