British Speedway Forum
Cast1rn

Plymouth Vs Berwick 8/8/23 live BSN

5 hours ago, MartinBSN said:

The information did not come to light until 3 minutes before we went on air. At that point there was no official statement, we were simply informed they had been removed on medical grounds.

Once the SCB statement was released we made sure to read it to inform the fans. Anything prior to that is speculation and we are not looking to get into that.

So yes, any other broadcast organisation would have done exactly that, went by the book not rumour.

I think is should be obvious, yes you are aware what is happening but if for any reason you got a name wrong or an implication is made that turn out to be false or an error you would leave yourselves wide open to being sued. Therefore you guys can’t say anything until you receive an official communication of what has happened. For example the BBC has to have a story they are covering confirmed from at least two  sources before they can report something.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Think if your read the Lance Armstrong saga,they were all on drugs then and possibly a lot are still on them now.

I think you will find it is just bananas that keep them doing 35 mph up and down mountains for six hours a day, covering over 200 miles...

Nothing to see here, move along now please...:D

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, bloom89 said:

Has Richie worrall been taking slimming pills haha.

:D

Joking apart, Shane Warne once got banned for taking them due to what is in them..

What an irony that would be....

7 hours ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Seems people on this thread or Richie worrall ( hate campaign gang ) have him guilty already... Let's wait for the results & then yous can judge him but I think it's best yous get on the fence for now 

It wasn't that with Ben Barker 

So a rider with history gets picked out at random,just how sweaty were his bollocks last night? Do these testers turn up at other sports as often??

2 hours ago, Debbi said:

I think is should be obvious, yes you are aware what is happening but if for any reason you got a name wrong or an implication is made that turn out to be false or an error you would leave yourselves wide open to being sued. Therefore you guys can’t say anything until you receive an official communication of what has happened. For example the BBC has to have a story they are covering confirmed from at least two  sources before they can report something.

the BBC :rofl: biggest proper-gander going. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

So a rider with history gets picked out at random,just how sweaty were his bollocks last night? Do these testers turn up at other sports as often??

Yes and they can turn up at an athlete's home or place of work unannounced. 

There was a case a few years ago of a well known international athlete who somehow managed to avoid testers by living with friends and family for months until the anti-doping agency served him with legal papers stating he would be banned until he provided a sample.  Im not sure if the rules have changed but it used to be that you could be tested outwith your sports normal season. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Not another team going to the dogs 

From reading Berwick's various statements I wouldn't be surprised if they are planning to ride at the lower level next season. 

The wording almost SUGGESTS they know there is going to be an amalgation of the PL and CL next season and clubs who may elect not to run in that league would join NDL teams in a lower division. 

I could be way off the mark but its just my interpretation of Berwicks wording

Well done to Joe Thompson replacing his brother. He been mucked about all season and a good move by Poole to include him in the Pirates team. Paid 11 at number 3 last night.

And what progress James Pearson has made since leaving Birmingham!   Berwick also lost the meeting at reserve. 5 points to Plymouth 19! Coles a former Plymouth guy was a miss and Garrod is basically a NL reserve  rider never mind Championship reserve!  Hook was poor too. Kileen was listed for Berwick but not there?

Only saving grace for Berwick they should get 3 points Saturday to leave them second bottom! and cant see Plymouth getting any at Birmingham or Edinburgh? 

2 minutes ago, cinderfella said:

From reading Berwick's various statements I wouldn't be surprised if they are planning to ride at the lower level next season. 

The wording almost SUGGESTS they know there is going to be an amalgation of the PL and CL next season and clubs who may elect not to run in that league would join NDL teams in a lower division. 

I could be way off the mark but its just my interpretation of Berwicks wording

Berwick are getting rid of the Bullets as that is what is losing them money, they are a sustainable championship club. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mikebv said:

I think you will find it is just bananas that keep them doing 35 mph up and down mountains for six hours a day, covering over 200 miles...

Nothing to see here, move along now please...:D

No stage on any grand tour race is 200 miles.You must be thinking of kilometers.Also,drug testing in cycling is more stringent than it has ever been.

8 hours ago, MartinBSN said:

The information did not come to light until 3 minutes before we went on air. At that point there was no official statement, we were simply informed they had been removed on medical grounds.

Once the SCB statement was released we made sure to read it to inform the fans. Anything prior to that is speculation and we are not looking to get into that.

So yes, any other broadcast organisation would have done exactly that, went by the book not rumour.

I did post this before you guys read the statement out. I'm not entirely sure any other broadcast organisation would have just read a statement and then not mentioned it again but that's obviously your prerogative.

Fair play, you did read the statement out and like you say speculation is not something you should be getting into... that's probably left to us on here

Would have been nice to have had a riders perspective on the whole drug testing procedure though, especially from one who had so recently fallen foul of it, that after all was the story of the night. Ben Barker, understandably, may not have wanted to talk about it, but there were many other riders and officials available on the night, maybe they closed ranks, I don't know

1 hour ago, DazS said:

the BBC :rofl: biggest proper-gander going. 

It's always important to take a proper gander, whatever you are doing.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Spittaler said:

Well done to Joe Thompson replacing his brother. He been mucked about all season and a good move by Poole to include him in the Pirates team. Paid 11 at number 3 last night.

And what progress James Pearson has made since leaving Birmingham!   Berwick also lost the meeting at reserve. 5 points to Plymouth 19! Coles a former Plymouth guy was a miss and Garrod is basically a NL reserve  rider never mind Championship reserve!  Hook was poor too. Kileen was listed for Berwick but not there?

Only saving grace for Berwick they should get 3 points Saturday to leave them second bottom! and cant see Plymouth getting any at Birmingham or Edinburgh? 

Same here Well Done to Joe Thompson and James Pearson both young riders with potential,been messed about all season and replaced with riders past their best with Promoters thinking these experienced riders will start upping their average again which happens once in a blue moon.(apt)°

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MartinBSN said:

100% agree.BSN are there to broadcast the match not to get involved and discuss rumours and speculation on such matters.

Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 1