British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bojangles

Redcar Bears vs Oxford Cheetahs - Champ - 28/7

2 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Everything is just made upon the hoof as they go along in Speedway.Nothing is a surprise nowadays.

13 minutes ago, iainb said:

While I agree wholeheartedly with the sentiments of your post, technically he's withholding his services as I assume was Hans Andersen last night, which last year at least carried a 28 day ban

I think there is a facility for this kind of thing. Scott was allowed to miss a meeting when Penny was born and didn’t get a ban (other riders have also done this) I guess as you say he could be seen as withholding his services however, it would not look good if they forced him to race in the circumstances.

The Lynn meeting was a joke Andersen did not ride as he “missed his plane”, Laguta apparently injured his wrist at the weekend although I can’t see that he crashed plus he scored 13 points. But at the same time in the  original schedule there weren’t meetings planned for this week due to the SWC racing, but with the backlog of fixtures the powers that be changed this. Which is why Sam Masters had other arrangements for this week, and there is no talk of a ban for him.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Debbi said:

I think there is a facility for this kind of thing. Scott was allowed to miss a meeting when Penny was born and didn’t get a ban (other riders have also done this) I guess as you say he could be seen as withholding his services however, it would not look good if they forced him to race in the circumstances.

The Lynn meeting was a joke Andersen did not ride as he “missed his plane”, Laguta apparently injured his wrist at the weekend although I can’t see that he crashed plus he scored 13 points. But at the same time in the  original schedule there weren’t meetings planned for this week due to the SWC racing, but with the backlog of fixtures the powers that be changed this. Which is why Sam Masters had other arrangements for this week, and there is no talk of a ban for him.

I hope you're right with the Nicholls thing, apparently the Hans thing was genuine as he sent a picture of the traffic jam he was in that made him miss the plane to his ex-manager over here, Laguta... hmm. Wouldn't Masters have been classed to have been on international duty?

1 hour ago, iainb said:

I hope you're right with the Nicholls thing, apparently the Hans thing was genuine as he sent a picture of the traffic jam he was in that made him miss the plane to his ex-manager over here, Laguta... hmm. Wouldn't Masters have been classed to have been on international duty?

I don’t think Sam was named in the squad, otherwise he wouldn’t have arranged to be elsewhere or as someone else said he was given permission to be away.

Edited by Debbi

It's more laughable each & every time it happens. Hans in a traffic jam.... I'm in a traffic jam most mornings on the M25 i could take a picture at 07:00 & send it at 14:00 but what does it prove? Laguta with a wrist injury.... How? is there a record? it will be interesting to know if Scott will be at SWC for the play off tonight.. Lets wait & see

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Technik said:

It's more laughable each & every time it happens. Hans in a traffic jam.... I'm in a traffic jam most mornings on the M25 i could take a picture at 07:00 & send it at 14:00 but what does it prove? Laguta with a wrist injury.... How? is there a record? it will be interesting to know if Scott will be at SWC for the play off tonight.. Lets wait & see

I would be extremely surprised if Scott will be anywhere near Poland tomorrow, that’s not his priority at the moment and will probably be the very last thing on his mind.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, iainb said:

This from 1 hour ago:

https://twitter.com/OxfordSpeedway/status/1684829479829413888?s=20

I thought Scott was in Poland anyway for the SWC? Was nice to see a rider putting his club ahead of other activities for a change though, shame it wasn't meant to be, obviously family comes first.

So did I but he wasn't on the box for the two semi-finals. Has tweeted about the race off though. 

It’s so easy to see conspiracy theories where there aren’t any. As the statement says he is missing due to family circumstances. As and when these are known is up to Scott, all I ask is that in the meantime people remember to be kind.

15 minutes ago, Debbi said:

It’s so easy to see conspiracy theories where there aren’t any. As the statement says he is missing due to family circumstances. As and when these are known is up to Scott, all I ask is that in the meantime people remember to be kind.

I think there are conspiracy theories as so many riders miss matches for all kinds of reasons. So when a rider is legitimately injured / unavailable, many assume there are shenanigans going on behind the scenes?

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 1

Updates site still looking for someone to text them the results

Kinsley has been around a long time now, not improving & time to call it quits in my view, can't be good getting beat all the time. Maybe he can get better? 

Congrats to Redcar good meeting correct result stream commentator very good makes Tatum and co look quite amateurish

• Like 1

Great result considering we had only 2 heat leaders , young Harrison was excellent 

A good all round performance with everybody chipping in. Especially pleased for young Luke Harrison, it seems the time Danny spent with him after last weeks meeting has paid dividends. Once again some great racing on a very well prepared track.

Edited by redlead