British Speedway Forum
Bojangles

Oxford vs Scunthorpe - Champ - 2/8

4 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Because @lewy said we should try and sign him in place of Adam lol. I did question he already had a team place! 

I only suggested it as an option, I didn't know he would go back into the Oxford line up!

• Like 1

Complete Sh*t show from Oxford Speedway 

194 miles in van from Hull , hotel room for the night.Went and bought ticket from the Oxford promoter at 4 pm and asked is it on , his reply it will definately go ahead  , so for £22 pounds I watched two tractors drive round the track for 40 minutes , not one rider from any side got changed  or warmed a bike up  . There’s no wonder fans are getting disgruntled   2 weeks running for Oxfords fans 

ps treat paying supporters with a bit of respect and stop taking the piss out of them  

why chance it call it off like the two other Wednesday tracks 

Rant Over

• Like 9
  • Sad 1

Massive own goal again by the Oxford promotion, they have a hatrick of treating the supporters like rubbishe now.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lewy said:

Massive own goal again by the Oxford promotion, they have a hatrick of treating the supporters like rubbishe now.

Lewy why are you saying the things you're saying when you're own team and others have done similar things but you don't knock them? 

39 minutes ago, SSL84 said:

Lewy why are you saying the things you're saying when you're own team and others have done similar things but you don't knock them? 

The Plymouth promotion regularly call off early, never got it wrong 3 times in a season. 

When I arrived at 7pm it was clear the track was in a poor condition and 40 minutes later it was called off.

Having seen the track at close quarters I don’t think there was ever any realistic chance of seeing any Speedway tonight given the earlier rain today. 

The return of Speedway to Oxford has by and large been a great success and one to celebrate but these questionable decisions to chance it to the last moment do a lot of damage to the club and undoubtedly will drive fans away. 

Edited by WembleyLion
  • Like 3

59 minutes ago, WembleyLion said:

When I arrived at 7pm it was clear the track was in a poor condition and 40 minutes later it was called off.

Having seen the track at close quarters I don’t think there was ever any realistic chance of seeing any Speedway tonight given the earlier rain today. 

The return of Speedway to Oxford has by and large been a great success and one to celebrate but these questionable decisions to chance it to the last moment do a lot of damage to the club and undoubtedly will drive fans away. 

We were at the stadium at 17:00 and there was blue sky and no rain, however when we went into the grandstand at 18:00 it was obvious no bike would be going on track. Jamie as an ex rider should be more aware of what is acceptable or dangerous and be realistic, all other fixtures for today had been cancelled and the Isle of Wight is cancelled for tomorrow. Don’t get me wrong I am glad speedway is back in Oxford but not everybody can afford fuel to get there. Also unfair to other fans and riders who all face the same cost of living issues we have. I will add that as we left the stadium it started raining again!

It would also be helpful to announce the situation before rumours - we heard it had been delayed 5 minutes before it was announced, or you can see that it’s off as none of the riders were changed and we saw them packing their vans 5-10 mins before the announcement.

Edited by Debbi

1 hour ago, Tosh1218 said:

Complete Sh*t show from Oxford Speedway 

194 miles in van from Hull , hotel room for the night.Went and bought ticket from the Oxford promoter at 4 pm and asked is it on , his reply it will definately go ahead  , so for £22 pounds I watched two tractors drive round the track for 40 minutes , not one rider from any side got changed  or warmed a bike up  . There’s no wonder fans are getting disgruntled   2 weeks running for Oxfords fans 

ps treat paying supporters with a bit of respect and stop taking the piss out of them  

why chance it call it off like the two other Wednesday tracks 

Rant Over

Shocking 

34 minutes ago, Debbi said:

We were at the stadium at 17:00 and there was blue sky and no rain, however when we went into the grandstand at 18:00 it was obvious no bike would be going on track. Jamie as an ex rider should be more aware of what is acceptable or dangerous and be realistic, all other fixtures for today had been cancelled and the Isle of Wight is cancelled for tomorrow. Don’t get me wrong I am glad speedway is back in Oxford but not everybody can afford fuel to get there. Also unfair to other fans and riders who all face the same cost of living issues we have. I will add that as we left the stadium it started raining again!

It would also be helpful to announce the situation before rumours - we heard it had been delayed 5 minutes before it was announced, or you can see that it’s off as none of the riders were changed and we saw them packing their vans 5-10 mins before the announcement.

Riders run the show.Fans should know better by now ,Jamie better watch himself at Berwick with Hans in the Team now,I witnessed his antics at Glasgow a couple of seasons ago( no intention of getting the bikes out the van).

Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 1

Dammed if you do and Dammed if you don't, with the amount of rainoffs we've had up and down the country we're going to be looking at October/November Playoffs again.

39 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Riders run the show.Fans should know better by now ,Jamie better watch himself at Berwick with Hans in the Team now,I witnessed his antics at Glasgow a couple of seasons ago( no intention of getting the bikes out the van).

Fair enough rider safety is paramount, what annoys me is that there was absolutely no chance that the track was going to be ready. So why wasn’t it called off earlier, why were we allowed into the stadium, people were buying tickets at the stadium (on phones). Didn’t matter who you were it was obvious the track was in no state for racing. Add to that as I said earlier it started raining at 20:00.

• Like 1

Trouble is with Oxford only being allowed to race Wednesdays and no other day they are kind of forced into o try get every meeting on. 

it’s a catch 22 scenario for them. BUT like all businesses your fans are your business. You have to look after them. And 2 weeks now they haven’t thought of you at all. Which is a shame after such a positive return back to the sport. It can all be undone in 2 weeks though so be interested to see crowd figures on next meeting 

14 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Trouble is with Oxford only being allowed to race Wednesdays and no other day they are kind of forced into o try get every meeting on. 

it’s a catch 22 scenario for them. BUT like all businesses your fans are your business. You have to look after them. And 2 weeks now they haven’t thought of you at all. Which is a shame after such a positive return back to the sport. It can all be undone in 2 weeks though so be interested to see crowd figures on next meeting 

That's not technically true. There are multiple fixtures on a Tuesday and even a couple of a Friday this season. As far as I know, the only race nights that are off limits are the nights that the greyhounds are on.