British Speedway Forum

That @davieb1

How long will be be around

Not long I hope

His posts are useless

Now I would call that a very hurtful & out of order thing to say, so how do you think a rider may feel reading that?

Very poor post, you can give constructive criticism or suggest stronger replacements, plenty of ways to make your point, without calling a rider useless!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

That @davieb1

Not long I hope

His posts are useless

Now I would call that a very hurtful & out of order thing to say, so how do you think a rider may feel reading that?

Very poor post, you can give constructive criticism or suggest stronger replacements, plenty of ways to make your point, without calling a rider useless!

Only saying it as I see it

Yes years ago I wasn't his greatest fan but ĥe was one of the best a

But after seeing him last night he was nowhere near his best not even a shadow of his best

8 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

That @davieb1

Not long I hope

His posts are useless

there was a saying for children years ago (sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me.) adults now more sensitive than children.:cheers:

• Like 4

3 bad lasts again tonight:blush:

People make comments without knowing the full picture. If they did they wouldn’t be saying these things and this thread wouldn’t even be a thing.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Craig Cook was a very decent rider about three stone ago, sadly he`s a shadow of the rider he used to be.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

People make comments without knowing the full picture. If they did they wouldn’t be saying these things and this thread wouldn’t even be a thing.

Riding professional motorcycle racing for a team is not a bloody therapy session... if he can't cut it he'll be binned off like anybody else in life

• Like 7

3 hours ago, iainb said:

Riding professional motorcycle racing for a team is not a bloody therapy session... if he can't cut it he'll be binned off like anybody else in life

Slightly a side topic here but working life is full of people who are either unfit for or no good at the job they do!

Edited by GeneralMelchett
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, GeneralMelchett said:

Slightly a side topic here but working life is full of people who are either unfit for or no good at the job they do!

Nadine Dorries :D

• Haha 1

He's still averaging 9 points a meeting for Edinburgh so he's doing well in that respect.

Didn't get to see him ride at Poole due to him being out injured.

Maybe his mental health issues plague him at times and in that respect the authorities should stop him from riding for a period as he could be a danger to others as well as himself.

The recent incident at Edinburgh with the photographer certainly won't av helped him.

The start of this thread certainly could've been said in a more subtle way.

• Like 1

I think we should cut Craig some slack, ok he’s not at his best but credit where it’s due he’s been a really good rider and gave it his best shot. Give him a break. 

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Speedtiger said:

I think we should cut Craig some slack, ok he’s not at his best but credit where it’s due he’s been a really good rider and gave it his best shot. Give him a break. 

So why did he pull out of the CLRC after one 'ride'? Bike, back or mental health?

None of us know what's going through his mind at the moment, so let's just let him sort himself out and decide his future over the winter.

Riders like Shawn Moran and numerous others knew when the time was right to quit, if Cookie's reached that point then good luck to him and thanks for the memories.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

So why did he pull out of the CLRC after one 'ride'? Bike, back or mental health?

As far as I can make out, Bike.