British Speedway Forum
Bojangles

Oxford vs Glasgow - Champ - 19/7

We have an entertaining team who won't win the league with the current line up.

Getting new riders in seems very difficult these days. 

So we will just have to make do with thrilling speedway for another year, there's worse places to be. 

• Like 3

Ragdoll u are saying the same thing again and again so pot kettle black...gI've named riders & said there are many riders if u look which there are ...don't come out with the crap there's no riders about anywhere utter nonsense ...like I said if u pay attention edinburgh got a dane borke who wasn't in the UK .. it's called looking 

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, Toady said:

I was at Swindon the night mark Thorpe got knocked off his machine by a tractor grading so me think humans and tractors don’t mix

just saying

you are right about that try telling farmers though. just saying.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Why not? 

Because Oxford have a lot of fight spirit in them.

Something I think a lot of teams are lacking, we were there for the taking last night and The Tigers tried to pounce but The Cheetahs were too quick

I'll admit that I thought we'd gone to top heavy in the team building. I'm happy to be wrong.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Triple.H. said:

Something I think a lot of teams are lacking, we were there for the taking last night and The Tigers tried to pounce but The Cheetahs were too quick

I'll admit that I thought we'd gone to top heavy in the team building. I'm happy to be wrong.

I thought you went too top heavy too tbh. Way more than we ever did in last 2 seasons! But JJ and Atkins have done really well. 

I'll start worrying if and when you beat us on aggregate though. ;) Last time at Poole we won by 14 and last time at Oxford we lost by 14, so getting really close! The meeting at Poole in August will be interesting for the BP. Big crowd I reckon! 

Anyway Gaz will start moaning in a min as not talking about Glasgow ..

• Like 1

5 hours ago, auntie doris said:

And clinched the Premiership Double in front of their own chanting, cheering fans, which unfortunately was the last ever meeting at The Abbey.:(

Yes I was there what a fantastic night but also sad they could never defend those titles

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Colinspeedway said:

I agree about the atmosphere. The only slight thing/moan this season is I thought the music that is played before and inbetween races is a little sleepy and not very upbeat like other stadiums.

It seems to appeal to the fans near us who are always dancing to it 

2 hours ago, Cabbageman said:

Ragdoll u are saying the same thing again and again so pot kettle black...gI've named riders & said there are many riders if u look which there are ...don't come out with the crap there's no riders about anywhere utter nonsense ...like I said if u pay attention edinburgh got a dane borke who wasn't in the UK .. it's called looking 

Ok Z.   I’ll leave it with you.  Do please apply for the job of recruiting riders for next year so we can be guaranteed all the trophies. lol

58 minutes ago, ragdoll64 said:

Ok Z.   I’ll leave it with you.  Do please apply for the job of recruiting riders for next year so we can be guaranteed all the trophies. lol

Good luck to the riders deciphering the contracts before they sign them.  

• Haha 2

Nobody is guaranteed all the trophies as u say ragdoll ..but Poole seem to be doing a pretty good job of it don't u think ??? ...its called a blueprint Poole always try for a good reserve & build well glasgow just need to do the same get wise to it that's all I'm saying ...they do stupid signings almost every year 

8 hours ago, auntie doris said:

Cant see why the cut-off is so early, the school hols are just starting, would attract loads of kids with no lessons the following day.

Clubs only had to fit in 8 home league matches, so I wouldn't say the cut-off point was too early. I'm sure the plan would be for clubs to race their 4 play-off matches over the first 3 weeks of September so the final can be on the last week of September / first week of October?

14 hours ago, Triple.H. said:

I wouldn't start righting Poole off, we all know how they go when it comes to the play offs 

26 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

I wouldn't start wrighting Poole off, we all know how they go when it comes to the play offs 

No one has written Poole off (who in their right mind would), simply stating the positive elements of the Oxford team!

• Like 1

Cracking meeting all round, Oxford digging deep again to come away with solid win with the bonus still up for grabs. 

Glasgow must view this as a missed opportunity really, it does look as though they just cannot do well enough away from home to win a final this season.

Yet again, sublime stuff from Nicholls, heat 7 again this week showing team riding skills of the highest order.