British Speedway Forum
JanAndersen

Danish Grand Prix - Vojens - 16th Sep

I appreciate the frustration at Zmarzlik’s disqualification from the meeting, but these rules are set in FIM contracts which the riders adhere to; Zmarzlik has no-one to blame, but himself.

I’m assuming it’s sponsor-related. Any external investment in speedway is welcome and appreciated, so riders cannot pick and choose what they wear when it comes to advertising.

• Like 4

The problem is the rules have boxed in the organisers. There is no flexibility. Wear the wrong Kevlars, equals a €600 Fine and disqualification from the GP. There is no other option. Draconian but no option for a slapped wrist.

• Like 3

Morris was going to fine him 500 euros the other week for not standing in line,can u see olsen standing for the ban back in the day!

8 minutes ago, JoeW436 said:

Agreed, that crossed my mind as well.

A world where Freddie Lindgren is potentially world champion, give me strength.

From what I read Freddie was one of the riders who protested the disqualification. 

2 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

The problem is the rules have boxed in the organisers. There is no flexibility. Wear the wrong Kevlars, equals a €600 Fine and disqualification from the GP. There is no other option. Draconian but no option for a slapped wrist.

It would probably be better if it said "up to disqualification", like the other rules do. But the rule is there and this is the first time this has ever happened so they must know about it.

• Like 1

Hopefully some PZM repercussions from this. 99% of speedway meetings that are worth attending/watching take place in Polish stadiums. See how the series gets on with no Poles or Polish tracks.

Sponsors have paid a small fortune to have their name plastered on the riders kevlars, especially the Infinate Reality splashed front and center. For the WC to not have this but his own sponsor is a major breach of the rules. More I think about it, I can understand why he has been punished. Won’t make a mistake like that again. 

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 8

1 minute ago, geoff100 said:

Morris was going to fine him 500 euros the other week for not standing in line,can u see olsen standing for the ban back in the day!

Ludde Lindgren had been pointing this out for months on Twitter - went quiet then Phil mentioned the fine

1 minute ago, Grachan said:

It would probably be better if it said "up to disqualification", like the other rules do. But the rule is there and this is the first time this has ever happened so they must know about it.

I have a feeling that Bartosz may have pushed these sort of things before.
Remember Phil Morris threatening him with a 500E fine for not behaving correctly at the Semi gate choices just a few weeks ago.

7 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Where are you getting the rule from?

i wonder if all were wearing correct socks., point being if it was in the contract would any rider say i cant agree to that. basically turning them into puppets now dance.