British Speedway Forum
Skidder1

POOLE V EDINBURGH, WEDS 2ND AUGUST;

21 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Only if I say it every week. First time is fine :t:

Your condition, not saying it repeatedly.

Edited by tyretrax

1 hour ago, weatherman said:

Not surprised

Such a shame when waking up to bright sunshine and a stiff breeze.

Very frustrating weather. One of the worst summers on record. Might be some slight improvement by the middle of August.

Same every season trying to cram the fixtures in and extending cut of date,and all the previous weeks when the sun was shining clubs having no fixtures for weeks on end.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Such a shame when waking up to bright sunshine and a stiff breeze.

Edit required there skids

• Haha 1

NEW DATE SET FOR MONARCHS TO VISIT 

2/08/23 

Following the early postponement of tonight's SGB Cab Direct Championship fixture between Poole 'Wessex Marine' Pirates and the Edinburgh Stellar Monarchs, a new date has been agreed, with the meeting now to take place on Sunday 20th August at 5pm.

Announcing the off-night race day, Poole promoter Dan Ford said, "We are keen to ensure that we complete our fixtures as efficiently as possible, especially as we have a cup final to fit in and of course remain well positioned for the play-offs and so have moved to an off-night rather than drift into September with outstanding league fixtures. Hopefully being a late Sunday afternoon meeting then we can attract a good crowd for what is quite possibly going to be a key fixture as we battle for top spot in the table. I would like to place on record my sincere thanks to the Edinburgh management who have worked alongside us in getting this fixture re-scheduled and our landlords who have co-operated with us in agreeing this new date."

Edited by daz9100

4 minutes ago, daz9100 said:

NEW DATE SET FOR MONARCHS TO VISIT 

2/08/23 

Following the early postponement of tonight's SGB Cab Direct Championship fixture between Poole 'Wessex Marine' Pirates and the Edinburgh Stellar Monarchs, a new date has been agreed, with the meeting now to take place on Sunday 20th August at 5pm.

Announcing the off-night race day, Poole promoter Dan Ford said, "We are keen to ensure that we complete our fixtures as efficiently as possible, especially as we have a cup final to fit in and of course remain well positioned for the play-offs and so have moved to an off-night rather than drift into September with outstanding league fixtures. Hopefully being a late Sunday afternoon meeting then we can attract a good crowd for what is quite possibly going to be a key fixture as we battle for top spot in the table. I would like to place on record my sincere thanks to the Edinburgh management who have worked alongside us in getting this fixture re-scheduled and our landlords who have co-operated with us in agreeing this new date."

Wish some other Promotions would utilise off night.

Well I was kinda expecting a September date tbf. So nice surprise. Well done to both promotions for doing this. Hopefully the weather is better by then! 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Well I was kinda expecting a September date tbf. So nice surprise. Well done to both promotions for doing this. Hopefully the weather is better by then! 

Well done to Poole Stadium in getting enough staff in on a Sunday!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Well done to Poole Stadium in getting enough staff in on a Sunday!!

Prob easier to do in August with all the students back home wanting to earn before Uni starts again! 

Having just watched the Edinburgh Vs Poole preview show. We now have this tomorrow night! Spoilt for choice :D

• Like 1