British Speedway Forum
crescent girl

BERWICK BANDITS v POOLE PIRATES - Saturday, August 5th (7pm)

3 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Berwick lack of Heat winners had the biggest say on the results.6 at home is very poor.

The mug you quoted above is probably correct Knudsen is probably dropping his average for next season but half the team probably are and can you blame them? Shlein will be further south, Berwick were the perfect mugs for TJ to drop about 3 pts off his ave for next year. The rest of the team? Would any other clubs actually want them? I think not personally. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, penchev said:

Biggest disappointment not being able to get Hans to sign the cap for my boy 

Next week then.

• Like 1

Nobody's fault cos its not against the rules & regs but how utterly ridiculous that a rider can guest for a team which his OWN CLUB is battling for top spot with. Farcical. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bellers101 said:

Knudsen seems to be suffering classic 2nd season syndrome.

Think you could count on one hand how many races he has won round Shielfield.Riding in 3 countries most weeks so it not lack of track time which seems to be excuse that’s talked about  a lot at Berwick for their riders.If you can’t remember how to ride you home track your in trouble.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Nobody's fault cos its not against the rules & regs but how utterly ridiculous that a rider can guest for a team which his OWN CLUB is battling for top spot with. Farcical. 

Cant see how it would have changed the result though, the Pirates would have still won, if Roynon had a bad night, Rowe, who is riding well, would have had more rides. Not sure we are battling with Glasgow for top spot either, Oxford look most likely the table toppers.

1 minute ago, foreverblue said:

Cant see how it would have changed the result though, the Pirates would have still won, if Roynon had a bad night, Rowe, who is riding well, would have had more rides. Not sure we are battling with Glasgow for top spot either, Oxford look most likely the table toppers.

Makes no difference, shouldn't be able to happen regardless.

No excuses Poole came and done a job, as usual Lawson and Worrall led from the front + paid 15 from the reserves always a bonus. Berwick were basically a 4 man team with Jonas struggling Boxall plenty effort with little reward and Connor having a rare off night. 

3 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Makes no difference, shouldn't be able to happen regardless.

You say that but if you have a guest rider system then this will always happen, many moan about teams being strengthened by the guest they choose. 

15 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

You say that but if you have a guest rider system then this will always happen, many moan about teams being strengthened by the guest they choose. 

I don't know what the answer is but it's about sporting integrity for me. There must be a better way, particularly when replacing reserves. Plenty of unattached NL riders who could 'guest' for an injured number seven. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Boxall was woeful. Coles slightly worse than Boxall.  Roynon is better than both of those riders. Would have been max points on our northern tour but we now have to go all the way back up there for the Edinburgh points. Probably be a lot harder in the rerun. Next stop Oxford at home then up to Scunthorpe next Friday.

I didn't think Boxall was woeful at all, he wasn't getting out of the starts, which is a killer at Berwick, but tried hard & was on the pace

6 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

I didn't think Boxall was woeful at all, he wasn't getting out of the starts, which is a killer at Berwick, but tried hard & was on the pace

The guys been out of the sport for years and has been racing against NL standard riders on the IOW. He couldn’t have asked for a more difficult home debut. Reports say he looked decent at Edinburgh guesting for Jonas. 
It was great to see the Rockets colours out on track again 

Edited by Shadders
  • Like 1

Another disappointing home display not enough heat winners, basically a 4 man team only positive was Hans,next week is crucial if we want to get into playoffs so they all need to be on it.

7 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

I don't know what the answer is but it's about sporting integrity for me. There must be a better way, particularly when replacing reserves. Plenty of unattached NL riders who could 'guest' for an injured number seven. 

It just suggests that even the promoters themselves don't take it too seriously, hence it is allowed to go on...

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, mikebv said:

It just suggests that even the promoters themselves don't take it too seriously, hence it is allowed to go on...

Complin was going to be there anyway as he was driving Havvy to the meeting. As it was a short notice booking what's better than using a local guest rider!? You can hardly expect someone like Ablitt to travel all the way up from Hastings!!