British Speedway Forum
eide67

Edinburgh v Berwick Championship Friday 28th July at 7pm

5 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Another unlucky night .Decent guests though.

Just as well 

• Like 1

Kye excellent obviously, Cook looked interested and both backed up well by Josh. We'll not be troubling any of the prizes this year obviously but with Kye riding like that we should match teams at home assuming we get a solid guest for Lasse.

The two guests were obviously the main men for the Bandits. Also thought Steve Boxall was worth every bit of his 5+3 and looked very fast and stylish in both meetings.

Shout out to the lads who did both meetings as they must be knackered!

Bandits very unlucky tonight. Boxall and Pearson brilliant but we just didn’t win enough races to challenge Edinburgh - always going to be difficult against Cookie and Picko. 

Normal service resumed for Jye Etheridge tonight, and as much as I wish TJ a very speedy recovery, I hope it’s the last we see of him at Berwick - got to go down as one of the worst ever signings after dropping 3pts on his average in just 3.5months. 

Onto Redcar at the fortress now and a massive match in our quest for that final playoff spot!

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, BanditsFan said:

Bandits very unlucky tonight. Boxall and Pearson brilliant but we just didn’t win enough races to challenge Edinburgh - always going to be difficult against Cookie and Picko. 

Normal service resumed for Jye Etheridge tonight, and as much as I wish TJ a very speedy recovery, I hope it’s the last we see of him at Berwick - got to go down as one of the worst ever signings after dropping 3pts on his average in just 3.5months. 

Onto Redcar at the fortress now and a massive match in our quest for that final playoff spot!

A fortress when we've lost twice as many matches than we won ?Quest for the playoffs you're having a laugh don't know if it still mathematically possible but being realistic we've got no chance and that's before Redcar beat us tonight.

8 hours ago, crescent girl said:

Thanks to Ryanair!

If he fancies missing another one I’m sure Steve will show him up around Berwick as well, Boxall putting in the paid 8 last night embarrasses the Berwick team. Jye and Leon partnership once again letting us down. Best wishes to TJ on what was a heavy landing, but he won’t be a miss tonight.

1 hour ago, Bandit59 said:

A fortress when we've lost twice as many matches than we won ?Quest for the playoffs you're having a laugh don't know if it still mathematically possible but being realistic we've got no chance and that's before Redcar beat us tonight.

I was assuming the "fortress" comment was a joke? No-one is mathematically out of the running as 6th place team Edinburgh only have 7 league points. I'd also say no-one is realistically out of the running as the bottom 4 clubs have lost repeatedly at home. Anyone who wins their remaining home fixtures stands a chance.

4 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I was assuming the "fortress" comment was a joke? No-one is mathematically out of the running as 6th place team Edinburgh only have 7 league points. I'd also say no-one is realistically out of the running as the bottom 4 clubs have lost repeatedly at home. Anyone who wins their remaining home fixtures stands a chance.

Some Berwick fans can’t grasp sarcasm

8 hours ago, BanditsFan said:

Stay on the positive side.

ps

Add in in Thompson for last night,beaten by a 3 man Team.!!

Edited by Fromafar

8 hours ago, BanditsFan said:

Its a double edged sword, if you let Jorgensen go another club will benefit from his now realistic average however if you keep him he could be just as p1sh as this year.

Berwick need a real clear out, Leon needs to be refreshed at another team, Knudsen hasn't shown what he promised last year and Etheridge is Dany Gappmaier in disguise. Hopefully there is a plan B for 2024.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, crescent girl said:

Thanks to Ryanair!

That’s the trouble when you leave it too luck on the day.His replacement probably scored more than he would have though.

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

Berwicks remaining home fixtures Redcar,Poole, Birmingham, Glasgow can't see many if any points there.

13 hours ago, JanAndersen said:

Not sure he really knows what’s going on tbh. Ht12 it seemed like he was the only person at the track who didn’t understand what was happening 

Not the case.  Word from the pits was that it was to be 3 riders only, hence reason Clerk of the Course went to tapes to get Wood to leave the tapes after he suddenly appeared on track.  The Edinburgh Team Manager had sent him out it appears without speaking to the CoC.  Referee can only work on information passed to the box.  

Edited by edmon
spelling

42 minutes ago, edmon said:

Not the case.  Word from the pits was that it was to be 3 riders only, hence reason Clerk of the Course went to tapes to get Wood to leave the tapes after he suddenly appeared on track.  The Edinburgh Team Manager had sent him out it appears without speaking to the CoC.  Referee can only work on information passed to the box.  

Well somewhere between the C of the C and the ref. they screwed up. 

1 hour ago, MD said:

Its a double edged sword, if you let Jorgensen go another club will benefit from his now realistic average however if you keep him he could be just as p1sh as this year.

Berwick need a real clear out, Leon needs to be refreshed at another team, Knudsen hasn't shown what he promised last year and Etheridge is Dany Gappmaier in disguise. Hopefully there is a plan B for 2024.

That’s an insult to Dany Gapp.

• Like 1