British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ScunnyDan

Scunny v Birmingham x3 - 28.07.2023

So now the Aussies are in the SWC race off on Friday so will it be a squad meeting or will riders be released. Australia used Fricke, J Holder, Doyle, Lidsey & C Holder was an un-used no5 so in order I would think Masters before Douglas so Dougy should be available on Friday.

We will probably still go r/r but having the chances to use either of the Cook brothers before, I would go with 1 of them again.

41 minutes ago, Robinh88 said:

Crazy given how poor Morris had been..

It will need much more than 1 guest for the Brummies to get something out of this, but tell me do you like to see decent opposition or prefer to see weak opponents ?, our old saying was happiness is 40-38, usually not much fun watching 60-30 week in week out.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, heathen52 said:

It will need much more than 1 guest for the Brummies to get something out of this, but tell me do you like to see decent opposition or prefer to see weak opponents ?, our old saying was happiness is 40-38, usually not much fun watching 60-30 week in week out.

Totally agree!

I’m sure Morris is at the enquiry with the speedway hierarchy today , will be an interesting meeting I’m sure and a 2 yr ban possibly 

36 minutes ago, Tosh1218 said:

I’m sure Morris is at the enquiry with the speedway hierarchy today , will be an interesting meeting I’m sure and a 2 yr ban possibly 

It's been delayed at the request of Morris and his lawyers

SCUNTHORPE: Ryan Douglas, Drew Kemp, Simon Lambert, Zach Cook, Jake Allen, Nathan Ablitt, Connor Mountain.

BIRMINGHAM: Richard Lawson, Stefan Nielsen, Troy Batchelor, Paul Starke, Justin Sedgmen, Sam Hagon, Alfie Bowtell.

4 hours ago, StephenMiller said:

It's been delayed at the request of Morris and his lawyers

Rescheduled for Weds 16th August.  Suspension remains in place until at least then. Brummies continue to have a facility!

3 hours ago, Brummies_Ste said:

SCUNTHORPE: Ryan Douglas, Drew Kemp, Simon Lambert, Zach Cook, Jake Allen, Nathan Ablitt, Connor Mountain.

BIRMINGHAM: Richard Lawson, Stefan Nielsen, Troy Batchelor, Paul Starke, Justin Sedgmen, Sam Hagon, Alfie Bowtell.

Pleased we have gone with a guest and a decent one as well, as we need to get a big win and then go to Perry Barr and get the minimum of the bonus point  to keep going up the table

ps does any one know when Tofty is due back ??

14 hours ago, Tosh1218 said:

Pleased we have gone with a guest and a decent one as well, as we need to get a big win and then go to Perry Barr and get the minimum of the bonus point  to keep going up the table

ps does any one know when Tofty is due back ??

Just read on KL v Peterboro' thread that the announcer had said MPT suffering mentally, physically & financially. Unsure whether he would ride again this year & with only 4 days until transfer deadline.

Anyone else feel like Birmingham could spring a surprise tonight…. Lawson, Nielson, Sedgmen all go well at Scunny! Bowtell a trump card at reserve! Not sure how Batchelor has gone before but if he's half decent then i think Birmingham could push Scunny a lot closer than people think 

56 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

Anyone else feel like Birmingham could spring a surprise tonight…. 

No - but I'd love to be proved wrong :D

Edited by kitten2502
streamlined quoted post

I am watching the SWC at 6 then switching to this meeting. Is is possible in BSN to join it live and rewind to start, or do I have to wait for meeting to finish before starting it?