British Speedway Forum
lisa-colette

Edinburgh Vs Poole 4th August

8 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

And especially as it wasn't his fault that he got injured.

Jacob Hook on BSN pointed out that as Roynon was passing Wood,  he made contact with Wood's front wheel with his dirt deflector, causing Wood to lose control of his bike.

As previously mentioned on here, this was confirmed in a replay of the incident.

Edited by cyclone

7 minutes ago, cyclone said:

Jacob Hook on BSN pointed out that as Roynon was passing Wood,  he made contact with Wood's front wheel with his dirt deflector, causing Wood to lose control of his bike.

As previously mentioned on here, this was confirmed in a replay of the incident.

Any rider with the slightest bit of ability would not have fallen, and certainly not jumped off the back launching his bike at Adam Roynon. It was the slightest of touches and Roynon was completely passed. Wood is a danger to himself and other riders at this level. Shouldn’t be riding Championship speedway.

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Any news of the rearranged date yet?

No Fridays free before cut off date (unless we both don't do the pairs and do it then?!)

Or double header?

Or different race night?

The main thing being that the photographer/cameraman is okay. So if that means we don't get the meeting in before the cut off so be it. It has happened before, especially to KL I have found over the years. 

42 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Any rider with the slightest bit of ability would not have fallen, and certainly not jumped off the back launching his bike at Adam Roynon. It was the slightest of touches and Roynon was completely passed. Wood is a danger to himself and other riders at this level. Shouldn’t be riding Championship speedway.

Would have to agree regarding Wood falling.

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Have to disagree. This is the first time Dayle Wood has crashed or taken anyone off since he moved up to this level. I've seen lots of better riders who have crashed and taken others off this season. Are you saying that Lewis Kerr shouldn't be riding at Championship level after he overcooked the corner and ran straight into the back of Craig Cook three months ago, taking Craig off and launching himself into the air fence at Oxford? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Nickinho said:

Is there any word on the condition of the injured person yet?

It’s on Monarchs Web page

• Thanks 1

Incidentally, in regards to Kye, i also developed a similar type of illness a few months ago, and i ended up in hospital as well. It was in every way just like food poisoning but it lasted 5 days and i couldn't trace it back to anything i ate as i prepare all my food myself and don't eat takeaway slop or open bakery products that half the neighbourhood has touched. Kye's symptoms should clear up soon but the 'mystery illness' is still a mystery to me too. Be careful what you eat everyone.

Edited by Nickinho

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

No Fridays free before cut off date (unless we both don't do the pairs and do it then?!)

Or double header?

Or different race night?

The main thing being that the photographer/cameraman is okay. So if that means we don't get the meeting in before the cut off so be it. It has happened before, especially to KL I have found over the years. 

If that’s the case then Edinburgh forfeit the tie and Poole get the three points. Otherwise through no fault of our own we would miss out on top spot, which would make a mockery of the league section before the playoffs. Poole were going to win big anyway so it’s not like we would be stealing the points. 

As Poole are at Scunthorpe on Friday, why not arrange it for the following night at Edinburgh? 

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

If that’s the case then Edinburgh forfeit the tie and Poole get the three points. Otherwise through no fault of our own we would miss out on top spot, which would make a mockery of the league section before the playoffs. Poole were going to win big anyway so it’s not like we would be stealing the points. 

As Poole are at Scunthorpe on Friday, why not arrange it for the following night at Edinburgh? 

Maybe because it's not all about Poole?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, cinderfella said:

It’s about riding the fixture before the cut off at Armadale so it’s their problem regarding race nights though.

30 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

It’s about riding the fixture before the cut off at Armadale so it’s their problem regarding race nights though.

Just shows what a farce the season has been when just about every team (in both divisions) had spells of several weeks without fixtures.

When you consider Plymouth have not had a home meeting since 20th June you have to wonder if they will be able to complete their season both time wise and with the financial burden double headers etc could bring?

Sooner we go back to one big league with teams able to race on their chosen race night and have weekly meeting the sooner British Speedway may recover.

Edited by cinderfella
Adding info
  • Like 6

29 minutes ago, cinderfella said:

Maybe 50% (or even a bit more) is about Poole, bearing in mind the scores when it was abandoned.

• Confused 1