British Speedway Forum
Bojangles

Oxford vs Scunthorpe - Champ - 2/8

Luke Killeen back in the team in place of Ryan Kinsley, plus Lewis Kerr and Scott Nicholls also return. Rider replacement for Michael Palm Toft. At the moment it looks like the weather is going to win, though, with heavy rain forecast from the middle of the night. Won't mention the extra £2 for booking tickets on the day in case I upset some people!

Oxford Cheetahs: 1. Sam Masters, 2. Henry Atkins, 3. Lewis Kerr, 4. Jordan Jenkins, 5. Scott Nicholls, 6. Cameron Heeps, 7. Luke Killeen.

Scunthorpe Scorpions: 1. Ryan Douglas, 2. Connor Mountain, 3. Simon Lambert, 4. R/R, 5. Jake Allen, 6. Nathan Ablitt, 7. Drew Kemp.

Edited by Bojangles
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Have Oxford got a roof over the track ???

Lol. At least this time they are going to keep fans updated on SM if needed. Forecast in Oxford doesn't look too bad on met office. They might get away with it. Although I think the BBC have thunderstorms nearer to them. 

Scratch that! Met office has thunderstorms in the afternoon. Dry when meeting takes place though. Maybe they are trying to wait it out and hope thunderstorms don't hit. 

Edited by lisa-colette

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Lol. At least this time they are going to keep fans updated on SM if needed. Forecast in Oxford doesn't look too bad on met office. They might get away with it. Although I think the BBC have thunderstorms nearer to them. 

Scratch that! Met office has thunderstorms in the afternoon. Dry when meeting takes place though. Maybe they are trying to wait it out and hope thunderstorms don't hit. 

It appears we missed out on Luke Killeen now Lisa!!

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

How can Poole have missed out on luke killeen. ? When fit he was always going  back in the Oxford team. 

• Like 2

Will it be on or will it be off? I live 4 miles from the track and suspect it will be cancelled. It was dry up until 20 minutes ago and is now raining.

Shame because I am really enjoying the racing at Cowley since the speedway opened for business again. It is clear that Jamie Courtenay puts his heart and soul into track preparation and you can see the riders trust the track. It is a fantastic atmosphere, ‘racing out of the top drawer’ and the best speedway in the Championship, ‘no question about that!’

Unfortunately, now raining very heavily.

I was planning on venturing up to Cowley this evening but I seem to have lost my cagoule.

Does anyone know if they sell waterproof jackets at the track shop?

Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

How did you work that one out! was always coming back to Oxford!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, mel said:

Just a little bit of fun! It has been said before we need to consider him in place of Adam. Personally I would rather keep Roynon, I am sure he will come good at the business end of the season.

Edited by foreverblue
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Just a little bit of fun! It has been said before we need to consider him in place of Adam. Personally I would rather keep Roynon, I am sure he will come good at the business end of the season.

Ya but which season? Lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, foreverblue said:

1 hour ago, SSL84 said:

How can Poole have missed out on luke killeen. ? When fit he was always going  back in the Oxford team. 

1 hour ago, mel said:

Because @lewy said we should try and sign him in place of Adam lol. I did question he already had a team place! 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Because @lewy said we should try and sign him in place of Adam lol. I did question he already had a team place! 

Why is it always the same person!!

Starting to look like this fixture might go ahead, perhaps? Most of the rain looks like it's passed, and Oxford haven't announced it's been postponed. A lot of standing water about, though.

27 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Why is it always the same person!!

Never too much going on down Plymouth way!!:rofl::t:

4 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Never too much going on down Plymouth way!!:rofl::t:

Coming from Poole fans that are all over this thread for no apparent reason! Don’t see Plymouth fans doing it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1