British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
4BM

Sheffield v Leicester 10th August

Amazing what one rider can do,  a few years ago Steven Gerrard made his comeback from injury for Liverpool reserves against Wolves reserves at Telford. It was only announced a few hours before kickoff and it was a 6000 sellout. It would normallly have got a few hundred.

Ambulance troubles here at Sheffield too, somebody in the crowd is not well

2 minutes ago, iainb said:

Ambulance troubles here at Sheffield too, somebody in the crowd is not well

Probably a Lions fan!! ;) Hope they are OK.

Looks like we're underway again

send my best wishes to everyone who has been ill. dont want to mis anyone out.

Fair play to Sheffield. Feels to me that play offs are about sorted. Going to be Ipswich that just miss out.

28 minutes ago, DiveBomb said:

Fair play to Sheffield. Feels to me that play offs are about sorted. Going to be Ipswich that just miss out.

Maybe not if Leicester keep this form up

Good meeting. Great home debut for Tai. Quality team riding from Tai too again. I would guess best crowd of season so good night all round for Sheffield   Nice to see Ace giving his all too. Got better as the meeting went on and will benefit from the experience. 

• Like 1

Decent meeting - certainly the best I've witnessed at Owlerton for a while.  Shame the Lions couldn't keep the scores closer. 

Good meeting last night.nice to see some team riding ,Woffy 1st class in holding off Fricke who tried everything to get past ,great riding by both riders .Also Fricke then with Worrell to hold off Ellis .Tobi great race with Lawson .Woffy having a good battle with Worrell .A mention to both Edward’s and young Piper both getting stuck in with Piper not getting the points his efforts deserved.Hope the person who required the medical attention is ok .

• Like 1

Sounds like the effort was there from the Lions, just not the points. Let’s not forget only one team have beaten them at Owlerton this year - Leicester Lions. So don’t be too glum!

• Like 1