British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Edinburgh. 20/8/23 Championship 5pm.

51 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

And still no news on Edinburghs guest 

https://britishspeedway.co.uk/cab-direct-championship/preview-poole-v-edinburgh-cab-direct-champ/

Maybe Craig Cook is riding? 

Edit - maybe for once the Poole crowd shouldn't boo him, considering what he just been through? But prob still will. 

Edited by lisa-colette

4 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

https://britishspeedway.co.uk/cab-direct-championship/preview-poole-v-edinburgh-cab-direct-champ/

Maybe Craig Cook is riding? 

Edit - maybe for once the Poole crowd shouldn't boo him, considering what he just been through? But prob still will. 

You'd like to think that the vast majority would have the good sense not to boo.

• Like 2

If he is riding there would be a time and a place to give him stick but what he’s been through lately this certainly wouldn’t be it.

16 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

You'd like to think that the vast majority would have the good sense not to boo.

2 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

If he is riding there would be a time and a place to give him stick but what he’s been through lately this certainly wouldn’t be it.

The trouble being is he has been boo'd at Poole last 5/6 years at least. We will see. 

8 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

The trouble being is he has been boo'd at Poole last 5/6 years at least. We will see. 

I thought he had a back injury not a recurrence of his aforementioned mental issues?! Or maybe a mix of both?

Edited by Skidder1

15 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

I thought he had a back injury not a recurrence of his aforementioned mental issues?! Or maybe a mix of both?

Maybe. 

Stream be popular today then? As updates also use the Poole twitter. 

Dayle Wood struggles to get round on a track with no holes or craters.

Some Edinburgh fans may be hoping he disappears down that first bend hole and is never found again.

Edited by Gazc
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Dayle Wood struggles to get round on a track with no holes or craters.

Some Edinburgh fans may be hoping he disappears down that first bend hole and is never found again.

I hope that was said with tongue firmly in cheek.

Must be a wind up. Lol.

He gets booed at Plymouth as well and I’m normally one of the ones who gives it him but if he turns up in 2 weeks time at our place I won’t this time as I think he’s been through enough on a side note I’m looking forward to seeing this dayle wood is he really that bad.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Shaleshifter said:

I hope that was said with tongue firmly in cheek.

Must be a wind up. Lol.

Lol well it was worth a try.

6 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

He gets booed at Plymouth as well and I’m normally one of the ones who gives it him but if he turns up in 2 weeks time at our place I won’t this time as I think he’s been through enough on a side note I’m looking forward to seeing this dayle wood is he really that bad.

Reminds me of former (current?) Redcar promoter jitendra duffill in the Glasgow team. Nowhere near ready and always on the cusp of a fall (no disrespect). Difference being duffill didn't endanger the opposition 

1 hour ago, ray c said:

biggest win of the season coming up by the looks of it ?

Nah, that was against the other Scottish lot. 62-28 wasn't it?!

5 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Nah, that was against the other Scottish lot. 62-28 wasn't it?!

Yeah you won't hit that score when it affects the averages...

• Like 1