British Speedway Forum
screm

Berwick v Edinburgh Championship 22.07.2023@7pm

6 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

Isn’t it just the same punishment as a tape touch? So 15m or a reserve is the option. 

What? Even after a second warning? A reserve replacement I can understand, but allowing the rider back on 15 meters???! otherwise whats the point of official warnings??

Edited by Skidder1

Thing with Craig Cook moving at the starts, did he really need to do it, seems to me he was quick enough to win races with the moving.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

What? Even after a second warning? A reserve replacement I can understand, but allowing the rider back on 15 meters???! otherwise whats the point of official warnings??

I’m only telling you the rule, not defending it. Personally I would let anyone who doesn’t touch the tapes go unless they’ve rolled. If riders want to gamble and duck as the tapes go up then good luck to them I say. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, screm said:

Thing with Craig Cook moving at the starts, did he really need to do it, seems to me he was quick enough to win races with the moving.

He’s always been guilty of it. Don’t see that changing any time soon. 

5 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

I can understand how you feel but rules are rules and under normal circumstances it is damn nigh impossible to do anything off 15m at Berwick.

Really tough for young Leon but that’s speedway. Certainly shut Dick B up ✔️

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Apologies if this has already been covered, but just catching up on BSN.

How is it  Craig Cook got a heat 15 d/q as well as a second warning and was still allowed to restart on 15 meters?

As it turned out it wouldn't necessarily have affected the final result - just interested.........

It’s either the ruling, or the Ref got it wrong.Answers on the back of fag packet please.!!

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

I’m only telling you the rule, not defending it. Personally I would let anyone who doesn’t touch the tapes go unless they’ve rolled. If riders want to gamble and duck as the tapes go up then good luck to them I say. 

I agree.But these days be could be there all night with re-runs.

20 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

It’s either the ruling, or the Ref got it wrong.Answers on the back of fag packet please.!!

So many rules these days seem just to be whether the referee wants to enforce them or not... there are lot of new refs around these days and you have to wonder whether they're on top of the rule book and/or whether they get assessed once they've "passed" their induction phase

14 hours ago, crescent girl said:

Not me, boss!

Thing is with these multi usernames on the Berwick threads is that is doesn't take a genius to work out what is going on, and if those who use them for their own entertainment are connected to the club it shows the club in a poor light, especially when attacking a clubs supporter. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, BackstaightBandit said:

Couldn’t agree more, fantastic meeting and just a shame the result didn’t go our way. Some Bandits “fans” may not agree but then again what will they complain about if we were unfortunate enough to be in the position of Newcastle, Eastbourne or so many other fan bases.

It was Good meeting.Chip on the shoulder regarding rest of your Post.IMO.This is Speedway Forum not the “ Dirt Extra”.which has gone quiet recently.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

It was Good meeting.Chip on the shoulder regarding rest of your Post.IMO.This is Speedway Forum not the “ Dirt Extra”.which has gone quiet recently.

Something we can all be grateful for.:D

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Apologies if this has already been covered, but just catching up on BSN.

How is it  Craig Cook got a heat 15 d/q as well as a second warning and was still allowed to restart on 15 meters?

As it turned out it wouldn't necessarily have affected the final result - just interested.........

Just double checked, page 103 of the rule book, I tried to copy the text and paste but can't on my phone and can't be bothered pulling out the laptop, 

But yes second warning results in exclusion and can put reserve in or take the "handicap"(off 15m)

Jason Edwards had already done 7 heats so only other option would've been Wood.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

The rule is crystal clear a rider receiving a second warning can go off 15m or be replaced by a reserve 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, iainb said:

So many rules these days seem just to be whether the referee wants to enforce them or not... there are lot of new refs around these days and you have to wonder whether they're on top of the rule book and/or whether they get assessed once they've "passed" their induction phase

It all depends on who is training them, they all seem to interpret rules their own way and the trainer passes on their bad habits. It totally pi55es me off when some refs let jumping go but others pull it back then don't consistently follow it through for the rest of the meeting.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Normski said:

65.7, 66.4, 66.2, 65.7, 66.5, 67.2, 66.1, 66.6, 67, 67, 66.5, 67.5, 67.2, 68, 68,

Brilliant. Thank you very much.