British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Poole Pirates Vs Redcar Bears 16/8

Joe didn't look confident on the bike last night, hope Adam is back for the play offs as he is the best number 7 out there.

53 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

But not continually in home meetings cos of 8 day rule. So be better to do a replacement if Adam still 4-6 weeks away. 

If we have to rely on our number 7 to win the play offs we are struggling but it would be better to get Joe if Adam isnt coming  back.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

If we have to rely on our number 7 to win the play offs we are struggling but it would be better to get Joe if Adam isnt coming  back.

Yeah, plus Joe just needs more track time and be fine. Really we only need him to get 3-4 points a meeting if they do get him in. 

Edited by lisa-colette

7 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

But not continually in home meetings cos of 8 day rule. So be better to do a replacement if Adam still 4-6 weeks away. 

I've read the 8 day rule doesn't count for NL guests!

3 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Oh okay. But if they are Champ and NL it does? 

5 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

If you go to NDL forum Oxford v Workington.Philwhiteismad explains the LukeHarrison situation regarding guesting.He should know as it is Father.

1 minute ago, Fromafar said:

If you go to NDL forum Oxford v Workington.Philwhiteismad explains the LukeHarrison situation regarding guesting.He should know as it is Father.

Ok, thanks. Will have a look :t:

22 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Edinburgh used Jason Edwards 2021 I think as a guest every week for rest of season and in play offs I believe. Questioned at the time was as you say 8 day rule didn't apply.

But an NDL guest was a rider who hadn't obtained a champ average over 4 in the old days. So if that's the same could Joe T continue to guest? 

Edited by Jaizer

9 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

He can guest every week as he is an NDL rider guesting for home side

1 minute ago, weatherman said:

He can guest every week as he is an NDL rider guesting for home side

...even though he has a Championship average?

The Poole v Edinburgh preview states 'Poole still considering their guest options for Sunday'!

2 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

...even though he has a Championship average?

The Poole v Edinburgh preview states 'Poole still considering their guest options for Sunday'!

Rule is pretty ambiguous and no mention of Championship average only if he has an average in Premiership or Championship that is the figure used. 

3 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

I think so, I'm not 100% sure, the rules aren't easy to follow lol!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Adam Roynon has just said on BSN than he has a broken shoulder so pretty certain he wont be back this season.

If he's out for the season, Joe T seems the obvious signing, can't think of anyone else. Joe's a better choice than Jack Smith imo

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

If he's out for the season, Joe T seems the obvious signing, can't think of anyone else. Joe's a better choice than Jack Smith imo

Well yes. If Adam has said he is out for the season then need a replacement. Joe seems the best available. Although maybe a domino effect with other clubs if someone signs Ashten B and we could use who they drop? Not long left to do this though!