British Speedway Forum
pvm

Redcar v Edinburgh. 11/08/2023. 7.30 pm

22 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

His best bike was compounded by the police last Friday and he’s yet to be given it back.

Do you mean impounded or was it put in a compound?:blink::drink:

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Time too pack it in if that is the case.He certainty wasn’t injured in the crash.The photographer although has nasty injuries has been on Club website assuring everybody he is Ok.Raced earlier in the week.

Get of the Guys back, is is a champion of men's mental health and has spoken of his own troubles,  I applaud him for riding in spite of the accident and I hope he returns to form soon.  

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Berry9 said:

Get of the Guys back, is is a champion of men's mental health and has spoken of his own troubles,  I applaud him for riding in spite of the accident and I hope he returns to form soon.  

Don’t think he was getting on his back more like expressing his opinion.

One that I agree with he may well come back to form and I hope he does, signs that he will aren’t great though.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

His best bike was compounded by the police last Friday and he’s yet to be given it back.

What can the police possibly know about a speedway bike ,second word of answer is "all".

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

What can the police possibly know about a speedway bike ,second word of answer is "all".

Policia Alba are the most professional force in the Uk, 2 hour tea breaks and 4 hour Lunch breaks is a hard case to crack in an 8 hour day.

Watch Scot Squad it is nearer the truth of the matter than we think.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Wasn’t in great condition though 

9 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

I've read multiple times on here that Boughen will be going to Glasgow, but can't see how he will fit in their team? I got the impression Pijper's place was secure (long term plan) and can't see them dropping a 3.6 rider for Boughen.

Also is Boughen that much better than Pijper? They have similar averages in the NL. If Pijper was dropped (& still on a 2.00 ave) I'm sure Edinburgh would snap him up.

I know it wouldn't make much difference but boughen over Pijper imo, his gating is very good and bike style.

46 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Wasn’t in great condition though 

It’s the engine he rides week in week out that’s in it which is the main issue. Like every rider they’ve all got their favoured engine.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Quicker we shift wood on the better may as well just ride as a 6 man team. Surely someone like Jack Smith for example would be a major upgrade.

Totally agree re Dayle. Was under impression he was only a ‘stopgap few weeks signing’ Would rather a young GB rider was given the spot. One of the weakest riders ever toDon the blue and gold.

Re Cookie - give the guy a break. He was in pieces last week. Taken a lot out him.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Gazc said:

Policia Alba are the most professional force in the Uk, 2 hour tea breaks and 4 hour Lunch breaks is a hard case to crack in an 8 hour day.

He will get his bike back after they have cleared the Sturgeon case first.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, tyretrax said:

Do you mean impounded or was it put in a compound?:blink::drink:

Any chance they could deliver it back, it would look great slung on the back of Nicolas 125k motorhome

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Endeavour said:

Totally agree re Dayle. Was under impression he was only a ‘stopgap few weeks signing’ Would rather a young GB rider was given the spot. One of the weakest riders ever toDon the blue and gold.

Re Cookie - give the guy a break. He was in pieces last week. Taken a lot out him.

I believe that was the original plan however a few who were available rejected us due to travel. So now think we’re kind of stuck. 

51 minutes ago, Endeavour said:

25 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

I believe that was the original plan however a few who were available rejected us due to travel. So now think we’re kind of stuck. 

What about Northern based riders like Greg Blair (before he was injured), Danny Phillips (must have a 2.00 ave) or Sam McGurk?

Next time any British riders bemoan lack of opportunities, Edinburgh should be quick to reply with how many turned down a team place with them!

3 hours ago, Gazc said:

Love scot squad should be shown nationwide :rofl:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

What about Northern based riders like Greg Blair (before he was injured), Danny Phillips (must have a 2.00 ave) or Sam McGurk?

Next time any British riders bemoan lack of opportunities, Edinburgh should be quick to reply with how many turned down a team place with them!

Phillips is just over 2