British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tocha

Leicester v Sheffield 26th August 6.30pm.

I see Dicko and the rest of the team have gone missing again after the meeting with only Max Fricke coming out to make the draw. Had half an hour to fill as well

3 minutes ago, iainb said:

It's a sign of the times we live in I'm afraid... tonight, and I'm not making this up, we're being told over the PA, to keep to the left of the footpath on the way out of the stadium... because of the stinging nettles! When I was a kid you'd be pushed into them for making a request like that!

dont tell blobby he will be wanting to send best wishes to every one who got stung.

Just now, DazS said:

dont tell blobby he will be wanting to send best wishes to every one who got stung.

Shall we push Blobby in the nettles boys & girls :D

• Haha 1

he will have the police after us.for a crime such as that.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

No obsession...just live in the real world ...lets just wait and see..

Take it you live on Fantasy Island.

• Haha 1

Well this has put a spoke in the pigeon! Leicester have 4 left to Ipswich’ 1. I can’t see Leicester winning any of the three away fixtures at Belle Vue, Wolves or Peterborough. Lynn at home you’d think they pick up the three points. Ipswich last meeting away to Lynn where they’ve already won comfortably recently. 

Ipswich now slight favourites?

No luck for Kyle Howarth tonight, two blown engines had to ride Pickering’s second bike for majority of the night 

36 minutes ago, iainb said:

Shall we push Blobby in the nettles boys & girls :D

35 minutes ago, DazS said:

he will have the police after us.for a crime such as that.

Struggle to find half a brain cell between these two I think.

• Like 1

I think all the malicious comments about the bates family are totally unfair, as they are a straight family, everyone seems to forget the mess Leicester speedway was left in by the previous owners, they have turned the club around with their finances and made it into a viable club of which is was not before, The team has won trophies and maintained a good all round effort the last 7 years, non of this would not have happened without the Bates family commitment

• Like 1

Left after Max James hit the air bags (hope he's OK) as I could see the rain coming in on the radar (even though the Leicester promotion seemingly couldn't, but don't get me started on that!) And I was absolutely astonished to find the gates locked as I wanted to leave... WHY? It certainly wasn't due to a capacity crowd (was pretty good though tbh, Saturday night speedway, who would have thunk it?)... but just what were the Leicester promotion hoping to gain from keeping people out of watching what was effectively a free match and maybe repeat business? I despair sometimes, i really do :(

Edited by iainb

5 minutes ago, iainb said:

Left after Max James hit the air bags (hope he's OK) as I could see the rain coming in on the radar (even though the Leicester promotion seemingly couldn't, but don't get me started on that!) And I was absolutely astonished to find the gates locked as I wanted to leave... WHY? It certainly wasn't due to a capacity crowd (was pretty good though tbh, Saturday night speedway, who would have thunk it?)... but just what were the Leicester promotion hoping to gain from keeping people out of watching what was effectively a free match and maybe repeat business? I despair sometimes, i really do :(

were you wearing your top hat and tails.:shock:

I've also got to say, he may not be everybody's cup of tea off the track... but Woffy was pure class tonight on it, right up there with Emil for me around Leicester

16 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Struggle to find half a brain cell between these two I think.

think you would struggle to get out of a paper bag. 

18 minutes ago, iainb said:

It's a sign of the times we live in I'm afraid... tonight, and I'm not making this up, we're being told over the PA, to keep to the left of the footpath on the way out of the stadium... because of the stinging nettles! When I was a kid you'd be pushed into them for making a request like that!

Update. The stinging nettles are no longer a risk to the departing public. Mr Dickson has advised that all nettles have been removed from the site. The nettles will then be extracted from the rectum of a certain Mr Cook after a visit to LRI Casualty and disposed of responsibly.

There is doubt over who will be at BP on Monday. I’m waiting for the team line up. If Cook is riding, the management may be looking for a ‘Guest’ spectator in the seat my arse normally occupies. 

• Haha 2