British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tellboy

Sheffield v King's Lynn 31/8/23

7 minutes ago, SpeedwayFan91 said:

Breum is back for Ipswich on Monday, no idea why he’s not riding tonight… I’ve been told the team for Monday by my mate Finn

Which includes who?

With Peterborough now called off surely Lynn can draft in some proper guests.......

1 minute ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

With Peterborough now called off surely Lynn can draft in some proper guests.......

Vadin or NKI for Klindt?

13 minutes ago, StarBoy said:

Which includes who?

My mate Finn told me that the team for Monday is… Lambert, RR (Klindt), Breum, Mountain (G), Palm Toft, Lambert, Rowe… with all 6 riders being able to take a RR 

As we are here from Berwick on a mini trip what time does the bar shut at the stadium 

8 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Vadin or NKI for Klindt?

Worrall is guesting for Klindt… we could only have a guest for TJ, which only leaves a choice of Z.Cook Flint or Jenkins

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Normski said:

As we are here from Berwick on a mini trip what time does the bar shut at the stadium 

10:30ish but a couple of pubs nearby, Crown and New Barrack Tavern

46 minutes ago, arnieg said:

But they announced the guest before the match was even finished - psychic powers?

I think he maybe on about the fall last Thursday.Isn't it an automatic 8/9 day lay off in the UK.Other countries vary i think.

20 minutes ago, Normski said:

Must be around 11 pm, the latest I've ever stayed until is around 10.30pm and there weren't many in, the staff were asking if anyone wanted any more drinks as I think they were thinking of closing up. You could always go out to the New Barrack Tavern which is about five minutes walk from the stadium.

34 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

You would like to think so. However, management don't fill me with confidence in proactivity

Just now, StarBoy said:

You would like to think so. However, management don't fill me with confidence in proactivity

The problem being though i suppose is letting riders down that have already said they will take the booking.But i would like to see better guests.

Just now, tellboy said:

The problem being though i suppose is letting riders down that have already said they will take the booking.But i would like to see better guests.

Unfortunately in speedway you need to be ruthless, just ask Robert Lambert - made a whole career out of it. 

Still no reason not to get a guest for TJ and if they struggle just replace them with Simon and Anders, which is what we will be doing with R/R anyway. Cheap night for Buster anyway without PP running so worth taking the risk on someone imho.

6 minutes ago, StarBoy said:

Unfortunately in speedway you need to be ruthless, just ask Robert Lambert - made a whole career out of it. 

Still no reason not to get a guest for TJ and if they struggle just replace them with Simon and Anders, which is what we will be doing with R/R anyway. Cheap night for Buster anyway without PP running so worth taking the risk on someone imho.

We’ve already got 2 guests though (Worrall for NK and Mountain for Breum), we couldn’t have a guest for TJ aswell, 1 has to be R/R 

With NK’s average only being in the 6’s, the best guest we could have away at Sheffield is Richie Worrall and Mountain for Breum is also the best we could get. I’ve not really liked the guests in some of our other meetings (Kye Thomson for example) but tonight I don’t mind them at all.

Edited by SpeedwayFan91
Missed things

Vissing on his debut for Sheffield should score a few points against this lot then again maybe not!

Edited by foreverblue