British Speedway Forum
szkocjasid

Robert Lambert, play-off guest

It just dawned on me that Lambert could guest for an injured rider in the play-offs. He'd be especially useful on a 7.81 average.

Of course you never want to see a rider injured & hope he won't be needed, but I can almost imagine the reaction if a Belle Vue rider got injured & Lambert guested for them against Sheffield to win the final!

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

It just dawned on me that Lambert could guest for an injured rider in the play-offs. He'd be especially useful on a 7.81 average.

Of course you never want to see a rider injured & hope he won't be needed, but I can almost imagine the reaction if a Belle Vue rider got injured & Lambert guested for them against Sheffield to win the final!

Though it would be by the rules again I could see certain promoters trying to circumnavigate those rules again if they thought it would help them win against an opponent (and rider) suffering with injuries. Yuck!

Can't see any problem with this at all. Lambert would only replace existing No1s & he wouldn't really make an improvement on any team's No1s current form, maybe only Fricke??

• Like 1

9 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

The reaction will be...

"That's perfectly acceptable because it is within the rules"..

"Unlike last year, when, it was, errrrrrr, also within the rules"...

"But I didn't like it"...

" Dribble, Dribble"..

An unnatached rider coming in? Not Acceptable

A rider coming in who has already been knocked out of the competition his scoring has influenced? Perfectly Acceptable..

:D

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mikebv said:

The reaction will be...

" Dribble, Dribble"..

A rider coming in who has already been knocked out of the competition his scoring has influenced? Perfectly Acceptable..

Just shows how bonkers the rules and the sport has become. I’m a tigers and aces fan but can not accept what happened last season as right. It’s a joke. This ridiculous situation doesn’t happen in any other professional sport. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Speedtiger said:

Just shows how bonkers the rules and the sport has become. I’m a tigers and aces fan but can not accept what happened last season as right. It’s a joke. This ridiculous situation doesn’t happen in any other professional sport. 

I can't think of any other team sports that don't have squads. 

So essentially he could guest for

Kurtz

Doyle

Sayfutdinov

Holder

Museilak

Fricke

Masters

and one or two others with 5% home allowance by the look of it.

1 hour ago, mikebv said:

The reaction will be...

" Dribble, Dribble"..

The rules have been changed from last year meaning you cannot sign a full team member and HAVE to rely on guests. The cartel wants a crazy situation where Belle Vue if hit badly by injuries could have Peterborough step in. 

1 Chris Harris

2 R/R

3 Ben Basso

4 Ben Cook

5 Niels Kristian Iversen

6 Simon Lambert

7 Jack Smith

Any organisation that legislates for that is nuts especially when you consider The Aces could put out a fully contracted team, off the top of my head of

1 Zmarzlik 

2 Berge 

3 Zagar

4 Etheridge

5 Tungate

6 Bellego

7 Mulford (if fit by then)

The people running (ruining) this sport and BSF that back them are crazy.  

• Like 1

Looking at the latest green sheets Robert is down as an assessed average rider, marked by a *. https://britishspeedway.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2023/08/p23_issue_26.pdf

Rule 010.2 states

“ A Premiership Assessed League rider will establish an MA after completing 3 home and 3 away qualifying fixtures”.

Kings Lynn only have 2 home fixtures left so if we follow the rule book then he will not get a new average and remain assessed. 

He therefore cannot guest due to the rule book 

012.4.2 Guest Rider (G)

“c) the guest must be in a current team declaration and have an established MA”.

I thought Robert would come back and have his average just roll but it seems that’s not the case. 

http://www.scbgb.co.uk/download.php?view.10304

1 hour ago, ouch said:

Looking at the latest green sheets Robert is down as an assessed average rider, marked by a *. https://britishspeedway.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2023/08/p23_issue_26.pdf

Rule 010.2 states

“ A Premiership Assessed League rider will establish an MA after completing 3 home and 3 away qualifying fixtures”.

Kings Lynn only have 2 home fixtures left so if we follow the rule book then he will not get a new average and remain assessed. 

He therefore cannot guest due to the rule book 

012.4.2 Guest Rider (G)

“c) the guest must be in a current team declaration and have an established MA”.

I thought Robert would come back and have his average just roll but it seems that’s not the case. 

http://www.scbgb.co.uk/download.php?view.10304

It’s because his average is more than two years old I believe. Same applies to Tai at Sheffield for example. 

14 minutes ago, Ben91 said:

It’s because his average is more than two years old I believe. Same applies to Tai at Sheffield for example. 

Yes, that is correct. In fact the ruling has changed as in 21 and 22 it was just older than the previous season. I don't know why Craig Cook's average is marked as assessed, though,  having ridden for Sheffield the first part of last season.

58 minutes ago, Ben91 said:

Dont put facts in the way of a good rant!

Robert uses his 2019 average and they consider it assessed. 

Jaimon uses his 2019 average and they consider it NOT assessed. 

Robert signs last year complete with 2.5% Brits reduction 7.81 down to 7.61

Robert signs this year WITHOUT the Brit reduction 7.81. 

They make it up as they go along.

1 hour ago, tocha said:

Yes, that is correct. In fact the ruling has changed as in 21 and 22 it was just older than the previous season. I don't know why Craig Cook's average is marked as assessed, though,  having ridden for Sheffield the first part of last season.

Cooks average is his 2023 Champ ave converted, but will become a rolling ave in September!

I didn't realise Lambert couldn't guest, as I didn't know his old average counts as an assessed average.