British Speedway Forum
Bojangles

Championship Pairs - Sep 1st

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

With an ankle injury probably wants a smooth track. 

Do people actually take the pairs seriously then, I always thought it was just a bit of a joke tbh. 

As is every single competition these teams compete in including the league!! Its all made up week to week anyway theres zero credibility in winning any of them… i do note you only seem to find fault in comps Poole dont win though… almost like you make it up to suit 

16 minutes ago, iainb said:

Who's making these rules up you have to ask... toss of a coin? Honestly!

Given that they didn't face each other and their records were identical what do you suggest as an alternative?

Just now, Sir Sidney said:

Given that they didn't face each other and their records were identical what do you suggest as an alternative?

Wrestle 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Monarchs2468 said:

Absolutely. Harris was superb and well done Glasgow. Heat 14 was simply superb. 

Also the BSN commentary team were an absolute shambles tonight, bordering on disgraceful. 

Hilarious nonsense about BSN.

1 minute ago, phillipsr said:

As is every single competition these teams compete in including the league!! Its all made up week to week anyway theres zero credibility in winning any of them… i do note you only seem to find fault in comps Poole dont win though… almost like you make it up to suit 

Haha, I said it at beginning of the meeting! lol. If I say it during the playoffs you might have a point. Never been a fan of a pairs competition. I can just about make do with SoN. 

16 minutes ago, Sir Sidney said:

With iainb I presume 

Like Oliver Reed and Alan Bates :D

It's how all disputes should be resolved

Edited by iainb
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Sir Sidney said:

Anything but a coin toss really, something performance based,  it is sport after all... not bingo

Edited by iainb

Outstanding boys, best team there on the night, toughest draw and still make it. Some shocking attitudes at the start, what point do riders get fined for non trying?

Just as minor point how did we finish 3rd but get 2 and 4 in both finals? Bit weird but we'll take it!!

• Like 1

Just now, iainb said:

Anything but a coin toss really, something performance based

Such as?

Fastest winning time maybe, although that is a bit counter intuitive in a pairs competition you can win without either of your pair crossing the line first in any race.

A race off, but that causes tyre disparity issues

4 minutes ago, Sir Sidney said:

Such as?

Fastest winning time maybe, although that is a bit counter intuitive in a pairs competition you can win without either of your pair crossing the line first in any race.

Yeah, time, I'd happily go with that, at least it's performance based, I can't be doing with coin tosses once a competition has started, should easily be doable now with transponders... or why have transponders?

Edited by iainb
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sir Sidney said:

Such as?

Yes a SUPERHEAT!!! :D:D Something else for Redcar to moan at as we know they hate it :P

9 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Never been a fan of a pairs competition. 

Well luckily for you, Poole didn't win it. Let's go Tigers!!

Just now, Cast1rn said:

Well luckily for you, Poole didn't win it. Let's go Tigers!!

Yep, you have that we have the league, sorted :D :t: