British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Badge

KO cup final dates Witches v Tigers 2023

On 9/12/2023 at 9:38 AM, Roger Jacobs said:

I think it's one Reg that is actually positive. It stops the use of guests, while encouraging teams to use riders from the available "pool" of Rising Stars, who will be keen to have the chance to continue their learning.

On 9/12/2023 at 10:27 AM, Arch Stanton said:

Agree to disagree. The “pool” isn’t very big and most on that list are completely out of their depth bar a small handful that the others are already using. You obviously can’t run R/R for your number 7 either so this particular rule is a complete nonsense. Anyone who loses their number 1 aren’t particularly disadvantaged as they can pick up a current GP rider, but someone losing their Rising Star are pretty much buggered. You should have the same freedom of choice for your number 7 as you get for your number 1. I don’t see why one has to be different to the other. 

Gotta side with Roger here, any rule which limits guests has to be seen as a positive. Feel more should be done to ensure clubs don't become strengthened when a rider is missing.

I don't understand why some act like a team being weakened by injuries is a travesty, it happens in any sport.

Besides I feels there's still a few RS options who are worth a try: Atkins, Smith, Joe T & Boughen shouldn't be out of their depth.

• Like 1

Track is grippy and causing riders issues. Doyle nearly took a purler there. What’s happened to cause this?

Edited by Steve Shovlar

Danny King had a near get off and Danny Hume lost it. Seems there’s a bump with grippy material.

Ipswich got this sewn up with their top two.

14 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Track is grippy and causing riders issues. Doyle nearly took a purler there. What’s happened to cause this?

Track is catching the home riders out, Hume unlucky too and Doyle struggled in last race too, won it easily enough though, never been Chris Holders best track

Chris Holder..  It's been 12 years since iv'e been here, and i ain't missed it a bit. You can't race on that :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Chris Holder..  It's been 12 years since iv'e been here, and i ain't missed it a bit. You can't race on that :)

He has never liked Foxhall

7 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Sad that a rider of his calibre/stature still seems unable to tackle a track head on and get on with the racing and looks for the correct set up to be competitive but instead decides to bemoan the standard of racing surface when it is the same for all the riders. Why does he bother?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hawk127 said:

Sad that a rider of his calibre/stature still seems unable to tackle a track head on and get on with the racing and looks for the correct set up to be competitive but instead decides to bemoan the standard of racing surface when it is the same for all the riders. Why does he bother?

The Ipswich riders are also finding the track difficult. Holder said they need a motorway blade on it. The bumps have thrown riders all over the place on the first bend. Holder has a point.

Witches have this in the bag.

3 minutes ago, Hawk127 said:

I've not been a fan since his half a King's Lynn season . 

8 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

The Ipswich riders are also finding the track difficult. Holder said they need a motorway blade on it. The bumps have thrown riders all over the place on the first bend. Holder has a point.

Witches have this in the bag.

Danny King is on fire, I knew I would miss him!