British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
4BM

Sheffield v Belle Vue 20th July

Brennan was in Wrights face in the pits at end of Ht14 with a bit of finger wagging too, then his Mrs old man got involved (Cummings from Ohlins shocks) it all looked a bit like spoilt child not getting his way so called on the muscle.  Lemon just needs to have a word with them both as doesn’t look good for the club especially when all can see in the pits at Sheffield. Clear the air session and hopefully all good between them both 

As for Bewley I think he’s in same boat as a Ellis, best kit on the continent and just use what they have left over here, comment from a few in the pits last night was Bewleys kit looked like ‘a bag of spanner’s’ nothing a mechanic can do if he’s been given the bottom of the barrel to work with

• Like 1

Wright often looks like he is on the edge of a strop and that he could start an argument in an empty room......

32 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Wright often looks like he is on the edge of a strop and that he could start an argument in an empty room......

I do like Charles...:D

• Like 4

2 hours ago, 4BM said:

Brennan was in Wrights face in the pits at end of Ht14 with a bit of finger wagging too, then his Mrs old man got involved (Cummings from Ohlins shocks) it all looked a bit like spoilt child not getting his way so called on the muscle.  Lemon just needs to have a word with them both as doesn’t look good for the club especially when all can see in the pits at Sheffield. Clear the air session and hopefully all good between them both 

As for Bewley I think he’s in same boat as a Ellis, best kit on the continent and just use what they have left over here, comment from a few in the pits last night was Bewleys kit looked like ‘a bag of spanner’s’ nothing a mechanic can do if he’s been given the bottom of the barrel to work with

It’s not a question of “best” kit on the continent. It’s “different “ kit over there. The tracks / surfaces / sizes  are completely different to the UK.  If they brought their Polish/ Danish / Swedish bikes over, they wouldn’t work. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jonny the spud said:

It’s not a question of “best” kit on the continent. It’s “different “ kit over there. The tracks / surfaces / sizes  are completely different to the UK.  If they brought their Polish/ Danish / Swedish bikes over, they wouldn’t work. 

Yet Bewley must have brought a bike from Europe over with him for last years British Final, that bike worked 

lets see how he does in this years British Final, with his English bike

3 hours ago, Jonny the spud said:

In that case what do all the top boys who do not ride over here ride in the S O N  when held at the N S S .Do they all have a British track rocket ship set up for whenever they might ride in Britain. Also what did Lambert ride at short notice at the end of last season for Belle vue, whatever it was it seemed to be set up for a British track and was rather quick.If he can do it at the end of a season Why after more than half the season is Bewley still struggling to find a bike that works on a British track He has scored double figures 4 times from 10 meetings at the N S S Lambert scored 2 x 15 point maximums in his 2 meetings there.Not having a go at anyone would just like to understand why so many top riders can come over for a one off meeting and do very well whilst your lad and Dan have struggled in a good few meetings this season.Plus what is Emil riding first time over here for years and he is killing it.

Edited by B.V 72
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

If things are really bad why not move Brennan back to number 2. Although that to me seems like a failure of Lemon to get the best out of riders as manager? I just can't imagine Middlo or Pete Adams allowing something like this to go on at their clubs?

Perhaps going a bit over the top here, but if their personal issues are more important than the team (choosing not to ride as teammates) should they (or the guilty party) be getting dropped?

Brennan is 6th in averages so has to ride at reserve! (although will probably move up again in August)

5 hours ago, B.V 72 said:

In that case what do all the top boys who do not ride over here ride in the S O N  when held at the N S S .Do they all have a British track rocket ship set up for whenever they might ride in Britain. Also what did Lambert ride at short notice at the end of last season for Belle vue, whatever it was it seemed to be set up for a British track and was rather quick.If he can do it at the end of a season Why after more than half the season is Bewley still struggling to find a bike that works on a British track He has scored double figures 4 times from 10 meetings at the N S S Lambert scored 2 x 15 point maximums in his 2 meetings there.Not having a go at anyone would just like to understand why so many top riders can come over for a one off meeting and do very well whilst your lad and Dan have struggled in a good few meetings this season.Plus what is Emil riding first time over here for years and he is killing it.

Nothing to do with his equipment, just getting beat. 

I still cant see why, other than his face doesn't fit, as to why brennan is picked ahead of wright to represent GB

3 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

I still cant see why, other than his face doesn't fit, as to why brennan is picked ahead of wright to represent GB

Do they have to include someone under a certain age?

31 minutes ago, RS50 said:

Do they have to include someone under a certain age?

Nope, can name 10 riders of any age in the squad and same with the final 5,  no rule in place to have an u21 in the team 

37 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

It might be to do with what Team GB ask then to do during the year pre this sort of event that has an impact on who gets picked 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rob B said:

Brennan is 6th in averages so has to ride at reserve! (although will probably move up again in August)

Just reading about them not riding together & forgot the team positions. The manager could still easily avoid putting them out together, but a good manager would get them on the same page!

2 hours ago, SPEEDY69 said:

It's because he's got experience riding for GB abroad in multiple competitions in recent years. That being said, I still can't understand why Wright & Lawson weren't named in a 10 man squad?

On 7/20/2023 at 8:58 PM, Bagpuss said:

This might be an unpopular opinion but would it be fair to say that Bewley has been a little disappointing in an Aces racesuit this year bearing in mind his accomplishments in the GP's and Extraliga/Elitserien?

Dan is currently 5th in the league on green sheets. Above him are riders like Fricke who I can’t see a current GB rider out performing on the UK circuits. It’s no shame to be eclipsed by riders such as this, Dan needs to keep doing what he’s doing to help the Aces into the playoffs and then it’s all to play for. 

• Like 1