British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Belle Vue v Sheffield Monday 7th August Live on Eurosport

6 hours ago, eric i said:

Not as good as Scunny imo.

You may have a point there,nss may have all the facilities but for pure entertainment scunny takes some beating

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, SUPERACE said:

Brilliant meeting that, atmosphere was sensational.  If speedway was like that every week it would be full stands. 

I thought it was? I wonder why they don't get bigger crowds, given the population in the area and the fare served up, seems a shame. 

7 hours ago, eric i said:

Not as good as Scunny imo.

And Somerset was comfortably the best

• Like 1

10 hours ago, eric i said:

I find the Belle Vue centre green presenter very irritating.

she just says what she sees as if the crowd are blind, another annoying thing when she interviews riders is how does it feel.:shock:

a really enjoyable meeting. I also enjoy listening to Kelvin and Scott, very interesting and their insight knowledge of the sport is certainly a real bonus.

1 hour ago, SPEEDY69 said:

I thought it was? I wonder why they don't get bigger crowds, given the population in the area and the fare served up, seems a shame. 

I do want to go to the NSS - however for me it would involve going through the snake on a Monday night and hitting the Glossop and traffic as you head up to the M67 - its always a bottleneck and every time i have thought about it i cant face doing it! It theory it is an hour door to door for me but i would have to be out of work sharpish to get there.

What was the crowd? The Grandstand holds 3700 it says - and it was what half full, maybe 60% full? That's approaching 2k people with a decent number down the back straight - so the crowd was 2500 maybe more? In these times thats not too bad an attendance. I the two times i have been the Owlerton this season the crowds have probably been about the same - possibly higher.

There was one or two races that would have been great to see live, particularly heats 13 and 15.

Edited by GeneralMelchett
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, GeneralMelchett said:

I do want to go to the NSS - however for me it would involve going through the snake on a Monday night and hitting the Glossop and traffic as you head up to the M67 - its always a bottleneck and every time i have thought about it i cant face doing it! It theory it is an hour door to door for me but i would have to be out of work sharpish to get there.

What was the crowd? The Grandstand holds 3700 it says - and it was what half full, maybe 60% full? That's approaching 2k people with a decent number down the back straight - so the crowd was 2500 maybe more? In these times thats not too bad an attendance. I the two times i have been the Owlerton this season the crowds have probably been about the same - possibly higher.

There was one or two races that would have been great to see live, particularly heats 13 and 15.

Come along the Stocksbridge by pass and through Holmfirth, Mossley i always go this way never had a traffic problem better than snake and woodhead.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bellevueace said:

Come along the Stocksbridge by pass and through Holmfirth, Mossley i always go this way never had a traffic problem better than snake and woodhead.

I could actually do the chapel route - which involves turning off before the snake and making my way round and coming via Stockport - but i might try that one! Anything that avoids  Mottram - its just a nightmare unless its the middle of the night!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, GeneralMelchett said:

Grandstand holds 1800 and there was 500 tickets left so 1300 in there. 

probably 600+ in south. So I say about 2k there. Maybe slightly over which is good for a TV meeting. 

atmosphere was like a final and Sheffield fans played there part. 

was an ok meeting till the last few races. 

I went home happy and feel like I got value for money and I’d think every fan did to 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Grandstand holds 1800 and there was 500 tickets left so 1300 in there. 

probably 600+ in south. So I say about 2k there. Maybe slightly over which is good for a TV meeting. 

atmosphere was like a final and Sheffield fans played there part. 

was an ok meeting till the last few races. 

I went home happy and feel like I got value for money and I’d think every fan did to 

oh my grandstand assumption is a bit off then as it said 3700 seated on a search.

1 hour ago, GeneralMelchett said:

Grandstand holds 1900 I think..

I would imagjne crowd was around 1400/1500...

Very good for a TV match..

Woffy being there a big pull I would say..

Got both me and my lad there...

9 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Grandstand holds 1900 I think..

I would imagjne crowd was around 1400/1500...

Very good for a TV match..

Woffy being there a big pull I would say..

Got both me and my lad there...

About 2k there, as Phil said 1300 tickets sold in GS and I reckon about 1k in southstand.  Crowd was definitely 2k+. 

• Like 1

Great meeting, was good viewing on TV.

Charles Wright Micro moving at the start yet again. Everybody else can sit still !

Edited by KevtheRev