British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Glasgow 23/8/23 Championship

7 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

I can't see us meeting unless we both get to the play off final!!

Whoever finishes top will pick scunny and whoever gets 6th. Will depend on the Glasgow Oxford match I'd think who between you get top. Redcar, Glasgow and Poole/ Oxford be some great meetings

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Whoever finishes top will pick scunny and whoever gets 6th. Will depend on the Glasgow Oxford match I'd think who between you get top. Redcar, Glasgow and Poole/ Oxford be some great meetings

That’s how I would see it too.

I'd still pick Glasgow over Scunny. Scunny only lost at Poole by 8 and most of that was later stages of the meeting. Also that was before Kemp was signed. 

57 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

I'd still pick Glasgow over Scunny. Scunny only lost at Poole by 8 and most of that was later stages of the meeting. Also that was before Kemp was signed. 

That's you ...Poole won't pick glasgow especially if they have wojdylo in team as they are hurting badly tigers can beat Poole by a few at home if they all click & away won't be as bad as last time still dangerous trust me 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Barabas said:

That's you ...Poole won't pick glasgow especially if they have wojdylo in team as they are hurting badly tigers can beat Poole by a few at home if they all click & away won't be as bad as last time still dangerous trust me 

With the Danish League season not finishing til 20th September (assuming no rain-offs), I guess Glasgow will be hoping the Danish League riders don't progress to the 6th, 13th or 20th ?;)

I see the Tigers have r/r at 2 for Novak at Plymouth this evening. Likely be the same tomorrow plus a guest for Basso as I gather Vissing is not required by his Danish club tomorrow!

Edited by Skidder1

Richie Worrall guest for Basso and r/r for Nowak 

Edited by Arthur54

And Vissing is not missing..........

Poole 1 Richard Lawson 2 Kyle Newman 3 Ben Cook 4 Zach Cook 5 Steve Worrall (Capt) 6 Anders Rowe 7 Joe Thompson - Team manager Neil Middleditch

Glasgow 1 Chris Harris 2 Rider Replacement 3 Tom Brennan (Capt) 4 Santa Claus 5 Richie Worrall (Guest) 6 Lee Complin 7 Ace Pijper Team manager Cameron Brown

Edited by lbw

Pirates to WIN 53-37 me Noddle reckons :t:

Edited by lbw

2 minutes ago, lbw said:

Pirates to WIN 53-37 me Noddle reckons :t:

your to kind 57 33 for me 

3 minutes ago, ray c said:

your to kind 57 33 for me 

You could well be right, maybe after I've had me coffee in London Victoria tomorrow enroute to WINborne Road I will av a clearer thought on the score.

:D

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, lbw said:

You could well be right, maybe after I've had me coffee in London Victoria tomorrow enroute to WINborne Road I will av a clearer thought on the score.

:D

It doesnt really matter as long as its at least 47-43!:D

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

It doesnt really matter as long as its at least 47-43!:D

True, but I won the sweepstake last week so getting the score right does matter in that respect :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lbw said:

And Vissing is not missing..........

Poole 1 Richard Lawson 2 Kyle Newman 3 Ben Cook 4 Zach Cook 5 Steve Worrall (Capt) 6 Anders Rowe 7 Joe Thompson - Team manager Neil Middleditch

Glasgow 1 Chris Harris 2 Rider Replacement 3 Tom Brennan (Capt) 4 Santa Claus 5 Richie Worrall (Guest) 6 Lee Complin 7 Ace Pijper Team manager Cameron Brown

Hope Santa is going to give us some presents! Also notice Tom isn't at 5? 

12 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Hope Santa is going to give us some presents! Also notice Tom isn't at 5? 

Stevie will just av to show Richie who is best of the brothers at no.5! :t:

• Like 1