British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Birmingham 30/8/23 Championship

Pirates final home league meeting of the season before the playoffs. Hopefully Brum will turn up with a decent guest and give it a go. Three points guaranteed so it’s all down to Edinburgh away and Oxford at Glasgow to see who will finish top of the pile and take the pick of the teams in the top six. 

Current forecast is for a dry day with no rain about. Decent crowd expected. Can Birmingham pull off a big shock?

Well he rode the semi but how much was adrenaline is anyone’s guess. Fingers crossed it’s nothing bad.

I think he is meant to be riding at BV for Leicester tomorrow, so see if he rides in that. 

Bomber guesting for Lawson at BV today. Not shocked bound to have woken up sore after that fall

2 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Bomber guesting for Lawson at BV today. Not shocked bound to have woken up sore after that fall

He's not riding in the evening meeting either!!

If Wednesday is in doubt then I guess the guest would be Danny (assuming recovered from the Wright missile), Rory or Josh?!

21 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

If Wednesday is in doubt then I guess the guest would be Danny (assuming recovered from the Wright missile), Rory or Josh?!

If Lawson didn't try and drop his average we might have been able to have Masters ;) But I guess Oxford are riding anyway (haven't checked). 

3 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

If Lawson didn't try and drop his average we might have been able to have Masters ;) But I guess Oxford are riding anyway (haven't checked). 

No, Poole v Brummies is the only meeting on Wednesday.  A bit dodgy using anyone from Oxford or Glasgow whilst top spot is still up for grabs, especially as some clubs feel its imperative they finish top?!;)

My choice would be Pickering as it would be in his (Edinburgh's) interest for Brummies to be well beaten!!

Edited by Skidder1

1 minute ago, Skidder1 said:

No, Poole v Brummies is the only meeting on Wednesday.  A bit dodgy using anyone from Oxford or Glasgow whilst top spot is still up for grabs, especially as some clubs feel its imperative they finish top?!;)

But should we be giving Redcar riders an outing before the group of death meetings ;)

20 minutes ago, heathen52 said:

Surely any half decent HL as a guest will be enough for you to beat the Brummies.

Funny things might happen.

I guess it depends how much we want to finish top and if we don't would we rather Edinburgh or Brum were in Oxford's group? 

Edited by lisa-colette

5 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

But should we be giving Redcar riders an outing before the group of death meetings ;)

I've said before I don't think finishing top this season is as important as other seasons. Poole are capable of beating any of the other 5 teams on aggreagte - yes even Oxford as we won't lose there by as many as before!

36 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Edinburgh racing at Plymouth on Tuesday, so quite handy for getting to Poole for Josh 

18 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

Edinburgh racing at Plymouth on Tuesday, so quite handy for getting to Poole for Josh 

Unless Birmingham have booked him already.