British Speedway Forum
Bojangles

Oxford vs Glasgow - Champ - 19/7

I see emil breum has signed for a gb team kings Lynn I mentioned ages ago this guys name he's gonna be a big star no pun intended , for the people saying there are no riders out there utter tosh there's plenty of good riders out there if u look hard enough ...anyway now danny Ford at Poole has had a real go at glasgow today after our mauling in Dorset as if that wasn't bad enough if that doesn't rile the Glasgow management & indeed our fans to go after this club in the future & defeat them & beat them  badly I don't know what will ...some of us want to win & put the pirates in their place 

• Haha 1

Cabbageman, can you please form proper sentences. Use full stops and commas, not ……. It makes everyone out of breath reading your posts.

And by the way, Pirates are in their place.

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 2

Everyone's point is there is no-one to replace complin!!! He would be a 5, complin is a 4, we can only do like for like swaps as we've told you countless times. If you want to replace nowak absolutely fine but you're continual gripe is complin and he wouldn't fit!!! Also maybe since your rant is at Poole stick it in the Poole Glasgow thread :t:

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Cabbageman, can you please form proper sentences. Use full stops and commas, not ……. It makes everyone out of breath reading your posts.

Consider yourself suitably patronised lol

23 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Yep, third. ;)

Edited by Bojangles
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Everyone's point is there is no-one to replace complin!!! He would be a 5, complin is a 4, we can only do like for like swaps as we've told you countless times. If you want to replace nowak absolutely fine but you're continual gripe is complin and he wouldn't fit!!! Also maybe since your rant is at Poole stick it in the Poole Glasgow thread :t:

The best I can come up with for right now is Sam McGurk. He’s not an upgrade in my eyes. Would he be worse? People will differ on that. One thing that was pointed out to me is, we have 8 Championship matches left. You only want a replacement to ride in 7 matches, because that way, they are still on an assessed average at the start of next season. So, if management want to make a replacement, it would make sense after the next Championship fixture, to allow more options for next year, and for a replacement to build form this year.

Realistically, it’s only worth the risk for a rider you want to sign for next year.

Edited by Noelinho
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Noelinho said:

The best I can come up with for right now is Sam McGurk. He’s not an upgrade in my eyes. Would he be worse? People will differ on that. One thing that was pointed out to me is, we have 8 Championship matches left. You only want a replacement to ride in 7 matches, because that way, they are still on an assessed average at the start of next season. So, if management want to make a replacement, it would make sense after the next Championship fixture, to allow more options for next year, and for a replacement to build form this year.

Realistically, it’s only worth the risk for a rider you want to sign for next year.

Ashton Boughen turns 16 in exactly one month....

Would be a bold move to have two 16 year olds in one team, mind.

Edited by Bojangles

2 minutes ago, Bojangles said:

He looked pretty impressive in the under 21 final 

1 hour ago, Bojangles said:

Would be a bold move to have two 16 year olds in one team, mind.

Particularly that close to the end of the season. I think you’re writing off the playoffs if you change at that point.

36 minutes ago, hobnob said:

Blimey i thought this was a Cheetahs page but Poole invade yet again

Used to be the same on the old Oxford Cheetahs forum.

• Sad 1

57 minutes ago, hobnob said:

Blimey i thought this was a Cheetahs page but Poole invade yet again

It's a forum, everyone is welcome on everyone's page 

• Like 1

On 7/20/2023 at 10:52 AM, BackInTheDHSS said:

A lot of that will be due to the angle of Schlein's crash. I just re-watched it, and he hit the fence at an angle of about 25 degrees. Combined with the force of the accident, which must have been about -1.5g (if impact was around 30mph), the fence was always going to gravitate towards the scene of the impact. Only way around that is to have smaller air fence sections, so that they separate in smaller pieces when hit (not sure how that would impact inflation, though). 

This shows why the air fence moved so much!

• Like 1

Oh poor wee snowflakes going on about grammar & sentences oh bless them wee Shakespeares , they seem to be reading the sentences alright on here or have I missed something ??... as for these wee souls& their replies I said about putting Poole in their place not where they are at currently big difference for the so called Einsteins on here... as for glasgow replacements I'm well aware breum cannot fit for complin I never said he could so read carefully folks ...as for the rest you would get more sense out of a chocolate tea pot than these so called brain boxes ...you see two can play that game 

11 hours ago, Arthur54 said:

He looked pretty impressive in the under 21 final 

Sixteen for Edinburgh at Belle Vue tonight.