British Speedway Forum
SharpenRake

Glasgow V Oxford Championship - Friday 8 September 2023 - 7.30pm

2 hours ago, crescent girl said:

Isn't there a history throughout the leagues of some clubs not nominating their highest-paid rider(s) for Heat 15 as a simple economy, if the match is already won (or lost)?

Glasgow being one of them. 

Full credit to Sam Masters and Scott Nicholls for doing any ht 15 this year even when the result (and even aggregate bonus point) was decided. Oxford Promotion obviously believe in letting the fans see the best riders at every opporchancity. 

Edited by cinderfella

10 minutes ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

How do you respond to maniacs like this, @iainb?:D

To be fair, he does have a point. I mean, between tagging people and quoting posts, I’m basically a Quantum Physicist.

You seem to have misunderstood my post. I'm not accusing of you being intelligent (obviously - I would never do that), I'm accusing you of being very familiar with the forum!

Edited by Bojangles
  • Haha 2

Just now, Bojangles said:

You seem to have misunderstood my post. I'm not accusing of you being intelligent (obviously), I'm accusing you of being very familiar with the forum!

Note to self: never address @Bojangles with irony. He doesn’t understand it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

Note to self: never address @Bojangles with irony. He doesn’t understand it.

Such a narcissist, you post 'notes to self' on a public forum for everybody to read. :D

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bojangles said:

Such a narcissist, you post 'notes to self' on a public forum for everybody to read. :D

That isn’t narcissism; that’s being organised.

Narcissism was when I shouted “TWENTY POUNDS, GOING IN” and waved the note in the air before chucking it in Lewis Kerr’s Ben Fund collection bag on Friday night.

Edited by TheWellBehavedWorrall

54 minutes ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

That isn’t narcissism; that’s being organised.

Narcissism was when I shouted “TWENTY POUNDS, GOING IN” and waved the note in the air before chucking it in Lewis Kerr’s Ben Fund collection bag on Friday night.

I'm afraid it is. Narcissism means to have an excessive self image/self-importance. Anyway, I'm sure you could argue about all day about it even though you're wrong.

Fact is, nobody believes you are new here (let alone the fact you've only just gone to your first meeting in years - as you like to tell everybody), so just do yourself a favour and drop the act. Nobody comes on to a forum for the first time and posts almost 100 times in just two weeks and argues with all the members who post regularly (amongst other things already mentioned). Nobody sane anyway.

Edited by Bojangles
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, cinderfella said:

Glasgow being one of them. 

Full credit to Sam Masters and Scott Nicholls for doing any ht 15 this year even when the result (and even aggregate bonus point) was decided. Oxford Promotion obviously believe in letting the fans see the best riders at every opporchancity. 

There again at Berwick Oxford put out Masters and Nichols both unbeaten by an opponent  but they didn’t give it maximum effort as the match was won and just cruised round at the back.we did see them though.!!

Edited by Fromafar

12 minutes ago, Bojangles said:

I'm afraid it is. Narcissism means to have a an excessive self image/self-importance. Anyway, I'm sure you could argue about all day about it even though you're wrong.

Fact is, nobody believes you are new here (let alone the fact you've only just gone to your first meeting in years - as you like to tell everybody), so just do yourself a favour and drop the act. Nobody comes on to a forum for the first time and posts almost 100 times in just two weeks and argues with all the members who post regularly (amongst other things already mentioned). Nobody sane anyway.

Alexa, give me an example of the inane ramblings of a troubled mind.

3 minutes ago, Bojangles said:

That’s the profile of a troubled mind; I asked for the inane ramblings of.

Almost. At least you tried.

Anyway, go away, I’m busy trying to keep up this act and you’re distracting me.

1 minute ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

That’s the profile of a troubled mind; I asked for the inane ramblings of.

Almost. At least you tried.

Anyway, go away, I’m busy trying to keep up this act and you’re distracting me.

If you can’t see it contains the latter, it’s definitely the former. 

I'm just amazed you've managed to post so much so quickly since you joined. My first two comments took two months to get approved :D

• Like 2

On 9/9/2023 at 10:31 AM, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

H1: 57.69

H2: 58.83

H3: 56.78

H4: 56.87

H5: 58.15

H6: 58.22

H7: Awarded

H8: 57.86

H9: 58.67

H10: 59.09

H11: 58.33

H12: 59.14

H13: 58.80

H14: 58.57

H15: 58.84

Good effort with the times, but have corrected them to 2 decimal places as we have the technology :D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fromafar said:

There again at Berwick Oxford put out Masters and Nichols both unbeaten by an opponent  but they didn’t give it maximum effort as the match was won and just cruised round at the back.we did see them though.!!

I seem to remember reports that Sam at least was trying something on his bike in that instance. 

Just now, cinderfella said:

I seem to remember reports that Sam at least was trying something on his bike in that instance. 

Like I say at least we saw them,Was Sam trying to make he bike go slower.It Worked if that was the case.!!!!