British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Pitch

Sheffield Tigers v Peterborough Panthers 17/08/23

C'mon then folks what do we reckon tonight's score will be.

Sheffield Tigers

Tobias Musielak

Kyle Howarth 

Adam Ellis

Josh Pickering 

Tai Woffinden 

Lewis Kerr 

Dan Gilkes 

Peterborough Panthers 

Chris Harris 

Vadim Tarasenko 

Ben Basso 

Ben Cook 

Niels Kristian Iversen 

Patrick Wojdylo 

Jordan Jenkins 

Edited by Pitch
Bold type

40-50 Peterborough 

• Like 1

Just now, Daniel Smith said:

40-50 Peterborough 

Wow, I hope you you're right though.

Tarasenko and Wojdylo should go ok on the big track. Paddy could be a trump card at reserve once he has the set up sorted. But all the Panthers will need to be on it for Peterborough to get close. Ill go 50-40  

I'll go for an optimistic 48 - 42

As it stands, without an immediate and successful negotiation/agreement against our October 31 2023 (I believe is the date) demise then this will be the last ever away meeting of Peterborough Panthers. And as was reported on Aug 7: " It’s now likely the club will cease racing altogether"  - think about that :o

Buster reportedly has not given up though and I know that some people are working hard behind the scenes so we're on life support but still fighting, and where there is life there's hope for 2024 and beyond.

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 2

This could go one of two ways but expect both to be a home win, Sheffield team all click and Peterborough go through the motions with season over it’s a massive home win, Peterborough ride for a bit of pride for their club and fans could be a narrow home win

Would be good to see the Sheffield engine room of Howarth, Pickering and Ellis all fire for a change with Kerr getting back in the points.

interesting to see how Tarasenko goes in drier conditions and also Cook.  You’d expect Woldyjo (sp) to get to grips with a fast track but we’ve said that about a lot of Poles around Owlerton, sure Museliak will give home some tips but hopefully that’s after ht15 

Good performance from the Panthers, let down a bit by the reserves and Tarasenko had a diappointing night, but it was Wojdylo's first visit and Jenkins doesn't seem to like it at Sheffield,  Chris Harris excellent as the number 1, 

Panthers helped with Woffinden having an off night

Edited by scoobydoo
  • Like 1

Good performance from the panthers last night. Classic Bomber performance too. I think this current panthers team could cause some upsets in their last few meetings. We still keep getting inconsistent meetings from our lads. Only on occasions do we fire on all cylinders. I feel the Bates will be making a couple of changes before deadline day but hopefully the riders we drop don’t come back to bite us. 

• Like 1