British Speedway Forum

11 hours ago, Wee Eck said:

I think it makes perfect sense - a 2 legged tie is different from a mini league. At the risk of staying the obvious, a 2 legged tie is one where the outcome is decided over 2 legs. So a knock out cup round or a play off final (and semi in the case of the Premiership) is a 2 legged tie, a league, full or mini, isn’t. 

so there is no aggregate points in the mini league?sorry to state the obvious, if a bonus is at stake in whatever name you want to call it, it has to be over two legs, technically every meeting in the league, has been over two legs. you cannot get a bonus point from 1 meeting or 3 meetings 

Edited by DazS
to knock some sense into people.

1 hour ago, arnieg said:

There is also a problem in that the number of teams not in the play-offs is so small that guest options are very limited.

That part doesn't bother me so much, Speedway promoters seem to feel of they are weakened by injury it's a travesty, but in any other sport, it's accepted. I'm not saying get rid of guests, teams cancelling matches because they can't get a good guest should certainly never be allowed, but having to use a weaker rider to cover a stronger one, is just a part of sport!

9 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

I personally don't understand the point of this guest restriction in the play-offs.

For example;

1) in the BSN series Jason Edwards can guest for group rivals & risk knocking his own side out - deemed acceptable by the rule makers!

2) Josh Pickering can guest for one of his clubs rivals for 6th spot & risk his own side dropping down to 7th - deemed acceptable by the rule makers!

3) yet a rider from group A, guesting in group B, which means it can't affect his own team whatsoever - not allowed by the rule makers!

3 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

You are right, scenarios 1 & 2 shouldn't be allowed to happen either. But at least they have stopped it for the actual league play offs. And I'd argue it could affect a rider's own team....they could contribute towards eliminating a side they don't want to face or helping a team get through who they do! 

Scenario 1, could be so easily avoided, just by saying riders can't guest for clubs in their own group. Teams would still have 6 out of the 8 clubs to find guests for.

For the last part, I feel of you wanna be Champions, you have to be able to beat any club over 2 legs, can't plan for an easier final.

I think more restrictions on guests would be good, not just in the play-offs though!

2 hours ago, DazS said:

so there is no aggregate points in the mini league?sorry to state the obvious, if a bonus is at stake in whatever name you want to call it, it has to be over two legs, technically every meeting in the league, has been over two legs. you cannot get a bonus point from 1 meeting or 3 meetings 

The point you raised was to do with tactical substitutes not aggregate points. I’m sure @arnieg or @NeilWatson can guide you on aggregate points in a mini or any other sort of league. 

18 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

The point you raised was to do with tactical substitutes not aggregate points. I’m sure @arnieg or @NeilWatson can guide you on aggregate points in a mini or any other sort of league. 

Aggregate points were awarded for the BSN mini-leagues - https://britishspeedway.co.uk/2023-bsn-series/

15 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

SR012.4.5 Tactical Substitute (TS) Is not applicable in a 2 legged tie.

with a bonus point at stake every meeting has been a two legged tie. 

Full fixtures announced...

GROUP A:
WEDNESDAY SEPTEMBER 13: Poole v Scunthorpe 7.30
FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 15: Edinburgh v Scunthorpe 7.30
SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 17: Scunthorpe v Edinburgh 5pm
WEDNESDAY SEPTEMBER 20: Poole v Edinburgh 7.30
FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 22: Scunthorpe v Poole 7.30
FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 29: Edinburgh v Poole 7.30

GROUP B:
WEDNESDAY SEPTEMBER 13: Oxford v Glasgow 7.30
TUESDAY SEPTEMBER 19: Glasgow v Redcar 7.30
WEDNESDAY SEPTEMBER 20: Oxford v Redcar 7.30
FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 22: Redcar v Oxford 7.30
TUESDAY SEPTEMBER 26: Glasgow v Oxford 7.30
WEDNESDAY SEPTEMBER 27: Redcar v Glasgow 7.30

• Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

Aggregate points were awarded for the BSN mini-leagues - https://britishspeedway.co.uk/2023-bsn-series/

I asked the original question (Thanks for your response) as the wording on the BSPL 'Basic League Info' section on their website reads differently - and therefore confusingly - to the SCB rules.  I have emailed the BSPL office this morning for clarification/confirmation.

40 minutes ago, Bojangles said:

Full fixtures announced...

GROUP A:
WEDNESDAY SEPTEMBER 13: Poole v Scunthorpe 7.30
FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 15: Edinburgh v Scunthorpe 7.30
SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 17: Scunthorpe v Edinburgh 5pm
WEDNESDAY SEPTEMBER 20: Poole v Edinburgh 7.30
FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 22: Scunthorpe v Poole 7.30
FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 29: Edinburgh v Poole 7.30

GROUP B:
WEDNESDAY SEPTEMBER 13: Oxford v Glasgow 7.30
TUESDAY SEPTEMBER 19: Glasgow v Redcar 7.30
WEDNESDAY SEPTEMBER 20: Oxford v Redcar 7.30
FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 22: Redcar v Oxford 7.30
TUESDAY SEPTEMBER 26: Glasgow v Oxford 7.30
WEDNESDAY SEPTEMBER 27: Redcar v Glasgow 7.30

Seems a bit odd the club with Friday night priority giving it up for Tuesday's but then might be down to rider availability I'm not aware. Bombers final world long track round apart, maybe saw mention of a Danish final. Either way Tuesdays all but rule me out of attending 

• Like 1

Just now, Jaizer said:

Seems a bit odd the club with Friday night priority giving it up for Tuesday's but then might be down to rider availability I'm not aware. Bombers final world long track round apart, maybe saw mention of a Danish final. Either way Tuesdays all but rule me out of attending 

Shame. As Glasgow vs Oxford and Glasgow vs Redcar have the making of two great meetings.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, DazS said:

with a bonus point at stake every meeting has been a two legged tie. 

No. A two legged tie is a tie decided over two legs. A league match, BSN, main or mini is a league match with the overall results of the league being determined at the completion of the league.

It’s quite simple you know -

two legged tie = no aggregate point

league = aggregate point. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bojangles said:

Shame. As Glasgow vs Oxford and Glasgow vs Redcar have the making of two great meetings.

Absolutely if Friday anything to go by. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

No. A two legged tie is a tie decided over two legs. A league match, BSN, main or mini is a league match with the overall results of the league being determined at the completion of the league.

It’s quite simple you know -

two legged tie = no aggregate point

league = aggregate point. 

how do you get aggregate point in a league meeting. has the penny dropped yet.

1 hour ago, DazS said:

how do you get aggregate point in a league meeting. has the penny dropped yet.

Everyone gets it...

BUT....

You don't get knocked out of the league when you lose agg bonus point and that is the difference they are using when deciding when you can and can't use TS. Think you can blame Peterborough for that one. As when they used one at home and one away in a playoff final (maybe have been more than that depends on the rules at the time) and Reading didn't get a chance to use any and ultimately cost them the league title is the reason why no TS in knock out 2 legs imo.

Edited by lisa-colette
  • Haha 1