British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

King's Lynn v Ippo 17/08/23

12 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

More to it... Because the postponement wouldn't of been allowed with 2 riders missing imo. Wouldn't you agree?

This crap was put on Buster, for no fault of his own (this time). Brady was running the show, picking the riders and doing the deals and paying them.. He had to jack, and that left Buster in the crap, with an overpriced team, he can't afford.  TJ out ,Klindt out and Barker breaks his collarbone. On top of any problems the might or might not be with Laguta. He could of said fook it and shut both clubs down..

Although a bit of transparency wouldn't go amiss here.

Transparency & Buster, those magic mushrooms must have kicked in lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Sir Sidney said:

Exactly that. 

Part of Phil Morris' role was to ensure there was transparency. 

Here is a perfect opportunity for transparency and it's been fudged as usual. 

I wonder how much authority he truly has , and whether he is just there to ensure the tv meetings run smoothly. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, proud panther said:

Transparency & Buster, those magic mushrooms must have kicked in lol.

If he had been. I think in this case ( i said this case) some people might of understood what he was up against since Alex went. And maybe some might ( i said might) of felt  just a teny weeny bit sympathetic to this situation.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, FromBendThree said:

Don’t forget Keith Chapman was not planning to run Kings Lynn this year nor was he expecting to have to bail them out. 

You are correct Brady and Dale Allett have a whole lot to answer for the mess the club is in especially Brady 

31 minutes ago, Aries said:

What’s that got to do with him postponing this meeting because he’s missing a couple of riders? Totally irrelevant.

Everything. Why run a home meeting at a huge financial loss? 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, proud panther said:

Exactly, guests can always be found, & the money he would have saved if Laguta was missing would have paid for decent guests & R/R for Laguta. Another nail in the coffin of British speedway.

Guests are a fundamental "must have" at a majority of meetings anyway aren't they so what difference would it have made tonight? 

It doesn't really matter who wins anyway does it? 

Maybe this is (another) of those "one offs" and won't happen again...?

(Again)....:rolleyes::D

Just now, Haza said:

You are correct Brady and Dale Allett have a whole lot to answer for the mess the club is in especially Brady 

Yes, recruited a poor team in first place and then Laguta. Have to say it looked good but the will he won’t he ride is no good at all. 

6 minutes ago, Haza said:

I think he is trying to get to the end of the season, and see if a new promoter can be found. Rather than shut it down now.

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I think he is trying to get to the end of the season, and see if a new promoter can be found. Rather than shut it down now.

As I said earlier, this episode could mean the Stars don’t get to complete the season. Who suffers most of they are expunged?

9 minutes ago, FromBendThree said:

As I said earlier, this episode could mean the Stars don’t get to complete the season. Who suffers most of they are expunged?

I'm hoping this is in someway helping to get to the end of the season somehow. Well I hope so.

Edited by Bald Bloke

3 hours ago, StarBoy said:

There is no reason for Artem, Emil, MPT, Simon or Anders not to be there...

I know that but did that mean they would've been? As I said, they haven't said who was unavailable. 

5 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I'm hoping this is in someway helping to get to the end of the season somehow. Well I hope so.

Me too but I well remember how fast Eastbourne went beneath the waves. If Buster is not going to run next year, why continue? 

17 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Yes I can see that but people are quick to blame Chapman and he definitely has major faults but the really Brady especially had put the club in the position it’s now in just to walk away and expect Chapman to pick up everything is a total joke - Brady and his actions could well spell the end of the club . 

• Like 1

Rightly or wrongly I suspect there is some leeway being given here because Buster is playing a hand he wasn't dealt at a table he wasn't supposed to be playing at.  

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Rightly or wrongly I suspect there is some leeway being given here because Buster is playing a hand he wasn't dealt at a table he wasn't supposed to be playing at.  

Exactly right - Chapman has major faults but this team wasn’t his choice the signing of Laguta wasn’t his signing it was Brady’s and sign him then walk away almost straight away. Whatever the personal reasons was/are he should have seen the season out the stood down . 

• Like 3