British Speedway Forum
Cast1rn

Glasgow Vs Plymouth 10/8 Live on BSN

Fingers crossed the weather stays good, forecast is for rain early morning then to clear up.

Another important meeting with Glasgow wanting to maintain their spot in the league and vital for the Plymouth riders to get some track time together and try and move off the bottoms spot.

Tougher match than Plymouth's league position would have you believe. Howarth had his best meeting at ashfield last year and barker is always exciting and worth a win or 2. Despite Richie's publicised dislike of the current shape was very good in the test match last year. Gilkes was excellent in u21s and dan T penny seemed to drop during that meeting and his form has taken off everywhere since. Reserves look weak though, 53-37ish for me

9 minutes ago, Bendonebunching said:

There will be no Gilkes or Pearson for Plymouth as they are both in the under 21 Son meeting.  Wonder who the guests will be.

Only Berwick, Birmingham and Oxford not riding. Hagon, bowtell and boxall seem to be at scunny, doesn't leave many options! Coles, Starke maybe?

I don’t think it will be starke after he got bombed out earlier in the season, I could be wrong but whoever it is we will struggle the reserve issue could bite us on the bum again.

18 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Only Berwick, Birmingham and Oxford not riding. Hagon, bowtell and boxall seem to be at scunny, doesn't leave many options! Coles, Starke maybe?

Nielsen, Atkins? Shame Hook is injured, he could have had a lot of guest bookings the last week or so! 

If difficult could just use r/r for Gilkes.

Edited by lisa-colette

1 hour ago, Cast1rn said:

Fingers crossed the weather stays good, forecast is for rain early morning then to clear up.

Another important meeting with Glasgow wanting to maintain their spot in the league and vital for the Plymouth riders to get some track time together and try and move off the bottoms spot.

Important that we get it run as there are really few viable alternative dates before the cut off. A time to hold our nerve and if need be just to tell the riders to get on with it. 

5 minutes ago, Beirao said:

Important that we get it run as there are really few viable alternative dates before the cut off. A time to hold our nerve and if need be just to tell the riders to get on with it. 

Is it*? There appears to be no difference between finishing second and sixth. And I somehow don't think you are worried about Edinburgh overtaking you.

* obviously commercial imperatives mean all postponements are bad from a financial perspective.

36 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Nielsen, Atkins? Shame Hook is injured, he could have had a lot of guest bookings the last week or so! 

If difficult could just use r/r for Gilkes.

Hook practiced on Tuesday and is fit and looking for a club per his facebook post.

Edited by allthegearbutnaeidea

19 minutes ago, arnieg said:

Is it*? There appears to be no difference between finishing second and sixth. And I somehow don't think you are worried about Edinburgh overtaking you.

* obviously commercial imperatives mean all postponements are bad from a financial perspective.

Arnie I genuinely want to know what Absolute Walloper came up with the playoff plan this year, now don't get me wrong I think the mini leagues thing is an outstanding idea.

But basically giving 1st place to decide the teams their going to face, leaving 2nd 3rd and 4th in a pointless limbo is beyond.

Surely it should've been 1st place gets the 1st pick, 2nd gets the 2nd pick back to 1st for their final playoff league opposition with the remaining team going into the 2nd finishes league.

When it comes to any decision are they QA'ing them at all or just going "f it that'll work"?

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Hook practiced on Tuesday and is fit and looking for a club per his facebook post.

Shame average not tiny bit lower, could have been a temp replacement til Roynon fit again. 

Been on family holiday in Oban and plan to go to this tomorrow before flying back to Bristol on Saturday. Is there plenty of parking?

4 minutes ago, Anzum said:

Been on family holiday in Oban and plan to go to this tomorrow before flying back to Bristol on Saturday. Is there plenty of parking?

The stadium car park I think is pretty expensive, I think there's still a manned car park about half a mile down the street towards the bingo used to be £3. Tbh I (and a lot of people) leave the car on the street perpendicular to the hawthorn street, can't remember the name. There's an industrial estate type area there never had any hassle 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Anzum said:

Yes secure parking very near Stadium,also limited parking at Stadium.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

The stadium car park I think is pretty expensive, I think there's still a manned car park about half a mile down the street towards the bingo used to be £3. Tbh I (and a lot of people) leave the car on the street perpendicular to the hawthorn street, can't remember the name. There's an industrial estate type area there never had any hassle 

Or park for free at said Bingo/Farmfoods. 

• Thanks 1