British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Peterborough v Sheffield - 21st Aug

7 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I have always enjoyed my trips to Alwalton, especially the fours finals back in the day. But even it can't hold a candle to the NSS imo

depends on the riders seen some strung out crap around the there

Edited by homer

7 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Most Panthers fans have been slagging off Buster all season for the  crap track. 

outside line  prepared properly its best track in country hands down , see bomber tonight went straight for outside and got mugged up the white line

Edited by homer
  • Haha 1

guess we have a lot of new fans that don`t appreciate alwalton 

3 hours ago, BassoRacingFan said:

Who was that women on TV?

Tarasenko's wife is stunning.

that was wojdylo girlfriend.

she is a stunner. dont know if he picked her up in Argentina , thats where i saw her with him when he was racing out there in the winter.:wub:

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, homer said:

Peterborough kills the NSS as good as its meant to be

Last night it was pretty mundane 

8 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

What's happening to the NSS?

Unfortunately the greedy Showground owners are selling it off to property developers. 

They have finally got their wish and ousted speedway for good !

9 hours ago, Tinker said:

What is up with you iainb? Obviously an ardent follower of speedway and you not only post on here regularly but seem to get to around to lots of speedway venues   ......  but lots of negativity! Come on, let's have a touch more positivity. It's not all bad you know. 

You do know Peterborough are closing at the end of this season don't you? And nobody gives a toss... and Wolverhampton are also closing at the end of this year too!

It's OK watching the League Champions, a professionally run club at the the best track in the world every week... but have you asked yourself who you will be riding against next year?

I'll be up there on BHM for a bit of positivity :)

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, iainb said:

You do know Peterborough are closing at the end of this season don't you? And nobody gives a toss... and Wolverhampton are also closing at the end of this year too!

It's OK watching the League Champions, a professionally run club at the the best track in the world every week... but have you asked yourself who you will be riding against next year?

I'll be up there on BHM for a bit of positivity :)

But just make sure you get back in time for our home meeting.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, W9 Lion said:

But just make sure you get back in time for our home meeting.

8pm isn't it?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Most Panthers fans have been slagging off Buster all season for the  crap track. 

Buster rarely ever gets on a tractor at Peterborough unless their are real pre meeting problems he leaves it to the track staff Dean and Luke, it’s them that make a super grippy white line which inevitably means the outside rarely works well before the interval.

Its been like this for years and the high clay content doesn’t help but the bottom line is the racing isn’t as good early doors but generally improves during the meeting as the dirt line gets wider.

Attendance last was pretty good and much better than most thought it would be, I would estimate between 1200 to 1400, the meeting was also good I dare say the Peterborough fans enjoyed it more because their team won and clinched the aggregate point as well, I certainly did.

Clearly Sheffield were handicapped by having to use RR for Musielak which only got them 5 points, it’s likely Musielak would have doubled that but Peterborough have had that sort of luck for the best part of two years so you just have to take it on the chin although Stead did a good take off of Ritchie Hawkins face like a slapped arse when interviewed.

Woffinden did his job and was backed up by Pickering and Kerr who both had their moments but Ellis was dreadful and Howarth after winning heat 1 did little else.

Panthers on the other hand we’re rock solid all the way through and had a free scoring reserve and never looked threatened for the points although the aggregate was a real bonus and the team got a richly deserved ovation afterwards.

Edited by bigcatdiary

Was I the only one watching this on discovery +,  that for some unknown reason, had to endure eurosport adverts throughout the meeting? Normally I don't have to suffer them.

3 minutes ago, Badge said:

Was I the only one watching this on discovery +,  that for some unknown reason, had to endure eurosport adverts throughout the meeting? Normally I don't have to suffer them.

Must have done. I didn't get any ads.

• Sad 1

32 minutes ago, iainb said:

I think that’s unfair, Panthers supporters do give a toss, BUT the situation is complicated. The developers have yet to officially reveal their plans. There are things happening in the background, these will come to the fore when there is sight of the development plans. Suffice to say, there will be no Speedway at Peterborough in 2024, not because interested current or prospective promoters don’t want to, but because the developers will not renew the lease for any current or prospective promoters.

• Like 4