British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bojangles

Oxford vs Kent - NDL - 08/08

8 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Doesn't matter as the match is now postponed, but that couldn't have been Kent's riding order as Morley has to be at number 1 & Woolley can't ride at reserve. Mind you after Kent raced in the wrong riding order at Leicester (refs fault) perhaps they've found a new rule in the rulebook allowing you to ride in alphabetical order lol!

Ha, yeah, should take what official sites state with a pinch of salt. Oxford's website also spelt its own rider's name wrong throughout their preview (Garrod).

On 7/27/2023 at 10:31 AM, lucifer sam said:

Those in glass houses, Mr. Trigger!  At least Oxford take sensible options in trying to get meetings on - none which end up with the fire brigade being called!

As for yesterday, there was no rain at all until 5pm and the heavy rain didn't come until after 6pm.  You can't call a meeting off simply on the strength of the forecast alone, when we all know how unreliable British weather forecasts are, especially at this time of year when the weather is so changeable.  Had it been belting down with rain all day, and also been forecast to rain in the evening, I'm sure they would have been an earlier call-off, as there was Oxford v Swindon right at the start of the season which was called off in the morning, but that wasn't the case.

Oxford have got on at least two meetings (Cheetahs v Poole and Chargers v Leicester) when some internet "weather experts" said otherwise, and supporters know that Oxford will always put on every effort to put the meeting on. Last night didn't work out, while in other instances it has.

On 8/2/2023 at 10:09 PM, lewy said:

Another shocking decision, late call off against scunthorpe in the championship tonight :nono:

As I said, Mr Trigger, those in glass houses.  Today, Oxford called off nice and early, while Plymouth called off around 45 minutes past the start-time when arguably it could have been called off much earlier in the day.   But it's a nightmare situation for every club at the moment - such a difficult situation for all promoters. 

Edited by lucifer sam

30 minutes ago, lucifer sam said:

As I said, Mr Trigger, those in glass houses.  Today, Oxford called off nice and early, while Plymouth called off around 45 minutes past the start-time when arguably it could have been called off much earlier in the day.   But it's a nightmare situation for every club at the moment - such a difficult situation for all promoters. 

Rory schlien take a bow.

13 hours ago, lewy said:

Rory schlien take a bow.

Nice try, but even Ben Barker admitted on BSF that there were riders on both sides who wanted it off, while Lee Kilby who was in the changing rooms when the decision was made described it as "95%". 

Face it, Plymouth made a very, very late call-off yesterday when the track was much too soft to allow racing and had been like that for some time. Greg Blair called out the "efforts" of the Plymouth promotion (or rather lack of them) on BSN. And no sign of an apology on the Plymouth website either or how they intend to refund customers. 

Edited by lucifer sam

22 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Doesn't matter as the match is now postponed, but that couldn't have been Kent's riding order as Morley has to be at number 1 & Woolley can't ride at reserve. Mind you after Kent raced in the wrong riding order at Leicester (refs fault) perhaps they've found a new rule in the rulebook allowing you to ride in alphabetical order lol!

Kent would have lined-up as follows:

1. Ben Morley

2. Rhys Naylor R/R

3. Matt Marson (G)

4. Tom Woolley (C)

5. Nathan Ablitt

6. Ashton Vale

7. Connor King

There was no Number 8 (aka Additional Rider) as far as I'm aware.

TBH and its not a dig at any team at any level, but if you use R/R you should have to name a number 8.

Even if its an opposition second halfer

No number 8 named you go with one or maybe even no riders in a race.

It's been in the rules for donkeys years 

12 hours ago, Triple.H. said:

TBH and its not a dig at any team at any level, but if you use R/R you should have to name a number 8.

Even if its an opposition second halfer

No number 8 named you go with one or maybe even no riders in a race.

It's been in the rules for donkeys years 

Problem is getting a rider to turn up and stand around all evening mid week with low chances of getting a ride. Likely booking time off work, travel, late nights etc. 

Yes if there is an organised second half then grab a no.8 (and Kent likely would have in that situation) but otherwise it can take a lot to persuade riders for little/no return. 

The other option is to limit/restrict the number of times RR can be used per team and give the vacant slot to an unattached guest so that rider actually gets some laps. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Silver Cheetah Snr said:

Has anyone received their refund from this match. Not even received an E-mail to say that refund being processed.

Nope, not a thing. The email I got at the time (Aug 8) seemed to hint that the ticket would be transferred to the rearranged fixture (again).

”Further details for ticket holders concerning a rearranged date will be confirmed as soon as possible”

Probably need to contact them if you want a refund. 

8 hours ago, Bojangles said:

Nope, not a thing. The email I got at the time (Aug 8) seemed to hint that the ticket would be transferred to the rearranged fixture (again).

”Further details for ticket holders concerning a rearranged date will be confirmed as soon as possible”

Probably need to contact them if you want a refund. 

Totally unaccceptable in my opinion. The fact that you have to book online only adds to the nonsense.

• Like 2

I contacted the club regarding a refund and within 30mins was advised that there was no refund made because I had not requested one, but now that I had asked for it then it would be processed.  Money was back in my account on the next working day.  

When the original meeting was called off and the new date announced. I messaged an old boy who I occasionally get tickets for as he's unable too. He said he couldn't make the restaging date so I replied to the email the club had sent requesting a refund. Got the refund in a couple of days.

I feel far too many are quick to criticise all the ticketing arrangements. 

Got my refund  quickly too. It did say in the email I got you had to request a refund if not the tickets would roll over to the rearranged fixture.