British Speedway Forum
Arch Stanton

Ipswich Vs Kings Lynn August 10th

2 minutes ago, kelvinht said:

Thought Basso partly had a point, the riders were certainly bouncing round bend one bit like a roller coaster - pretty sure that contributed to one of Danyon's falls and Laguta's. Rest of the track seems ok though from my vantage point between bends 1/2

Would like see footage from Kings fall, at the time I thought Klindt was hard on him and didn't leave a lot of room, but king could have shut off rather than run out of track exiting bend 2. Or maybe that just the difference of opinion being a stars fan rather than ippo fan!!!

Couldn't really see from where I was but just a typical Danish manouvre, you always take a risk going around the outside of one of them :D

18 minutes ago, notsojollyroger said:

Any bets on who Ipswich will use to replace Dan Thompson at Wolves next week?

Jason Edwards 

23 minutes ago, StarBoy said:

Jason Edwards 

That would be my bet.Not many rising stars up to the grade at the moment apart from those already used imo.

8 hours ago, TheSpecialOne said:

Who was the presenter last night? Did a top job imo especially considering the long gap that had to be filled

It was Craig Saul 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, kelvinht said:

Thought Basso partly had a point, the riders were certainly bouncing round bend one bit like a roller coaster - pretty sure that contributed to one of Danyon's falls and Laguta's. Rest of the track seems ok though from my vantage point between bends 1/2

Would like see footage from Kings fall, at the time I thought Klindt was hard on him and didn't leave a lot of room, but king could have shut off rather than run out of track exiting bend 2. Or maybe that just the difference of opinion being a stars fan rather than ippo fan!!!

Having stood opposite the exit of the second bend for 30 years now Klindt was 100% over the top on Danny, they were level and Klindt just rode him in the fence left him no racing room whatsoever ever, it’s different if you’re ahead and cut someone’s run off, that’s fair game but when they’re alongside and you just push them into the fence I’m sorry it’s bad form. 

I think it’s fair to say Danny certainly wasn’t expecting that from nicolai either, he’s usually hard but fair, Danny was very unimpressed when he came round to see if he was ok, lucky he wasn’t seriously injured.

It reminded me a bit of the crash that Mark Loram had which finished his career when Simota left Mark with nowhere to go along the back straight, it may of been a few feet further along the back straight but was still a terrible accident.

51 minutes ago, kevin bass said:

It reminded me a bit of the crash that Mark Loram had which finished his career when Simota left Mark with nowhere to go along the back straight, it may of been a few feet further along the back straight but was still a terrible accident.

My uncle said exactly the same thing at the meeting last night, but yes mark further down the straight

I thought the ref made the wrong decision in the King crash!

Klindt was in front so was entitled to choose his racing line, King (fairplay for the effort) was trying to go through a gap that wasn't there! 

• Confused 1

Is there footage of the crash. @Gavan said he’s seen it. Where did you see it 

25 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Is there footage of the crash. @Gavan said he’s seen it. Where did you see it 

He's probably not seen it 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 89buttons said:

My uncle said exactly the same thing at the meeting last night, but yes mark further down the straight

I thought it was almost exactly the same place to be honest

7 hours ago, SPEEDY69 said:

I thought it was almost exactly the same place to be honest

Mark never hit the air fence that’s all, Danny did catch the last two sections of air fence

8 hours ago, 25yearfan said:

I thought the ref made the wrong decision in the King crash!

Klindt was in front so was entitled to choose his racing line, King (fairplay for the effort) was trying to go through a gap that wasn't there! 

He wasn’t in front 

Would be good to see the Klindt/King incident as the two non Ipswich fans who have commented on it have suggested that it might not be the open and shut case we have been led to believe.

Klindt isn't the type of ruder to fence people but also King doesn't tend to go for gaps which aren't there.