British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Arch Stanton

Kings Lynn v Ipswich 4th September

1 hour ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

First time ever brought a programme with absolutely no editorial from either the promotion or team manager. Especially as it was the final meeting of the season 

I'm intrigued to know what was in it?

I would get Rowe snapped up for next year too, no idea what the league system is going to look like but his scores in the past few weeks (along with S. Lambert) have kept the scores tight, its the engine room that's need sorting (and number 1 if Robert isn't staying)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

But remember they don't have to be good now, just good when they play-offs start

Like you can switch form on and off? Hopefully we'll give a good account of ourselves in the league match at Owlerton a place where we've had our backsides handed to us several times Inc our last play off appearance there 

Thought Chris Gay had an absolute mare last night, so inconsistent with the starts. Pulling them back and warning Ipswich riders but not when King's Lynn riders jumped the starts. Heat 1 should've been rerun after the carnage in the first bend, how nobody came off after S. Lambert went right across the corner. Witches deserved the win after some bending off the rules by KL. Should've had to go with 1 rider in heat 12 as Bruem pulled out of the meeting with an existing injury, from last week, but allowed IRR. Glad to hear KL will be running next season

People missing the point with the praise and worship of Buster. 

The most significant difference from the past 2/3 years is this back end of the season he's HAD TO SPEND MONEY. 

Hopefully he's learnt a valuable lesson, you can't run a team on the cheap without consequence. 

He should know now, King's Lynn in 2024 MUST HAVE A GENUINE No1 & No5 to stand a chance. 

Some will say Simon Lambert & Anders Rowe must also be included, but they both could be on 5 averages next season making them 2nd strings. Could you really trust them as a No2 & No4?? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

People missing the point with the praise and worship of Buster. 

The most significant difference from the past 2/3 years is this back end of the season he's HAD TO SPEND MONEY. 

Hopefully he's learnt a valuable lesson, you can't run a team on the cheap without consequence. 

He should know now, King's Lynn in 2024 MUST HAVE A GENUINE No1 & No5 to stand a chance. 

Some will say Simon Lambert & Anders Rowe must also be included, but they both could be on 5 averages next season making them 2nd strings. Could you really trust them as a No2 & No4?? 

My post  sticking up for Buster was referring to this season. He's far from perfect i might add. As you know he went from having virtually nothing to do with both clubs, virtually retired, to having both clubs promotion  dumped on him, with short notice. With the stick he has been getting he could of walked.. I do know more than some on this one.

As for the 2nd part of your post. I agree, this season has shown you can't keep finishing bottom, the fans will walk eventually. At Lynn you have to be challenging, and winning  most of your home meetings for the fans to attend in better numbers. If you can't afford to do it in the Prem, the Championship it has to be(if both run next season). I also agree regarding our 2 reserves. As good as they have been in the last few meetings, you can't have them in the 1-5 in the Prem imho.

Edited by Bald Bloke

16 hours ago, castrolargh said:

If Robert hadn't had 2 engine failures late on, ippo would have lost tonight 

What about if Breum had actually had three rides ...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

Probably not if the league was in its current format, but I think I would take them at 2 & 6, not the biggest Simon Lambert fan by any means but he has proven he deserves it, has a lot of support at Lynn and history at the club, Rowe could potentially be one of the best reserves in the league. 

18 hours ago, Hawk127 said:

Unfortunately without a good deal of luck the witches are going to struggle and it could be all over except for the cup. Sadly sticking by riders who are not up to which is in isolation when other teams have gone for bust in bringing riders to get to the finals may have bitten the witches on the rear. It would be good for speedway if the likes of Doyle and Sayfutdinov are in the play offs but who knows. Maybe as guests if Ipswich cannot carry it off tonight. 

Sayfutdinov and Doyle have the two highest averages in the Prem by a distance, so neither can be used as guests.

24 minutes ago, Roger Jacobs said:

Sayfutdinov and Doyle have the two highest averages in the Prem by a distance, so neither can be used as guests.

The only thing having a couple of GP standard riders in a team guarantees is a big hole in the club's (or sponsor's) finances!!

Rowe klindt and Robert  should definately be back! Hopefully Robert will want a full season back at the club! Mpt if his average drops below a 5  I’d take a punt on 

7 hours ago, therefused said:

Weird that you signed up to the forum the same time Hoggart was announced as team manager... the guy is absolutely inept

You have excelled yourself and are correct to a point, a full stop actually. I'll add it for you, "Weird that you signed up to the forum." You are right, very weird. 

Edited by Fatfingers

1 hour ago, Roger Jacobs said:

If Leicester make it I believe Sheffield could use Doyle in the home leg only 

4 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

The only thing having a couple of GP standard riders in a team guarantees is a big hole in the club's (or sponsor's) finances!!

Not really, it also guarantees entertainment. They’ve been an absolute joy to watch all season long the pair of them. 

Edited by Arch Stanton
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, noaksey said:

If Leicester make it I believe Sheffield could use Doyle in the home leg only 

As it stands the Tigers can use 9.29 for Tai at home with the 5% home allowance, and JD is 9.21:t: