British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Neila

Special Comets meeting 29th july

On 7/30/2023 at 12:32 AM, Neila said:

Imo today showed why Mr bickley should not be considered for a comets team place, got an average of 9 points in the league, but struggled to score 5 today, did not look that interested, pulling up twice when at the back, but may have had bike issues, but it was still running 

Even if Bickley scored a maximum, I wouldn't have considered him for the Workington team, they are over the limit, so would take massive surgery to fit him in (unless he replaced Bailey)

On 7/29/2023 at 11:21 PM, WokJoWe said:

Ashton Boughen is an absolute star. He is phenomenal t 15 years old and only been doing speedway for a year or so. Not sure if I heard right but I'm sure he said he's got offers from championship, premiership and polish teams. He won't be in the NDL next season I don't think.

I would be very surprised if Boughen wasn't in the NL next year, despite his immense promise he's still got a sub 7 average, plus at 16 (next year will want to be on the bike as much as possible surely?)

I wondering who was the last rider to leave the NL behind after only one season, would it be Dan Bewley? Jordan Palin?

56 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I would be very surprised if Boughen wasn't in the NL next year, despite his immense promise he's still got a sub 7 average, plus at 16 (next year will want to be on the bike as much as possible surely?)

I wondering who was the last rider to leave the NL behind after only one season, would it be Dan Bewley? Jordan Palin?

Lewis Bridger I’d suspect. 

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

Possibly Palin I'm sure bewley did 16-17 for the Colts also didn't rob Lambert just do 1 season? 

2 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Even if Bickley scored a maximum, I wouldn't have considered him for the Workington team, they are over the limit, so would take massive surgery to fit him in (unless he replaced Bailey)

Bickley has had his chances.Full Stop.

1 hour ago, mc131 said:

Possibly Palin I'm sure bewley did 16-17 for the Colts also didn't rob Lambert just do 1 season? 

Palin rode for the Colts in 2019 and was named in their team for 2020. So the answer is yes and no ;)

Lambert a good call, and Bridger is a useful reminder.

Edited by arnieg
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

He is going up north to be used for a couple of matches to keep his average on 3 to start next season at reserve cram in matches before he gets a proper average!Ofcourse i could be wrong !

38 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

He is going up north to be used for a couple of matches to keep his average on 3 to start next season at reserve cram in matches before he gets a proper average!Ofcourse i could be wrong !

Lots on the Glasgow page are suggesting he'll go there, I'm not sure though, would be be strengthening them? I don't see them dropping Pijper & would they sign him for a 3.61 rider leaving them very inexperienced at reserve?

He's most needed at Edinburgh to replace Wood imo

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

Lots on the Glasgow page are suggesting he'll go there, I'm not sure though, would be be strengthening them? I don't see them dropping Pijper & would they sign him for a 3.61 rider leaving them very inexperienced at reserve?

Cami knickers would drop ace in a shot,then tell anyone ashton loves the track and the fans thats why he's here .

7 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Think £££s will be dangled for the 15 year old, only one club can do that in the north , unless that big club down south dangles the cash and the beachside living 

1 hour ago, Neila said:

Think £££s will be dangled for the 15 year old, only one club can do that in the north , unless that big club down south dangles the cash and the beachside living 

Think at this stage in his career he should be playing the long game and not just be going for the biggest monetary offer. Things like logistics, practice facilities will be important, and the right choices now may yield a more rewarding longer term return.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

13 minutes ago, arnieg said:

Think at this stage in his career he should be playing the long game and not just be going for the biggest monetary offer. Things like logistics, practice facilities will be important, and the right choices now may yield a more rewarding longer term return.

Assuming we still have the same 3 league structure next season, I can see him wanting to ride in all three leagues. 

And again assuming the Rising Star system works the same as this year with the worst team having first choice, then first pick would likely go to his hometown club King's Lynn.  (although I'm getting the impression he would rather go to Belle Vue or Leicester than King's Lynn).

Championship (unless Glasgow try to throw money at him and turn his head) I reckon he'll go to Oxford where he has links with Peter Shroeck. 

National League would then be able to double up with either his Championship or Premiership club at either Oxford, Belle Vue or Leicester.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, RoundTheBoards said:

And again assuming the Rising Star system works the same as this year with the worst team having first choice, then first pick would likely go to his hometown club King's Lynn.  (although I'm getting the impression he would rather go to Belle Vue or Leicester than King's Lynn).

I've seen a few people mention this, but I don't think that's the rule, otherwise Brennan wouldn't have been left for Belle Vue in his second season. Personally think it's a bit early for him to be a RS & assuming there's 3 league double up in Champ & NL.

Maybe at Workington (if they step up) seems to like the track!

Edited by szkocjasid

17 hours ago, Neila said:

Oxford has the cash and Peter Shroeck used to (if not still does) mentor him. Just not sure how he fits into the team, though, as they seem heavily invested in Luke Killeen.

They also can't offer him the practice opportunities of some other clubs. That's one of the main reasons he chose Leicester over Oxford in the NDL this season I believe.

Edited by Bojangles

1 hour ago, Bojangles said:

Oxford has the cash and Peter Shroeck used to (if not still does) mentor him. Just not sure how he fits into the team, though, as they seem heavily invested in Luke Killeen.

They also can't offer him the practice opportunities of some other clubs. That's one of the main reasons he chose Leicester over Oxford in the NDL this season I believe.

Mayb next season he won't be as concerned about the practice options, he will be racing most days no doubt Poland aswel u24

Edited by mc131