British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Beowulf

Wolves v Leicester Prem 7th August 2023

7 minutes ago, False dawn said:

Apparently, according to the league tables, Leicester lost. We can't have a fair result i.e. a draw, anymore.

Wolves will be ecstatic. That's 2 home wins in a row that they actually didn't win that they won !

So I take it from that , that it is  possible to win the Premier League without winning a single meeting all season .

Plus you have to love the table ,  you have to be a genius to understand it !

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Fullmax said:

Wolves will be ecstatic. That's 2 home wins in a row that they actually didn't win that they won !

So I take it from that , that it is  possible to win the Premier League without winning a single meeting all season .

I thought I was a genius, and I don't understand it. :P

15 hours ago, Call me wolfie said:

Leicester would have won comfortably with Bomber and Batchelor, Cook was as expected.

If that's what you believe,  fair enough. However, worrall did very well and is a lot better than bomber at Leicester. Cook will improve and get more points than bachelor. But, time will tell. 

17 minutes ago, Fullmax said:

Still easier to understand than the chaos of the last couple of seasons in my opinion. Different points for different margins of away wins, etc. Had more columns than the Pantheon.

Edited by Bojangles
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Fullmax said:

Wolves made hard work of it ....Couple of riders didnt perform...always going to be vunerable  when a coulple of riders dont ride there home track...

2 hours ago, justathought said:

If that's what you believe,  fair enough. However, worrall did very well and is a lot better than bomber at Leicester. Cook will improve and get more points than bachelor. But, time will tell. 

Couldn't comment on Bomber at Leicester as I've never seen him there but at Monmore is a different story and that was my point. If you're thinking Cook will improve you may be be a little disappointed, it's rather sad really to see what he's become.

47 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

Couldn't comment on Bomber at Leicester as I've never seen him there but at Monmore is a different story and that was my point. If you're thinking Cook will improve you may be be a little disappointed, it's rather sad really to see what he's become.

True ...unreliable im afraid to say ...

On 8/7/2023 at 9:50 PM, Fullmax said:

So Wolves win a home   meeting that they weren't good enough to win in 15 heats . What's wrong with a draw . Absolutely pathetic yet again . Didn't they do the same against Peterborough a few weeks ago.. 

On 8/7/2023 at 10:05 PM, lisa-colette said:

Still officially a draw though, they just won the superheat. 

On 8/7/2023 at 10:17 PM, Fullmax said:

How can it officially be a draw if they lost ? I'm confused?

On 8/7/2023 at 10:43 PM, lisa-colette said:

They only lost the superheat not the meeting, they still get a league point for drawing plus also the BP. If you lose a meeting you get zero. 

On 8/8/2023 at 1:53 PM, False dawn said:

Apparently, according to the league tables, Leicester lost. We can't have a fair result i.e. a draw, anymore.

The way the league points work, I would say Wolves won (2 points), whilst Leicester drew (1 point). Plus Leicester got the bonus point. Simple right?

2 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

The way the league points work, I would say Wolves won (2 points), whilst Leicester drew (1 point). Plus Leicester got the bonus point. Simple right?

Yes, both teams got 2 points each, so level then. Like a...... .

.....DRAW!!!!! :D:P

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

Yes, both teams got 2 points each, so level then. Like a...... .

.....DRAW!!!!! :D:P

Only because of the bonus point. In normal circumstances 2 points means a win. So I consider a "winning draw" a win and a "losing draw" a draw. They can't make anything simple sadly

• Like 2

8 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Only because of the bonus point. In normal circumstances 2 points means a win. So I consider a "winning draw" a win and a "losing draw" a draw. They can't make anything simple sadly

at least this win draw was won by actually "winning" a race and not by the virtue of just drawing away from home, like in the past.

It's a tricky one, because every "super heat" I have seen has added real excitement to the climax of a meeting... If it can just be re-branded in some way to keep the pedants happy I think they're onto a winner with this one.

Edited by iainb
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, iainb said:

at least this win draw was won by actually "winning" a race and not by the virtue of just drawing away from home, like in the past.

It's a tricky one, because every "super heat" I have seen has added real excitement to the climax of a meeting... If it can just be re-branded in some way to keep the pedants happy I think they're onto a winner with this one.

Personally I see no issue with draws & think aren't last heat deciders exciting anyway?

But if they want a winner on the night, I'd rather they go whole hog & give 2 points to the superheat winner & 0 to the loser. Just have wins & losses. I don't understand the logic of not wanting draws, but still having draws?

Or even 3 points for a win, 0 for a loss. Then 2/1 in the superheat, means 3 points awarded each match, but a proper win is better than a superheat win?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Personally I see no issue with draws & think aren't last heat deciders exciting anyway?

But if they want a winner on the night, I'd rather they go whole hog & give 2 points to the superheat winner & 0 to the loser. Just have wins & losses. I don't understand the logic of not wanting draws, but still having draws?

Or even 3 points for a win, 0 for a loss. Then 2/1 in the superheat, means 3 points awarded each match, but a proper win is better than a superheat win?

I agree

It's not right that a match going to a superheat generates more points that a 'normal' meeting

On 8/8/2023 at 2:05 PM, Fullmax said:

If you need to be a genius to understand it, just imagine how hard it was to produce a 'user friendly' Spreadsheet for it!:D

Edited by Gambo
  • Haha 1