British Speedway Forum

56 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

As for BSN I've had the season pass at early bird price and generally enjoyed the coverage. If I was to be overly picky -as many are with Eurosport - I would prefer some different ' booth presenters' who are less 'shouty'! (Sometimes you just get the urge to shove a pie in their mouth!!):rofl:

Bowen’s brilliant! Leave him alone!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Noelinho said:

Must be a regional accent thing (or possibly a bit of northern bias?), as I like Greg Blair, Adam and Hayley

Ian and Jason are professionals too.

Edited by Skidder1

31 minutes ago, lewy said:

Have do agree, the whole production comes tumbling down with roynon on commentary, he stumbles over basic command of the English language. Enjoyed Ben Barker much more.

I think all the riders commentating have been excellent, some stand outs

Greg Blair, him and Ian together are hilarious

Ben Barker, like the Energiser Bunny

Jacob Hook, good solid commentary

Dan Gilkes, again solid

Ian Brennan is top notch commentator,

but the difference between Eurosport and BSN,firstly I think BSN has better camera angles, the helmet Cam for Eurosport can take a running F, sole commentary can't keep up with the pace of the heats and that's when Kelvin Stumbles, the booth Insite is far superior on BSN.

This year I was 50/50 on getting the early bird price and decided against it, but luckily got the half season package which has been worth every penny.

I think this year it's shone brighter than it did in 2022. I just hope they're managing to run it at a profit so that it continue for many many years to come.

4 minutes ago, Cast1rn said:

Dan Gilkes, again solid

but the difference between Eurosport and BSN,firstly I think BSN has better camera angles, the helmet Cam for Eurosport can take a running F, sole commentary can't keep up with the pace of the heats and that's when Kelvin Stumbles, the booth Insite is far superior on BSN.

This year I was 50/50 on getting the early bird price and decided against it, but luckily got the half season package which has been worth every penny.

I think this year it's shone brighter than it did in 2022. I just hope they're managing to run it at a profit so that it continue for many many years to come.

It was stated at the Brandon Stadium inquiry this week that BSN took 55%, with 45% to the clubs/BSPL

• Thanks 1

Be interesting to know just how many subscribers BSN had this season. Matt said it as in its infancy and was doing well. How to increase the subscriber base is tricky. Where to advertise to get signups is limited. There are probably more speedway fans unaware of BSN  than know about it, and in these harsh Tory economic times funds are tight for many families. 

On top of that is piracy which is a bane for many sports networks. Finding a way to eliminate accounts that are shared is not easy.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

56 minutes ago, Cast1rn said:

Dan Gilkes, again solid

Rory Schlein came over very well.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Rory Schlein came over very well.

Only if its not wet!

• Haha 1

How much was an early bird purchase for the Championship?

Also, once purchased on an account, can it be live streamed on multiple devices at the same time? For example, could I watch a meeting and 50 miles away, could my dad also watch using my log-in?

12 minutes ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

How much was an early bird purchase for the Championship?

Also, once purchased on an account, can it be live streamed on multiple devices at the same time? For example, could I watch a meeting and 50 miles away, could my dad also watch using my log-in?

It was about £125 for CL preseason.

Separate accounts for each login.

You can have a house full to watch your stream but if you're Dad can't squeeze in he'll need another login to watch from the shed.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

Taken from BSN website: 

Can I watch on more than one device?

You can access your account on many devices but can only watch live on one device at any one time.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Noelinho said:

It's all about opinions - mine happens to differ with yours.

I could put up with Hayley in the BSN Booth  if she didn't keep looking at the camera and nodding when her interviewee is talking/answering her questions. Please just face the camera when addressing the viewers.

As for commentating on the meetings, anyone who is knowledgeable is acceptable by me (except Gary Havelock).

• Like 1

I said it last year and I will say it again this year - the BSN early bird season pass is the best value for money of anything I have bought this year.

Bought it for both leagues this year - fantastic value! And, looking at it another way - the total cost of the early bird pass for both leagues was roughly half what it cost to go to Cardiff for the GP this year - including fuel, hotels and admission, programme etc. - that puts the whole thing into perspective as to what really is value for money - around 50 nights entertainment for half the cost of one night's entertainment.

Really enjoyed BSN's coverage this year and the informal nature of it is great - a few bits of banter, a few laughs, and it's made by speedway people for speedway people so it almost feels like you're watching it with your mates! Roll on 2024.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Triple.H. said:

It was about £125 for CL preseason.

Separate accounts for each login.

You can have a house full to watch your stream but if you're Dad can't squeeze in he'll need another login to watch from the shed.

13 hours ago, kitten2502 said:

Taken from BSN website: 

Can I watch on more than one device?

You can access your account on many devices but can only watch live on one device at any one time.

Thanks both.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Only if its not wet!

He had a brolly