British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
4BM

Sheffield v Belle Vue 20th July

Should be a close one, for Sheffield a lot will depend on what they get from Kerr’s R/R rides as Blodorn has shown he can be score points around Owlerton , expect good battles between Holder/ Musielak and Bewley/Kurtz when they line up together. Pickering and Ellis will need to be on their game to get the better of Wright and Lidsey.  Battle of the reserves should be good, Howarth is a good vein of form and Brennan looks fast when he gets out front, think Gilkes should have the beating of Bailey especially with it being his first there.  I’ll go for a sneaky home win 47-43

Close home win i reckon.

Blodorn goes well at Owlerton so could make things very interesting. Connor Bailey will probably take to Owlerton well too.

Bad news Tigers fans - am planning on going now so xpect a home defeat if previous attendance records are anyhting to go by!

Looking foward to it tho - should be some good racing, Belle Vue fans last time I went (v Leicester) there were some horrendous roadworks by the stadium which can / will cause a 15-20 minute delays so be a bit earlier.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, 4BM said:

Should be a close one, for Sheffield a lot will depend on what they get from Kerr’s R/R rides as Blodorn has shown he can be score points around Owlerton , expect good battles between Holder/ Musielak and Bewley/Kurtz when they line up together. Pickering and Ellis will need to be on their game to get the better of Wright and Lidsey.  Battle of the reserves should be good, Howarth is a good vein of form and Brennan looks fast when he gets out front, think Gilkes should have the beating of Bailey especially with it being his first there.  I’ll go for a sneaky home win 47-43

Pickering and 3 rides for Howarth can cover for Kerr with Howarth especially been doing lot better round Owlerton than Kerr was. 

Sheffield by 10 to 12 points I reckon. 

• Like 1

Sold out of programmes!! 

This might be an unpopular opinion but would it be fair to say that Bewley has been a little disappointing in an Aces racesuit this year bearing in mind his accomplishments in the GP's and Extraliga/Elitserien?

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

This might be an unpopular opinion but would it be fair to say that Bewley has been a little disappointing in an Aces racesuit this year bearing in mind his accomplishments in the GP's and Extraliga/Elitserien?

Fair comment I would say...

Been quite poor to be honest overall when you put his head to head record up against the other GP riders..

Heat One performances are particularly poor, both home and away, running far too many 3rds and lasts..

Always seems to put a "special" in at the NSS at least once a meeting though so always worth watching...

And with the Aces a shoe in for the play offs a few bad nights won't do his average any harm for next year....;)

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Seen him twice in the last 2 weeks - 4 at Ipswich last week - wins the GP and then 3+2 and looked anything but a GP winner tonight! the track wasn’t helping as it was slick later on. The best passing was early on. 

anyway the jinx is well at truly over - Sheffield deserved it as their big guns turned up in heat 13 and Josh Pickering and Kyle secured the win in heat 14!

Half decent from Ellis, when he gates, but for Dorniers benefit he can say he took the scalp of a GP winner tonight!! 

Enjoyed that, some decent racing and a close score line meaning it could go either way until close to the end. Main difference seemed to be that our GP rider turned up and Belle Vue’s didn’t. 

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Definitely, and the fact he performing elsewhere must mean its machinery/mechanics related in UK. 

Every so often he has decent ride but just looked slow this year for Belle Vue. 

My prediction was 50-40 before the meeting so was spot on, but disappointing the way it finished after leading most of the meeting. 

he's, saving himself for the world cup next week, i hope:shock:

21 minutes ago, DazS said:

he's, saving himself for the world cup next week, i hope:shock:

Or is he just not taking our league seriously?

• Like 2