British Speedway Forum
JanAndersen

Danish Grand Prix - Vojens - 16th Sep

1 minute ago, DazS said:

you dont find it strange he rides with all the right gear in all the other GPs then on this occasion he rides with something else. knowing he could could be thrown out. I'm not having it. 

I do find it strange, but that’s directed at Bartosz Zmarzlik and only him.

As I’ve said, perhaps it’s intentional with a view to setting-up a title win, but that’s very risky and significantly insulting to the fans.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DazS said:

you dont find it strange he rides with all the right gear in all the other GPs then on this occasion he rides with something else. knowing he could could be thrown out. I'm not having it. 

I think you'll probably find that, with this being speedway, the riders were never briefed on it which is why the others all seemed to sympathise with his plight.

Scrutineering will have to include full inspection of riding equipment going forwards to prevent a repeat.

3 minutes ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

I do find it strange, but that’s directed at Bartosz Zmarzlik and only him.

As I’ve said, perhaps it’s intentional with a view to setting-up a title win, but that’s very risky and significantly insulting to the fans.

i think they know the fans dont mind being insulted.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don’t think a speedway rider, given their ability to remember to display their sleeve sponsors, branded water bottle or logo cap at the mere sight of a camera, require reminding of their contractual obligations.

Edited by TheWellBehavedWorrall
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

I think it's more likely he's received a massive bung from Orlen rather than him wanting to win it in front of a half full Torun... if it was a deliberate action

• Like 2

1 minute ago, iainb said:

I think it's more likely he's received a massive bung from Orlen rather than him wanting to win it in front of a half full Torun... if it was a deliberate action

Yeah, I did add in a later post that it would be significantly risky to do that.

2 minutes ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

I don’t think a speedway rider, given their ability to display their sleeve sponsors, branded water bottle or logo cap at the mere sight of a camera, require reminding of their contractual obligations.

i understand that but at what point is it more important than the racing, well you got your answer tonight.

Just now, DazS said:

i understand that but at what point is it more important than the racing, well you got your answer tonight.

At what point is the commercial aspect more important than racing? It’s never been more important; without it, there is no racing.

Regardless of that, though, should we just go rogue and ignore contracts? 

10 minutes ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

At what point is the commercial aspect more important than racing? It’s never been more important; without it, there is no racing.

Regardless of that, though, should we just go rogue and ignore contracts? 

no your right if its in the contract just do it. ! i wonder what else we dont know about is in the contracts? 

As I said, it's the same in most sports today. In darts, for example, the players must agree to ALL the terms of the contracts, INCLUDING DISPLAYING THE MAIN SPONSOR(S) LOGOS. If not, they don't play. Like it or not, that's the way sports and sports contracts are these days. It was mentioned earlier how Zmarzlik was recently threatened with a fine for not standing in the correct position. It's the same with darts, and players can be fined for walking back from the board on the wrong side. Yes, ALL players are made aware of this stuff, so you can be sure that ALL GP riders know what they need to do.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, iainb said:

Great to see a Dane win the Danish GP, its quite a rare occurrence. Good job from Fred did what he needed to do when he needed to do it... But

That has to have been the weakest GP field in the history of the event... EVER!

My take on Bartekgate... rules is rules but I don't like to see sporting penalties for non sporting infringements

Did look that way. Part of the reason is the reserves are no longer the next best riders in line from the qualifiers, but riders from weaker nations with no GP riders.

For that reason even if Kolodziej (or Kubera) had finished 4th in the GP qualifiers and 2nd in the SEC & was the highest averaged non GP rider in the Extraliga, he still wouldn't get a reserve slot!

8 hours ago, r8gdp said:

Zmarzlik lets the fans down rubbish a stupid silly rule if it was that important someone would have had a word with him straight away not wait just before the meeting starts . He ll ride tomorrow in Poland where he earns more money a fine would have been enough.The fan s who turned up today short changed . Micky mouse speedway again shoots itself in the foot.

Are you sure he earns more money riding Polish Ekstraliga? With prize money plus individual sponsorships - which are strictly limited in the Polish Ekstraliga - BK earns in excess of £50k for a GP win.

By the way, I’m told that none of the usual FIM top brass, including Armando Castagna, were present last night. Strange when the world championship would probably have been decided had the champion-elect not been excluded from the meeting.

• Thanks 1

So the FIM have excluded Emil Sayfutdinov, Artem Laguta and now Bartosz Zmarzlik from world championship events... very soon they will be scratching around for sponsors, when they're fielding a SGP2 field

• Like 1

Certainly the Commentators and Media are not putting their head above the parapet on this one,watching their backsides in case their jobs are at risk maybe.No opinions apart from “ in the rules”

• Like 2

Ok so just to be cynical here. What if he did it on purpose because he was fully expecting to win the title last night?

Then every photo on the Polish websites and newspapers would show him with his sponsor displayed front and centre. 

And from an FIM point of view of the only punishment was financial - even say they increased it to €10,000. Then what would stop the sponsor paying the fine for him - because that kind of exposure would be well worth the money to them…

Edited by Pepper
  • Like 3