British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
4BM

Sheffield v Belle Vue 20th July

1 minute ago, RS50 said:

Or is he just not taking our league seriously?

Or maybe waiting still to be paid

30 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Definitely, and the fact he performing elsewhere must mean its machinery/mechanics related in UK. 

Every so often he has decent ride but just looked slow this year for Belle Vue. 

As a staunch and biased Aces supporter, this really is quite balanced and honest.:o

2 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

This might be an unpopular opinion but would it be fair to say that Bewley has been a little disappointing in an Aces racesuit this year bearing in mind his accomplishments in the GP's and Extraliga/Elitserien?

British speedway is not as easy as some would have us believe. Track and conditions vary a lot. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

British speedway is not as easy as some would have us believe. Track and conditions vary a lot. 

Robert Lambert seemed to manage okay.

As does Emil for Ipswich.

3 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

This might be an unpopular opinion but would it be fair to say that Bewley has been a little disappointing in an Aces racesuit this year bearing in mind his accomplishments in the GP's and Extraliga/Elitserien?

I'm actually surprised I haven't read more about Bewley's poor scoring. I don't think anyone would have expected his average to drop. Maybe because Belle Vue are top of the league, no-one is much concerned about him. Truth be told it only really matters that he's on song come the play-offs.

• Like 1

Easy to see where the meeting was won and lost, Holder and Musielak 1 point dropped each. 

good to see a big crowd was talking to a lad who’s only started coming this year he loves it 

• Like 1

Good meeting with some top racing. All the Sheffield riders played their part in the victory. Belle vue taking the early lead made it very interesting throughout the meeting but the big guns did their jobs in the latter stages. Good to see some new fans near us saying they had enjoyed the meeting and were coming back next week 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Totally agree he has been disappointing in an Aces jacket considering his form in Poland and the GP,s, i would be surpised if he rode over here next season, i just get the feeling he regrets returning, Max is doing a better job for Leicester. Brady has been our best rider for the past couple of seasons.

9 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

I'm actually surprised I haven't read more about Bewley's poor scoring. I don't think anyone would have expected his average to drop. Maybe because Belle Vue are top of the league, no-one is much concerned about him. Truth be told it only really matters that he's on song come the play-offs.

It also hasn't been too long in real terms since he "burst on to the scene", so taking on three leagues now, and the GP's, GB team etc will ve being done whikst still in the "learning curve" part of his career...

Maybe the UK was seen as the easier of the three leagues and the focus he gives Poland and the GP's/GB, isn't quite the same? 

Not many riders deliver consistent performance across all leagues and formats, and those that have, have  generally done iit when well established at the highest level for a good few years, eg Doyle, Adams, Hancock..

Let's be honest, Dan won't be under anything like the pressure to perform like he would be in Poland, so I can understand him being a little off the level we would expect over here...

Anyone know what caused the 'bust up' between Wright and Brennan in the pits at the end of the meeting? They rode together in heat 14, but I didn't see anything happen on track that would have caused bad feeling between them. Apparently Wright had to be held back as he was very animated and aggressive towards Brennan who looked pretty upset by it all.

These 2 have been at it all season and clearly don’t like each other.

Not sure what started it but was told by someone in the pits that Brennan ended it by saying to Wright that from now on when they ride in the same race they ain’t Belle Vue team mates but r riding as individuals against each other!!!!

Not good for team morale that!!! Lemon needs to bang their heads together b4 the play offs!!!! 

38 minutes ago, bellevueace said:

Totally agree he has been disappointing in an Aces jacket considering his form in Poland and the GP,s, i would be surpised if he rode over here next season, i just get the feeling he regrets returning, Max is doing a better job for Leicester. Brady has been our best rider for the past couple of seasons.

Your best rider last night was Lidsey who hasnt ridden in the UK for a while before this year? It was only a stinker of a gate (off 3) that saw him last in heat 15 in my view

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Steve55 said:

Anyone know what caused the 'bust up' between Wright and Brennan in the pits at the end of the meeting? They rode together in heat 14, but I didn't see anything happen on track that would have caused bad feeling between them. Apparently Wright had to be held back as he was very animated and aggressive towards Brennan who looked pretty upset by it all.

This is also what happened at Foxhall which again seemed unwarranted, didn't see it - I actually walked right past Wright as I made my way out from the 3/4 th bend area - he seemed fine!

Both were beaten in ht 14 for a 1-5 which resulted in the meeting being lost so maybe related to that - IDK! The race seemed fairly uneventfull really

Edited by GeneralMelchett

26 minutes ago, Steve55 said:

18 minutes ago, Bradford Ace said:

Not sure what started it but was told by someone in the pits that Brennan ended it by saying to Wright that from now on when they ride in the same race they ain’t Belle Vue team mates but r riding as individuals against each other!!!!

Not good for team morale that!!! Lemon needs to bang their heads together b4 the play offs!!!! 

From various comments I've read throughout the season it seems Wright is causing all the aggro. Seems very unprofessional of both to not ride like "teammates" & if true I can't believe Mark Lemon has let it get this far!

If Madsen can almost get put into the stands by Zmarzlik, but smile with him afterwards & Vaculik can get clouted by Lindgren but accept his apology, why can't team mates grow up a little & behave like professionals?

Edited by szkocjasid

14 hours ago, Bradford Ace said:

If things are really bad why not move Brennan back to number 2 (forgot he was back at reserve). Although that to me seems like a failure of Lemon to get the best out of riders as manager? I just can't imagine Middlo or Pete Adams allowing something like this to go on at their clubs?

Perhaps going a bit over the top here, but if their personal issues are more important than the team (choosing not to ride as teammates) should they (or the guilty party) be getting dropped?

Edited by szkocjasid