British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Badge

Witches v Lions 24th August

11 hours ago, Baldyman said:

So home come Leicester have a meeting on a Saturday 

Because there were no Mondays/Thursdays where both sides were free, even with the extension to the Play Off deadline. Presumably worked it out that this Saturday was the one where most of the riders were available. 

be interesting if there is a crowd increase

Edited by DazS

1 hour ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

No way will Sheffield be allowed to win Saturdays meeting.....

Why do people on here keep accusing the Bates family of match fixing?

there have been posts about this on various threads now and it is getting tedious as well as potentially illegal

its no wonder they want to sell Leicester when this is all they get, if they decide just to pull out of Leicester and Sheffield at the end of the season due to all the comments they receive i wouldn't blame them

• Haha 4

10 minutes ago, The Third Man said:

there have been posts about this on various threads now and it is getting tedious as well as potentially illegal

its no wonder they want to sell Leicester when this is all they get, if they decide just to pull out of Leicester and Sheffield at the end of the season due to all the comments they receive i wouldn't blame them

If they pull out of a speedway club due to comments on a little forum then they are total wimps. There in it for speedway and money . Businessmen can take a little stick 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, DiveBomb said:

If they pull out of a speedway club due to comments on a little forum then they are total wimps. There in it for speedway and money . Businessmen can take a little stick 

Most business people I know wont allow a few whiners on a forum to even detract from the mission of running a business, in fact they probably dont have the time to even read it - because you know running a business takes up a lot of your time  - however the Sheffield side for saturday is 'rumoured' to not be very strong - but lets see shall we when the line ups are announced!

Edited by GeneralMelchett
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

I think the inclusion of Ryan Douglas and Jason Edwards for Sheffield at Leicester shows that both clubs need to beat each other. They could have just gone for RR and used Ashton Boughen as he will already be there for the Cubs match 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DiveBomb said:

Most promoters are really enthusiasts indulging in their hobby.

If that ceases to be enjoyable because of endless abuse on forums and elsewhere then don't be surprised if their enthusiasm diminishes and they walk away.

Edited by arnieg
  • Like 2

On 8/25/2023 at 12:03 PM, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

On 8/25/2023 at 2:03 PM, The Third Man said:

I don't know why people keep suggesting that Sheffield would let Leicester win (they've certainly been proved wrong) but even if Sheffield would have preferred Leicester to make the play-offs, I can't see riders willingly throwing matches.

• Like 1

that wore well

8 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

I don't know why people keep suggesting that Sheffield would let Leicester win (they've certainly been proved wrong) but even if Sheffield would have preferred Leicester to make the play-offs, I can't see riders willingly throwing matches.

I assume they think it is amusing.

• Like 1

Come on the majority of us were thinking exactly the same! Just a few were brave enough to say it on here. 

Easy now to say they were talking guff now Sheffield have won but prior to the meeting I’d guess most were a little suspicious of the outcome and yes, we were wrong. 

Can hardly blame people for thinking that way when you have a sport here where promotors are telling fibs about broken pit gates to get meetings postponed, Postponing meetings whilst working on a new signing, riders going conveniently missing when they were a match away from attaining a higher average (Jakobson)..(Lynn again who’d have thunk it!!), riders dropping behind team mates to reduce their averages, teams making changes that will be legal but ultimately be over the limit before their next meeting has even taken place, clubs getting their water hoses out to flood the track to get meetings postponed etc etc etc you can go on and on and on. It’s a complete circus ran by con men. You really can’t blame people for being suspicious. 

• Like 3

think thats why they call it theater its all just entertainment, what are we doing on here if it wasn't for the entertainment.:rofl:

6 hours ago, DazS said:

think thats why they call it theater its all just entertainment, what are we doing on here if it wasn't for the entertainment.:rofl:

Have to take a break and come on here,, otherwise I would go blind apparently :P

• Haha 1

Haha got that a little wrong. Look at the sponsor of Sheffield and tell me he would allow Sheffield to not put in 100% effort and good for them for doing it