British Speedway Forum
Arch Stanton

Ipswich Vs Kings Lynn August 10th

11 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I suspect there is far more going on behind the scenes than we will ever be privy to. 

That’s my take on the situation.

Roll on 2024 with the Stars/Panthers select team, hopefully with a team manager with some nouse.

13 hours ago, GeneralMelchett said:

Well Laguta is………

the witches are operating a guest for Kevin Long!! 

Who was the presenter last night? Did a top job imo especially considering the long gap that had to be filled

• Like 2

11 hours ago, tellboy said:

He really is awful,i think about 90% of the fans could do a better job.He even said last month they had Lawson lined up to replace Toft in one match.I checked the averages and he couldn't fit anyway as Lawson's average was well too high.He seems a combination of Hawkins and Lemon rolled into one:blink:

Hopefully have Rob Lyon back next season 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TheSpecialOne said:

Who was the presenter last night? Did a top job imo especially considering the long gap that had to be filled

I agree  - no idea however!

21 minutes ago, lynnboy said:

Hoggart is worse than useless so i hope so

23 minutes ago, lynnboy said:

And pencil in Basso too

1 hour ago, lynnboy said:

Would be nice mate.

Glad i didnt go to this .....nobodys fault but a long meeting

Seen the Klindt incident and it was shocking didnt think he was like that

Good to see Erik doing better

Laguta was a disgrace basically ......we are so lucky we have Emil 

9 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Dont you mean Ipswich are so lucky to have Guy Nicholls to ensure Emil is there 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Dont you mean Ipswich are so lucky to have Guy Nicholls to ensure Emil is there 

No

I mean we are lucky to have a world class talent who has been 110% commited....been the best rider in the league and has time for the fans and has been a credit to the club and to the league

Could have had cry baby Nicki or Artem who clearly doesnt want to be here

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Gavan said:

where was this available? be interested in seeing it again - very glad Danny was up and able to resume racing given poor Dans experience in heat 2

37 minutes ago, GeneralMelchett said:

where was this available? be interested in seeing it again - very glad Danny was up and able to resume racing given poor Dans experience in heat 2

Very lucky - that is the most dangerous section at Foxhall imo

After the airfence that section of the wooden panels can be the least forgiving especially if not hit head on 

4 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

I suspect there is far more going on behind the scenes than we will ever be privy to. 

I don't think that at all. He was never a rider to mix it in the GP's either, relied a lot on gating/speed - some might say 'gating tart'. He was trying in his first two races and then again at the start of his third but when they got close, he backed off. 

41 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

I don't think that at all. He was never a rider to mix it in the GP's either, relied a lot on gating/speed - some might say 'gating tart'. He was trying in his first two races and then again at the start of his third but when they got close, he backed off. 

He is very much a gating tart really, but he's like most of the riders who learnt their trade on t big Polish tracks tbf, yeah there's a few exceptions coz there is, but on those big tracks it's just twist t throttle and hang on, not much skill or race craft needed to actually win races.

• Like 1

Thought Basso partly had a point, the riders were certainly bouncing round bend one bit like a roller coaster - pretty sure that contributed to one of Danyon's falls and Laguta's. Rest of the track seems ok though from my vantage point between bends 1/2

Would like see footage from Kings fall, at the time I thought Klindt was hard on him and didn't leave a lot of room, but king could have shut off rather than run out of track exiting bend 2. Or maybe that just the difference of opinion being a stars fan rather than ippo fan!!!