British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gasser90

Pboro vs kings Lynn

3 minutes ago, chrismorton said:

It's as dry as anything today..they could have easily got the track sorted..absolute farce just like this whole season...#Buster out

Depends on where you are I suppose.Showers are hit or miss as we all know.I got soaked this morning,while other places I went seemed dry,although still big puddles about.Nearly 24hrs of rainfall yesterday or did that bypass Peterborough?

1 minute ago, chrismorton said:

It's as dry as anything today..they could have easily got the track sorted..absolute farce just like this whole season...#Buster out

What a shambles it’s another nail in KL and PB coffin and more serious damage to speedway. Chapman has zero credibility and is treating fans like imbeciles! Fans should absolutely no support for him and see the clown out.

7 minutes ago, chrismorton said:

It rained hard practically all day yesterday, more later today and overnight and a shocking weather forecast for Monday.

I would guess the racetrack is a quagmire.

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Depends on where you are I suppose.Showers are hit or miss as we all know.I got soaked this morning,while other places I went seemed dry,although still big puddles about.Nearly 24hrs of rainfall yesterday or did that bypass Peterborough?

It chucked it down all day and was still raining at 10pm last night

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

It rained hard practically all day yesterday, more later today and overnight and a shocking weather forecast for Monday.

I would guess the racetrack is a quagmire.

In years gone by it would have been savable but these are different times with different mentality. The grassed areas will be like a bog so where was the parking for this. Also, the increased activity & traffic of Eurosport tomorrow would be more than problematic looking at the forecast so I'd have to say that they've called this right.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

In years gone by it would have been savable but these are different times with different mentality. The grassed areas will be like a bog so where was the parking for this. Also, the increased activity & traffic of Eurosport tomorrow would be more than problematic looking at the forecast so I'd have to say that they've called this right.

In years gone by we had a racetrack that didn’t contain a significant amount of clay, unfortunately that isn’t the case now.

• Like 3

I am not surprised the meeting is off following the rain all day yesterday. Even if the track was managed to be salvaged there would be nowhere to park as the hard standing area of parking at the Showground is being currently used for vehicle parking and maintenance for an as yet unapproved retrospective planning application venture and furthermore the Showground custodians haven’t bothered to cut the grass in the surrounding fields (where people would normally park) for weeks and in places the grass and weeds are about three foot high and obviously now hold a lot of water. It has the look and feel of an area that is being deliberately run into the ground. I have made my observations to our local councillor.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Mick Bratley said:

I am not surprised the meeting is off following the rain all day yesterday. Even if the track was managed to be salvaged there would be nowhere to park as the hard standing area of parking at the Showground is being currently used for vehicle parking and maintenance for an as yet unapproved retrospective planning application venture and furthermore the Showground custodians haven’t bothered to cut the grass in the surrounding fields (where people would normally park) for weeks and in places the grass and weeds are about three foot high and obviously now hold a lot of water. It has the look and feel of an area that is being deliberately run into the ground. I have made my observations to our local councillor.

Said the same a few months ago. The place is increasingly looking like run down dump (Classic developers tactics as Kevin Bridges would say). When ST holders complained about parking in the main car park my mate was told by CJ that the new intention was to park them next to the riders gate on the grassed area that used to be a regular car park. However, that needed significant work to return it to a parking area fit for supporters but who was going to do that? AEPG wouldn't be interested and I couldn't see the club doing it. It's a difficult one but I don't know where we go with that? You'll know more than most about our excellent working relationship with the EoES administrators. Does the stadium rental include parking provision for spectators? If so, can they be pulled up on H&S grounds for providing an unsafe parking area?

Edited by Crump99

3 hours ago, Mick Bratley said:

Do you or anyone else know who is using the hard standing to park their vehicles ?

Edited by Bald Bloke

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, JoeW436 said:

What a joke 

I’ll retract this regarding the meeting, it’s hammering down in Peterborough. However the overall situation at both clubs remains a joke.

22 minutes ago, JoeW436 said:

I’ll retract this regarding the meeting, it’s hammering down in Peterborough. However the overall situation at both clubs remains a joke.

About time someone had the decency to take back a negative comment when the facts emerge, hopefully you've set an example for the other consistently negative posters to follow, we'll done.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, JoeW436 said:

Fair play, I doubt we will see the "others" doing so. 

Edited by Bald Bloke

2 hours ago, JoeW436 said:

Without doubt the correct decision, especially for a TV meeting

44 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

Without doubt the correct decision, especially for a TV meeting

Why especially for a TV meeting? Surely the same criteria should apply whether it's on TV or not